What's new

Mortal Kombat Vita Features Hidden Balance Changes

Delriach

Sindelly
Mortal Kombat Vita includes a few balance changes for certain characters. Smoke's ex bomb reset has been removed from the game. Jax had his damage reduced as well. His overhead smash corner loop went from 28% to 15%. His 100% combo with 2 bars dropped to 72% on Vita. It was rumored that Cyrax was fixed as well but I haven't noticed any differences. In fact, I'm pretty sure I got hit by the reset twice online.

Also, Sindel got hit with a really bad damage scaling nerf off her back 1.
mkvita.jpg

This is the second time this specific nerf has happened to her. It sucks doing a mixup that only leads to 8% damage, especially considering how execution heavy she can be if you're utilizing levitate cancels. The damage percentage is even less if you're doing it off a mixup (ex: after a 31 mixup or a f12 mixup attempt). I didn't show those since I wanted to keep things simple for everyone to understand. You guys know what's up though.

Here's what I tested with Jax:

Overhead smash, ex ground pound, 1,1,1,12~OHS
This does 15% dmg on Vita. It does 28% on console.

jip,b124,1,1,1,12~OHS, - EX GP, 1,1,1,12~OHS, - EX GP 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 ~ dash punch
This combo does 41% - 28% - 31% (100%) on console. It does 41%-15%-16% (72%) on Vita.

When I did a version test, this is what came up.

Vita: 0.280-152
PS3: 0.145S-235-4fd813a3

http://shoryuken.com/2012/05/01/mortal-kombat-vita-features-hidden-balance-changes/

B W1zZ

Noob
Wow that's ridiculous. I can't see that being an intentional nerf though, maybe they just screwed up with the vita version.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I had my sound off and thought the first part was after the nerf because the damage was so low.

Then I saw the second half of the video and I laughed. 6 hits, 7%? I think I could do 6 d1s and do more damage. 9% xray? LOL

Delriach

Sindelly
I do want to say that the Vita version of MK is definitely worth buying. Just don't use Sindel, lmao. It plays quite well. Lots of content. <3

Delriach

Sindelly
Wow that's ridiculous. I can't see that being an intentional nerf though, maybe they just screwed up with the vita version.
I'm assuming that they made some sort of change and she got nerfed indirectly because of it. That's why I think there are other hidden changes in the Vita version, but I can't exactly confirm. I just noticed the Sindel change yesterday. I wasn't using her since I was just doing the tower stuff. Smoke's ex bomb reset is gone though. Either that or it's a hell of a lot more difficult to do. I can do it on PS3 just fine. On pad and on hitbox. I never got it once on Vita after an hour of trying. Again, maybe I just suck.

Jax's loop is still in. Cyrax resets as far as I can tell are in. I don't know all the different variations though. *shrug*

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Damn, its hard to say that they "might" go back and fix this issue, as it seems like a mistake. I don't think they'd use their time patching the vita version. Someone fucked with the code somewhere in translation. 9% xray combo: EPIC!

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
This is what happens when you tax the top 1% of the Edenian upper-class.

Trolling aside, this better be fixed because that damage scaling is ridiculous. Let's hope this never happens if that rumored patch hits consoles.

NKZero

Noob
Delriach I think they based these nerfs off the destruction she caused in story mode. One hit kills? Of course they had to reduce her damage :p

Also have you had a chance to play with the newer costumes? Especially the Kenshi one that looks awesome!

Delriach

Sindelly
Delriach I think they based these nerfs off the destruction she caused in story mode. One hit kills? Of course they had to reduce her damage :p

Also have you had a chance to play with the newer costumes? Especially the Kenshi one that looks awesome!
Yeah, I rebeat the bonus challenge tower for like the 100th time just recently lol. I actually helped balance the tower with Medina4life. That Sindel nerf wasn't there before... Not sure when it snuck in. lmao.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Wow she got another nerf lolol wtf!! I think that's 4-5 nerfs now???? Lolol

She needs the armor buff not a fucking nerf.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk