What's new

Mortal Kombat: Old School Combo Video

dreemernj

Ambassador
Good job guys! Very cool vid.

But Shock, how long do you think it'll be before someone shows you this vid trying to win an argument that Ermac exists? lol

krsx

Noob
That was a sick video, very impressive.

At about 2:20 Kano vs Scorp I actually choked on my tea!:-D Such cool combos, stuff that you can't even imagine possible in such a limited game.

Using the commercial (and editing it!) for the intro was a good move too, I liked it a lot, brings back memories of seeing it on tv in 1993 (which in part inspired me to go an get my Amiga MK1)

Just a couple of things I thought were missing that I'd have liked to have seen were:
-corner combo for Raiden: Deep JK, Uppercut, Jump punch, Hp, teleport cancel, Hp, torpedo. I think it was mentioned in a thread a long time ago, it's a good one, unless I missed it. (I think there was a similar inf Rev 3 version in there)
- Reptile! Ok, Ermac was kinda Reptile, but still. Some combos woulda been nice, even CPU ones.
- Shang Tsung 4 fireball combo. He shoots 'em off right at the start of a round sometimes, I think it takes like 80-90% of your lifebar.
- The character select screen music!

But I'm being nitpicky, great job!

ded

Elder God
that raiden combo is in the vid but with lightening instead torpedo:

JK, Uppercut, JP, aaHP, Teleport, aaHP, Lightening

Fucking awesome vid guys! Very good idea with the intro, music is perfect as always. That Raiden combo ded_ mentioned is really something mind-blowing. Props to all who are involved in the vid!

EDIT-

Ok saw it. Great Job ded_ and Co. Great job guys. The 100%s and the Revision 3 Combos were Brilliant.

Hmmm So Going back to Ermac in Mk 1.... 8)

krsx

Noob
ded_ said:
that raiden combo is in the vid but with lightening instead torpedo:

JK, Uppercut, JP, aaHP, Teleport, aaHP, Lightening
My mistake, I thought I might have missed it, too much stuff my brain couldn't cope!

Scheisse said:
NO offense to you KRSX., but maybe you should make another if you found some left out combos that you would enjoy seeing.
Actually, I have a mini MK1 vid I sent to Shock a long time ago when the first mentions of a Mortal Kombat combo vid were surfacing. It was merely for idea purposes, but when things stalled I thought about showing it. Shock suggested holding off from putting it out, so as to not degenerate from the comprehensive video that would (one day) be released. Well, now it has been released, I shall upload mine to youtube. It's nothing special, and not a patch on this one, but worth showcasing all the same since I have it. I have a tendency to make this mini vids and not release them, dave101 can tell you about MK3!

MKK hanzo

Ded_, awesome work man, your combos are always sick as you, the biggest marico ever! :D .

Marvelous editing by Shock also who always has fresh ideas for intros and stuff in UMK vids.

Also a side note on the final comment on the vid "The 2D anthology has been completed". I think that now ALL mks have been done on vids, 2d and 3d.

Only left are console especific stuff and portables but I think that no one consider them worth the time/effort waste for a project... Oh and MK4 arcade is still missing. I was thinking on doing something for it with Ded_ and whoever wishes to help. Since there isnt emulation for MK4 arcade and the home ports have some damage and gravity differences, I was wondering how to capture a clean signal directly from the arcade output.

My MK4 arcade PCB has an VGA like output...but... Its for video output or for linking two cabinets? if anyone can help here I will be very happy.

And is a good thing also that the "final" (for now) vid is this one. MK 1 started it all for us MK fans and I almost dropped a tear when I saw that commercial again after 20 years or so.... I was i USA when I saw that commercial and got very hyped and when returned to venezuela I told all the guys here about it... LOL so good times then....

ded

Elder God
Hanzo there are MKGold vol1 and vol2 vids and remember that we will release some day the shinnok vid ;]

MKK hanzo

Ded_ cabron MSN now!

LOL yeah I know but those are from MKG... I wish I could capture from the arcade ..... :cry:

one more time ded_ did it, you´re a big puta that´s why you´re the best on it xD...
Nice stuff, (great glitches^^) some shit that i´ll never imagine, i like to know that this game have those kombo ^^ thanks for share ir ded_ keep it up! and... please work on mk4 with hanzo im sure that something good will be release it!!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I made a very minor fix, originally for the Ermac part I wanted a specific sound effect which was the bell, and "he's here", which I did use but it's split in the middle were it says "are you scared?", tonight by chance I found the full clip and I put it in the wmv and avi copies, I will not change the youtube version. Anyone who is dedicated and wants the FX fixed copy, please download again!

ded

Elder God
DAVE101 said:
How did you do that?
do what?

rzp said:
please work on mk4 with hanzo im sure that something good will be release it!!
of course i will work with the marico on shinnok vid. i've planned 4 mk4/g videos (mkg vol.1, vol.2, shinnok, and n64 pause combos) - two of them are done, i dont know when selpex will be ready with the combos i gave him, and the shinnok vid could start soon too.

Shock said:
Anyone who is dedicated and wants the FX fixed copy, please download again!
the "are you scared?" part is the only thing that is changed right? because i'm at work right now and i dont have sound lol

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah instead of bell toll-he's here it's now bell toll..."are you scared?" "He's here..." with an echo. Sounds a lot better.

Putded_ you´re finally working? hahah that´s good man:) good luck on it^^.
shock: you fix some parts right? and the old link was deleted and upload it again with fixes?... so i have a old video xD good now i have two versions haha...
putded_ please work on it ^^ if anybody know a emulator that can record a kombo like mame do please let me know^^ ( a emulator for mk4) just to help in something with your video puta xD

ded

Elder God
there is no emulator for mk4 for arcade. i will say it again anyway: its true that some combos dont work in mk4 arcade but mkg vols enough covered the possibilites for arcade, i dont see the point to release mk4 combo vids because already there are released 2 mkg vols, and one is in wip.

all that hanzo have to do is fix his recorder and tell me when he want to start working on shinnok vid, i have already an intro idea and about 20 combos.

as for mk1 combo vid that sound makes the ermac part a lot better, the "are you scared" voice sounds excactly on egm ermac photo, whish they could watch it LOL

Hi guys what's up cool video ded! I was wondering I have the cheat file to and I have the color changes as well for scorpion and I was wondering how did you get scorpion to do both subzero & Scorpions moves! I've tried figuring it out myself I've been trying to figure this out for quite sometime now and I to was going to do a video like that to with actually the colors of noob saibot but I couldn't figure out how to get scorpion to do both his moves and sub-zeros moves! Please could you post the cheat for it what you did or PM, but it's up to you though I would really appreciate it ded! Thanks

P.S Cool forums guys!!

megatron187

dreemernj

Ambassador
I believe he used the codes to make ermac into scorpion and sub zero and manually switched back and forth between them.