What's new

Mortal Kombat New Jersey #4 09-21-2019 (West Orange, NJ)

This event isn’t just a tournament to us, we want to focus on the community aspects of the local fighting game scene. We want to enhance the user experience at our events, make them a little less about the tournament and a little more about growing the community, and making sure everyone has a good time, not just the one person who wins the tournament. We will be providing several set ups, tables and chairs, so all we need you to do is to bring your PS4 compatible controller. Don’t be afraid to reach out to me with questions or concerns, I want to do anything I can to get you to this local event, especially if it would be your first event and introduction to the community we love so dearly.

Cambria Hotel

12 Rooney Cir,

West Orange NJ 07052

The venue location is in a brand new hotel meeting room/ballroom with plenty of room, chairs, and an exclusive outdoor patio section. We will have a few vendors on site, but we're still in the process of finalizing that, so if you are interested, please reach out to me.

The Hotel has a very large parking lot, so parking will be no problem at all.

Date:

Saturday September 21st, 2019

TIME: 2:00 PM EST

• 12:00 PM – Doors Open for casuals, stream engagement, and fun.
  • 2:00 PM – Mortal Kombat 11 (On PS4) tournament Begins – Entry is included with your registration fee.
  • 9:00 PM - Event ends
RULES:

• All games will follow the national Pro Kompetition rules.
  • Double Elimination Bracket (TBD)
  • Loser may switch Character while winner needs to stay character and variation locked
  • Mortal Kombat 11 is random stage select. If you lose, you can choose to stay, or random select again.
  • BYOC - BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS.
Fees: Online Pre-Registration = $20
On-Site Registration = $30
(Of this, 10 dollars from every entrant will be contributed to the pot)

Spectators are free! We have plenty of room for them, and lots of chairs so your friends and family can come and cheer you on, and get to know the FGC

To Preregister, please go to:

https://smash.gg/mknj4

Please keep in mind that the hotel has a bar and restaurant on site, so if you come hungry, there is an option to grab a bite(or drink) in a comfortable location.

Prizes:

The pot will be paid out by the following percentages
70% will go to 1st place
20% will go to 2nd place
10% will go to 3rd place

STREAM:

Twitch.tv/dartharma

Stream will be provided by DarthArma with 2 mics for commentators and a few interviews set up with specific notable players and stream interaction. So even if you aren’t close enough to attend, please be sure to tune in!

Also please be sure to join our new Facebook group that focuses on connecting all the local NJ and NYC Mortal Kombat players, while updating everyone about our future events leading to and through and the Mortal Kombat 11 Season!

https://www.facebook.com/MortalKombatNewJersey/

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to send a Direct Message to my account here on test your might, or my Twitter DM that can be found here