What's new

Mortal Kombat inspired fighting game "Dragon Fury"

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
I can't get over them adding billy bones as a skeleton, is it cuz of "bones"? XD

hope the "long john silver" dlc wont just be a big bouncing silver dick XD

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
At first I thought it was going to be another MUGEN game that has a massive cast of original characters (which are usually really well done, I love them to death) then I thought it was going to be like TerrorDome (which is probably the best independent MK inspired game on Steam) or The Deadliest Warrior XBLA games then I came to the exact same conclusion as @Kiss the Missile. I actually couldn’t finish the video as it got boring to me really fast.

Even though I didn’t finish the video, I can’t say it doesn’t have potential but there’s a lot things you’re going to have to do to make it a decent game that FGC folks would actually pay for. If you want my 2 cents, send me a DM.

I feel a lot of the problems wouldn’t have happened if you worked with some veteran fighting game players who know their craft. Working with someone like an @M2Dave or @REO who have great competitive resumes & a lifetime of experience in fighting games would take you a long way to have a decent competitive fighting game that everyone would enjoy & gladly pay for.

As it stands, I wouldn’t spend a cent to play it, I’m not saying this to be mean or purposely critical but as someone who’s played dozens of fighting games good & bad over the span of 20 years.

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
graphically its great gameplay wise was a Snooze Fest i couldnt finish the video because i was bored to tears! why didnt they show off special moves and combos? punching and jump kicks not gonna sell the game at all. oh well

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Way too many characters. Way too many weapons.

Why not focus on a smaller roster and give them actual unique moves? I wish you the best of luck but this is looking pretty rough so far.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
graphically its great gameplay wise was a Snooze Fest i couldnt finish the video because i was bored to tears! why didnt they show off special moves and combos? punching and jump kicks not gonna sell the game at all. oh well
Because this "game" is a scam. They've taken a bunch of pre-made game assets and tossed them all into a pre-made fighting engine. There's no creativity, no input, no effort. Like less than Mugen, because at least Mugen has unique characters and playstyles. This is literally just dozens of character skins slapped over the same stock fighting game animation set.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Because this "game" is a scam. They've taken a bunch of pre-made game assets and tossed them all into a pre-made fighting engine. There's no creativity, no input, no effort. Like less than Mugen, because at least Mugen has unique characters and playstyles. This is literally just dozens of character skins slapped over the same stock fighting game animation set.
I agree.

There’s original MUGEN characters that have so much depth that they could put mainstream AAA characters to shame. Completely original MUGEN games as simple as they seem can take a long time to complete & the same can be said Fighting Maker games like My Little Pony: Fighting Is Magic & Thems Fighting Herds.

I feel this is more of a developer took shortcuts because it’s an overly ambitious project like using characters & weapon assets along with the most basic of fighting animations (notice how the dagger fighting animations only used 1 hand when the dude had 2 daggers?). There’s way too much crap & not enough of actual substance especially for a 25 minute video for investors on Kickstarter, it’s way too early for early access.

Still this could very well be a scam but I hope it’s just an too ambitious casual that doesn’t understand how fighting games supposed to work.

Esenthel

Noob
Thanks for the comment, I've set the base price to be 25 USD (your local currency price might be different). I don't have plans to lower the price, but you can just wait for sale/discount :)
Thanks again! Have a nice day

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I'm still not understanding the purpose of a roster this size when everyone appears to have the same moves. The giant dude that looks like Korg and the huge Bull guy do the same acrobatic flippy kicks that the Sonya looking woman does.

It doesn't appear that characters even have special moves. I think asking anything more than $10 for the game in its current state is a bit much, and even that's pushing it.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
I see none of the key issues were fixed. On top of everything @John Grizzly has stated:

I'm still not understanding the purpose of a roster this size when everyone appears to have the same moves. The giant dude that looks like Korg and the huge Bull guy do the same acrobatic flippy kicks that the Sonya looking woman does.

It doesn't appear that characters even have special moves. I think asking anything more than $10 for the game in its current state is a bit much, and even that's pushing it.

Those are still one of the floatiest jumps I have ever seen in my life in the 20+ years of playing fighting games, fighting still looks jank & hitboxes (& hurtboxes) are still jank. When it comes to towers, character select should be before you see your opponents for said tower as it prevents counterpicking. Personally, I think the movement should be a tad faster if you plan not to have special moves.

I still agree with @Kiss the Missile:

Its just a big ass, asset store dump.
----------------------

Honestly, I can't see myself spending $35 on an Early Access for this when I can get Terrordrome: Reign Of The Legends on Early Access for under $20 that looks just as good but way more complete with completely fleshed out characters, fighting along with hiboxes & hurtboxes looking a lot less jank. Also the creator Marc Echave already made a successful Terrordrome game a decade ago that's F2P & great fun if you love old MK games.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Could you make a Mortal Kombat inspired fighting game, but use cereal box mascots?
Something you don't know about the Quaker oats man: He wasn't always a Quaker (takes off shirt showing tattoos of all confirmed kills from when he was in Nam )
Yea, him and Cap’n Crunch would probably be top tier.

Wouldn't be the most surprising this we've already had:
My Little Pony
Farm Animals
Famous Writers
Horror Movie Icons
Horror Book Icons
DC Superheros
Marvel Superheros
Clay Figurines
Rappers

Also so many other weird casts.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★

Esenthel

Noob
Hi and thanks everyone for your interest in my game.
First want to clarify - the price is not 35$, it was 24.99 USD, I've lowered it recently to 19.99 USD. I'm not sure I want to stay at this price, maybe I will go back to 24.99$, to be decided..
My game has support for MODS, please google "#DragonFuryMod" or "#EsenthelMod" for fan-made mods and let me know what you find, perhaps what you'd like to see, is already there. You have any requests? Please share, maybe modders will make something - as it is not that difficult - I've made detailed documentation how to make your own mods.
I'm hard at work to develop new functionalities, gameplay mechanics and new stages, but all of that needs money, if you'd like to see the game grow and get better please buy/support/share my game. I'm 1 solo indie dev working out of my personal savings, thanks.
Obviously everyone has different expectations, wants something different :) Well my goal with Dragon Fury is to make a game similar to MK/Tekken that is more simplified, and instead more fluid/dynamic/smooth fast and realistic - more like a real fight.
Thanks!