What's new

'Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge' animated movie announced

From the article:

"A new group of Kombatants are assembling. Warner Bros. Animation is plotting an animated movie based on the fighting video game Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge. Community alum Joel McHale will voice Johnny Cage, while Dexter's Jennifer Carpenter will voice star as Sonya Blade in Scorpion’s Revenge, which will debut in the first half of this year.

Scorpion’s Revenge is directed by Ethan Spaulding (Batman: Assault on Arkham, Justice League: Throne of Atlantis) from a script by Jeremy Adams (Supernatural, Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans) based on the video game by Ed Boon and John Tobias.

The voice cast also includes Jordan Rodrigues as Lui Kang; Patrick Seitz as Scorpion and Hanzo Hasashi; Steve Blum as Sub-Zero; Artt Butler as Shang Tsung; Darin De Paul as Quan Chi; Robin Atkin Downes as Kano; David B. Mitchell as Raiden; Ike Amadi as Jax Briggs; Kevin Michael Richardson as Goro; Grey Griffin as Kitana and Satoshi Hasashi; and Fred Tatasciore as Demon Torturer.

Rick Morales (Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders, Batman vs. Two-Face) is producer and Jim Krieg (Batman: Gotham by Gaslight) is co-producer. The executive producer is Sam Register. NetherRealms' Ed Boon is creative consultant.

Here's the first logo for the animated movie:"

'Scorpion's Revenge' will debut in the first half of 2020!

Last edited:

Comments

Personally I think the name and logo are super cheesy but the fact they got some of the video game voice actors/actresses back is pretty cool. Hopefully it's decent.

Also, a more readable cast list:
  • Joel McHale as Johnny Cage
  • Jennifer Carpenter as Sonya Blade
  • Jordan Rodrigues as Liu Kang
  • Patrick Seitz as Scorpion
  • Steve Blum as Sub-Zero
  • Artt Butler as Shang Tsung
  • Darin De Paul as Quan Chi
  • Robin Atkin Downes as Kano
  • David B. Mitchell as Raiden
  • Ike Amadi as Jax Briggs
  • Kevin Michael Richardson as Goro
  • Grey Griffin as Kitana & Satoshi Hasashi
  • Fred Tatasciore as Demon Torturer (maybe just a side character?)

Nice been saying the past year I think WB should make an animated MK movie with all the successful DC ones, surprised they waited this long to be honest. I wonder if it'll be canon or not.

I know some of the VA's but not all of the names, I'm sure they'll do well. Would be sick if they did a series out of this with each episode being an origin story of every character, oh and WB I'm pretty sure i'd make a badass Ermac voice I mean I really sound a lot like him or them I should say lol!! So if you guys want I'd gladly audition, just saying!

Anyway I look forward to this, sounds awesome can't wait for a trailer!

Sweet, DC has started taking their animation more seriously in the past couple years with the streaming service so this could be legit. The animation might not pop off but it should be solid, if it's popular we could see bigger and better MK animation. And maybe it's just awesome who knows

Honestly this franchise is low hanging fruit for adaptations, they just need to go ham with it. Cut some heads off

I love the cast list, not only for some good names, but just look at all of those characters. Lets go

Fuck that live action shit, this sounds awesome!
I've always said live action can't work for MK. Not the official moves, the Legacy series, fan shots, all of it looks goofy. Mortal Kombat costumes in real life look like Power Rangers characters. Every time. Closest we got to something decent was Rebirth, and everyone hated that because nobody was wearing pajamas and oversized hockey masks.

Looking at the cast and series name, this looks like MK1 (Jax, Kitana and Quan Chi were around on the MK9 version of MK1) focusing on Scorpion being manipulated by Quan Chi to kill Bi Han.

Looking at the cast and series name, this looks like MK1 (Jax, Kitana and Quan Chi were around on the MK9 version of MK1) focusing on Scorpion being manipulated by Quan Chi to kill Bi Han.
They are also using the mk9 logo....I think you are right.

I still think MK is better suited for a netflix series, each episode focusing on a different character kind of like the games. Also gives characters that aren't Scorpion, Liu Kang, Raiden, and Cage a chance. Even though they're very very popular, Sub-Zero, Sonya, Lao, and Kitana always play as secondary characters.

Exciting news! Does anybody know if this is the surprise that Ed Boon mentioned was coming for MK this year because I thought he was talking about the games? Also, do WB animated movies go straight to Blu-ray or what? Thanks

I've always said live action can't work for MK. Not the official moves, the Legacy series, fan shots, all of it looks goofy. Mortal Kombat costumes in real life look like Power Rangers characters. Every time. Closest we got to something decent was Rebirth, and everyone hated that because nobody was wearing pajamas and oversized hockey masks.
The 90s outfits I can see some power ranger goofiness with the brighter colors but definitely Italy not mk 9 onward, most of the outfits have lots of black leather attire or belt straps for alot of characters. I liked sub and scorp in mk legacy they looked gritty and dirty.

Power rangers have always looked a bit silly with bright colors and action figure face helmets that look like a childs bike outfit or something.

Exciting news! Does anybody know if this is the surprise that Ed Boon mentioned was coming for MK this year because I thought he was talking about the games? Also, do WB animated movies go straight to Blu-ray or what? Thanks
It was prob one of his surprises but I doubt it as that was about mk 11.

For your other question yes typically WB animated movies from dc go straight to digital then dvd bluray so I dont see mk scorps revenge being any different.

The 90s outfits I can see some power ranger goofiness with the brighter colors but definitely Italy not mk 9 onward, most of the outfits have lots of black leather attire or belt straps for alot of characters. I liked sub and scorp in mk legacy they looked gritty and dirty.

Power rangers have always looked a bit silly with bright colors and action figure face helmets that look like a childs bike outfit or something.

It doesn't matter how good the costumes look ingame or in concept. This shit looks goofy irl. Big ass masks that jiggle when they fight