What's new

Mortal Kombat X Fight Pad questions

Art Lean

Noob
I’ve seen numerous opinions on the official Mortal Kombat X Fight Pad controller online but am still very undecided on the matter, so can any experts here offer some better insight on it, since I’ll trust your opinions far more than random strangers on the internet haha.

1) Most importantly, is it any good? I understand it’s quite light but is it otherwise robust and responsive, especially on the d-pad? I’m unsure about it having 6 buttons on the face (like an old Sega Saturn controller) since I’ve grown up playing MK on SNES and PlayStations so am only used to the four button layout, so will that be hard to adjust to?

2) Does the Xbox One/360 dual compatibility version also work with PC? It doesn’t say so on the box and can’t ever find PC-labelled ones online, but I thought wired Xbox controllers are all designed to work with PC by default? It’s for PC I want it and I find the wired Xbox controllers I use to play MK9 have horrible raised d-pads that are very inaccurate for many MK special move inputs.

3) If it does work for PC, would it work for all of the MK games I own on PC, namely MK Arcade Kollection, MK4 (GOG edition) and MK9?

Many thanks in advance for any insight any of you can offer :)

Last edited:

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Wouldn't recommend it. I had one for PS4 and one for XB1. If I recall correctly, the XB1 version works fine on PC.

It just isn't a very good pad imo. Felt very cheap. The d-pad itself was so-so, not great. Also, having 6 buttons on the face is fine and all, but the fact that the bumpers have been totally removed was a poor design choice. It took me quite a while to get used to having my throw button on the face. I dunno if I ever got used to it tbh. Only used it for a month or so before I found my favorite pad.

I dunno how many times I've recommended this to people on here, but it's probably the best pad I've ever used:

I simply ignore the 2 extra face buttons, as they've left the bumpers alone. Great pad.

I got the Mortal Kombat X Fight Pad when it launched but it took a few days to get to me and I immediately returned it as people were reporting the D-Pads were breaking on them after only a few days.

I ended up going with a Hori Gem Pad EX for Xbox 360 instead and it was great.

I also picked up the Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox One off of @Cobainevermind87 's recommendation back in March 2019, and it is indeed a fantastic pad that works great on my PC, Xbox One X, and Xbox 360 E. Like him, I ignore the two extra face buttons and use a traditional layout (you can remap the buttons from the pad itself, so I ignore the "A" and "X" buttons on it and remapped everything else to confirm to a traditional Xbox One Wireless Controller layout.

The only downer to the Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox One now is that it's no longer available, and I have no idea where to buy one. The PlayStation 4 version is still available, and it does not allow button remapping from the pad itself but features a Turbo option instead.

This is the new Hori Fighting Commander for Xbox Series, but I have no idea how it performs, or if it's even released yet (it's not on Amazon Canada).

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I am a creature of habit, and I also like to spend my money wise. Therefore, after spending like 500$ on PlayStation Controller since MK9 was lunched, I went and find my brain cells....

You know what they say "Better late then latter", and as I did so, I went full throttle and pimped my Pad with these mothtafockers:

Amen brother, no errors. I am still a looser, but at least I know I was out played, and I dont end up tossin' the controller across the room aiming at my annoying cat.