What's new

Mortal Kombat X DLC Character Release Dates

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
So you mean to tell me that the game drops on the 14th, and then less than 2 weeks later we get Jason?

Seems a bit rushed to me.

However, if they were already working on DLC before the announcement, which they probably were, perhaps they're just about done with them.

I wonder if they'll speak on this before the launch of the game.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Tanya had the most criticism about her appearance so in addition to all the normal stuff they likley have to redue the model

They sure saved the best for last. Those 2 months are gonna be pain to wait for Tanya, but on the other hand I'm glad they are putting that much time into her. I hope both her model and variations turn out to be amazing.

MCPeePants

Bout it
Tanya had the most criticism about her appearance so in addition to all the normal stuff they likley have to redue the model
In one of the most recent vids, the French dudes briefly saw Tanya's model in a development build. Says she looks a lot better than the reveal trailer. If you can't trust a Frenchman, who can you trust?!

"Lafayette, we are here."

This probably isn't correct. Those dates are Sundays, which is weird because why would you release DLC on a Sunday. Also, considering it's in Australia, which is a day ahead of US, US citizens would be getting it on Saturday. Every other NRS DLC has been released on Tuesday, why change the cycle now?

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Well, with the new batman bundle coming out in the last week of June, it looks like it won't matter who's first or last for me. :(

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
I don't recall MK9 DLC to arrive so soon after launch, or am I wrong?
I swore MK9's DLC came out a month after the game, and then each character was released about 1 month after each other.

I remember Freddy being able to download in August of 2011 and the game came out in April.

I mean I'm all in for a faster rollout, I just hope they aren't god-like because that means they'll be patched too quick. Need some time to fully flesh out the characters IMO.

Lastly, it appears there may be a Kombat Pack #2 to (hopefully) release around September.

This probably isn't correct. Those dates are Sundays, which is weird because why would you release DLC on a Sunday. Also, considering it's in Australia, which is a day ahead of US, US citizens would be getting it on Saturday. Every other NRS DLC has been released on Tuesday, why change the cycle now?
Other countries do no have the same schedule as the US. This isn't new.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
The question really needing to be solved is what that means for release dates on the DLC. Are we talking week-of April 26 and so on and so forth for various regions; week before that, what? I doubt they're just completely wrong, but it'd be nice to have some word from NRS on it. That, of course, we probably won't get until the game is out.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
The question really needing to be solved is what that means for release dates on the DLC. Are we talking week-of April 26 and so on and so forth for various regions;
That's usually how things like this goes...

They (the major gaming companies) should globalize the release date of DLC tbh like music releases.

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
Didn't they say that kombat pack holders will get content earlier? Maybe they will get it on a Saturday, while others will get it on Tuesday.

seems like they are all coming out so soon that theres room for even more chars after, at least give us as many as injustice had