What's new

Mortal kombat II commercial behind the scenes

Art Lean

Noob
Seen that before, but thanks for sharing those again, my god those costumes are so good, the ninjas are incredible. Never understood how a short TV ad could come up with awesomely gritty, sinister and realistic takes on the costumes like those yet the multi-million dollar movies ended up so basic (and in MKA's case, looking so cheap and cartoony)?

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Seen that before, but thanks for sharing those again, my god those costumes are so good, the ninjas are incredible. Never understood how a short TV ad could come up with awesomely gritty, sinister and realistic takes on the costumes like those yet the multi-million dollar movies ended up so basic (and in MKA's case, looking so cheap and cartoony)?
Budget. A commercial is just a few minutes, while a movie is a far bigger project that costs a lot more money.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Honestly, this commercial looked better than Annihilation(with the cyborgs being the one exception I would say) in terms of the costumes. Everyone looked spot on from the game yet in a more grounded, yet dark, realistic vibe to it. Good memories, I have a playlist of just MK commercials. Some of them got banned like the Shaolin Monks one lol.