What's new

Mortal Kombat vs Killer Instinct; Is this really what the majority of MK players want?

What do you want more, MK vs KI.....OR...KI3 & MK10??

• MK vs KI

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • KI3 & MK10

Votes: 46 85.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tim Static

Adminerator
Aside from Ed's AFD trolling escapades today....

Sure i guess MKvKI would sell well. Hell, MKvDC sold well too, but it was a disaster from Day 1. Im not saying MKvKI would be a disaster because NRS isnt Midway, and they have learned a lot since. I bring this up because being such a KI fan, I believe Killer Instinct deserves a reboot with KI3 first, before anything involving Killer Instinct. Its been WAY too long since KI2, and I dont think the best way to do this would be as a crossover with another game.

With that being said, and with some known issues with MK9, I want solid, improved product with MK10 first as well, before MK going a different route. MK9 is legit, but the next MK game should be MK10, not a crossover, and take the good parts of MK9 & run with it. I dont want to discuss too much about the MK9 issues, there are threads for that, and this isnt one of them.

So thoughts? Discuss, and make sure you vote! Thanks!

I want MK10 first, than KI as a standalone title, so it can build a fanbase. You don't want to end up in a SF x TK situation. Bo Rai Cho for MK10, come on guys, he should be our Rufus!

Killer Instinct is only known to the gaming community, niche FG players, outside of that people wouldn't have interest much. That's why Boon and developers are reluctant to make it, would you're average Joe buy Killer Instinct? No. Boon even said himself.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I don't want a Vs. game of ANY kind. lol

We've reached a point where new fighters are beginning to include characters from other fighters created by different DEVELOPERS. (SFxT, DOA 5, etc.)

Or even characters that just don't belong. (Freddy)

It almost reminds me of the state that Hollywood is in, right now....

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I'd rather having MK10 and KI3, and , if KI3 might end being a huge sucessful game among MK players, they could try a MK x KI crossover, in 2D format.

I think that would work better this way.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
In a perfect world:

First: UMK9.
Second: Killer Instinct: Redux as the last great FG for this generation of consoles.
Third: MK V KI as a launch title for the next-gen systems.

But if it happens, I will not say no. It could work the other way around, reintroduce the world to the KI cast while they're built into the MK backbone, and make them awesome enough to warrant their own refurbishing, with a bigger cast, new faces, and higher combo counts than a 3X Hyper Combo Infinite.

I am excited at the prospect of another Killer Instinct, it was my go to game at the arcades when the bigger kids (at the time) would pretty much take over the MK machine lol. I miss playing Orchid and Glacius.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I would prefer their own installments, however, I'd probably still be happy with MK vs KI.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I'd rather have MK vs SF. Dont Hate.
DF Hadoukens and FD Shoryukens! Man, that'd be weird, but they'd probably make Ryu and Ken a hell of a lot more diverse from each other than they currently are. Despite the pallet swaps in MK, the ninjas are very different, obviously sharing normals in the old installments however.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Could be interesting, I'm not in a huge rush for MK10 anyways because unless they screw around with the story ending of this game. Most of my favorite characters are dead and think they would just be replaced with alot of the later characters which don't really have that nostalgic feel for me. Why not KI3 and MK vs KI though?

Tim Static

Adminerator
I would prefer MK10 and KI3 with release of KI1 on XBL/PSN for online play. BUT... I don't want to see MK10 for another year or more at least. MK9 is still new and people are still finding things that change matchups and the metagame. I am in no hurry to move on.
Well put, Kelly. I couldnt agree more. I just wanted to bring this up after what Storms and I were sorta discussing this morning. No rush on the MK side, but with that being said, i want MK10 before MKvKI and with that, KI3 first too.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
UMK9 would be awesome. MK10 would be great in 2013. MK vs KI would be good, but if the engine is MK9's - please no input bug.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
I don't want a Vs. game of ANY kind. lol

We've reached a point where new fighters are beginning to include characters from other fighters created by different DEVELOPERS. (SFxT, DOA 5, etc.)

Or even characters that just don't belong. (Freddy)

It almost reminds me of the state that Hollywood is in, right now....
freddy fits in perfectly. Plus it is DLC. Its not like he is going to be in EVERY game.