What's new

Mortal Kombat Johnny Cage actor casted....

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
So it's this dude. Thoughts? Not sure how I feel, I know a few Cage fans personally who wont be thrilled lol.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Odd choice to pick an Asian dude. I think it just seems weird because everybody else was on the money. It could be alright but it’s out of place with the rest of the cast so far.

Toruko61

Noob

lewis tan will be playing the original character cole turner/marino. guess a standin for jonny.

i can understand that as johny could be a target for pc culture.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
He looks Asian...which is fine since MK has a ton of Asian characters or characters intended do have Asian features but I don't think Johnny Cage is one of them lol

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Seems like a good casting.

He certainly has the charisma and cockiness of Johnny Cage. Think he could pull it off.

Kitana was never asian-esque and now she is. I know she was pretended to be asian in the past, but she never was. There is no reason for JC fans hate on it.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Didn't really watch the video but that smells like major clickbait to me. Is there any concrete evidence presented?
To be really honest I think it would be a pretty big mistake to cast an asian JC. Especially since like 99% of the rest of the roster has been cast pretty damn well so far.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Didn't really watch the video but that smells like major clickbait to me. Is there any concrete evidence presented?
To be really honest I think it would be a pretty big mistake to cast an asian JC. Especially since like 99% of the rest of the roster has been cast pretty damn well so far.
Shes been right so far, I dont think its click bait. But i do agree with most, I dont get the choice but then every movie franchise now has to have those one or two PC castings. Its dumb, but true.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Let me get this straight guys. Someone writes a shitty 500 word article with the only source for "Lewis Tan Confirms he's playing Johnny Cage" being Lewis Tan's tweet where he said "heads will roll" because that's "obviously" a reference to a Johnny Fatality. #Journalism

After that, some shitty youtuber who turns off their comment section makes a ten minutes video(just long enough!) about said article. Then this video got posted here and now you guys are actually getting all mad about it? Really?