What's new

Mortal Kombat HD remix team form their own studio!

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
MK fans of a certain vintage will remember the mooted MKHD arcade collection, which was to be similar to the Arcade Collection available on PS3 and 360, but with updated graphics and additional features to go along with arcade perfect gameplay. It was repeatedly confirmed as on the horizon and at one stage Gamestop even accepted pre-orders for it. Unfortunately, this never came to be and the project was cancelled without much fanfare.

In development hell from 2012-2015, Ed Boon once noted on Twitter than some day the full story between the ill-fated project may come to light, along with posting this picture:

For some of us, this is one of the most beautiful images on the internet, and I don't just mean Sonya's abs.

But did you know that the official MKHD collection was not the only one of its type? A fan-made version, made with MUGEN, was mooted in 2011 and even had a not insignificant amount of work done on it.

Get over here, now in HD!

Baraka, seen here in the years before his primary contribution to MK games was getting BTFO by D'Vorah and guest characters

Unfortunately, the fan made collection never saw the light of day, meeting with the same fate as the official version. It did, however, bring together a group of really talented folks from amongst the MK community and those guys kept in touch over the years and now they've made a big announcement!

Led by Joe “Calactyte” Tresca, EyeballisticInteractive is the newest video game studio on the map, formed by Mortal Kombat fans who found each other through the community. Ain't that just the sweetest thing.
It also features perennial Warrior Shrine host and friend of TYM @JangoGM who leads the team in music and SFX production and, while he definitely isn't the sweetest thing, he's a damn talented musician, which bodes well! You can check out his channel, including numerous remixes of tunes from classic MK games here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MeisterTracks/feed

But for a teaser, two of his absolute best are:

Congratulations, you now have his MK2 remix stuck in your head for the rest of the day

No words yet on what their first project will be (it will, naturally, not be Mortal Kombat fan games but will be original games) but I'm excited to see what these guys get up to. They're all brimming with talent and enthusiasm, and it's pretty cool they found each other through the MK community.

Keep up with the new boys on the block here https://twitter.com/EyeballisticGMS

And, as always, check back to TYM for all the latest news on Mortal Kombat, Injustice, the community and everything NRS!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
NIce, I want to hear MK3/UMK3/MKT remix now, from that preview :D I also thought at first EB stood for Ed Boon interactive haha.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The UMK3 select theme and a bunch more on there on that same youtube channel. Boom!

https://www.youtube.com/user/MeisterTracks/videos

And thanks a ton @Charybdis for posting up this news! We're crazy excited to share more about our new game ASAP!
Thanks, I was checking out his vids and saw that too haha. That's awesome! You guys rock! If you ever need voice actors for grunts or Shao Kahn or Announcer's voice, I've done some work in the past would be more than happy to help you guys out.