What's new

Mortal Kombat Guest Character For Tekken 7 Season 3

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
I just wanted to point out but there's a 50% chance a MK character will arrive to Tekken 7 for Season 3. This is because both Ed and Harada have complemented each other. And in Tekken there's already Street Fighter and KOF characters, so adding a MK character fits the theme. And the Tekken community strongly feels there will be a Season 3 announcement rather than an extra Tekken title like Tekken Tag or Tekken Vs. SF.

If Tekken gets the opportunity to add a MK character who do you think they will add? Be aware MK does have a history in the 3D era so they can add anyone, copy and paste from the old games. I'm going to give a strong guess either Raiden or Scorpion would be added.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
of course Scorpion !! he is the poser marketing boy from NRS for MK franchise, and Ed Boon's eternal favourite, so, no doubt if a MK character make it into Tekken roster, would be Hanzo Hasashi himself ! :p

No way, Japan hates MK, why they would do that? Wasting slots for hateful MK char when they could add some forgotten og char (or more profitable guest).

Only crossover is possible is with KI and even that is doubtful, considering how violent MK became since Reboot. Finishers in modern MK are cringe inducing. Just look at recently released Nightwolf trailer, that's a good example.

No way, Japan hates MK, why they would do that? Wasting slots for hateful MK char when they could add some forgotten og char (or more profitable guest).

Only crossover is possible is with KI and even that is doubtful, considering how violent MK became since Reboot. Finishers in modern MK are cringe inducing. Just look at recently released Nightwolf trailer, that's a good example.
And Japan likes The Walking Dead? Lmao

Last edited:
Negan in Tekken 7 every time he gets hit he says suck, shit, what the shit, holy shit. LOL
You think Japan hates foul language or what? What kind of bamboo you are smoking?

I dunno what they were thinking with Negan. But i don't see them adding MK char there, doubt they gonna go that far. And where is proof that Boon and Harada "complimented" each other? (even if it's true it doesn't guarantee anything)

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
The Walking Dead is actually super popular in Japan. Negan was still a shocker, but people in Japan definitely knew who he was because the show is a hit over there.

Mortal Kombat literally doesn't exist in Japan though.

As much as I hate to say it, I don't think it'll happen. We could still wish though. It'd definitely get me back to playing some T7.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Don't think that would happen, if it did though, I would expect an "evil" character, probably Quan Chi since Shao Kahn and Shang are in MK11.

Or they could go with Rain as big middle finger.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
I'd accept anyone from the MK1-3 to be a guest character in Tekken, all but Raiden,Sub and Scorpion, at this point im sick of them. Shao Kahn would be perfect, but my wish would be Liu Kang, just to see the Bycicle kicks in motion in one of the most well animated fighting games of all time.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Scorpion seems like the obvious choice but you never know. Maybe they would go with somebody like Johnny Cage or Liu Kang? Both iconic guests who haven't already been guests like Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Raiden.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Shujinko.

Champion Of The Elder Gods.

I would pay actual money to see how a fight between Shujinko's T-1000 on AARP power-assimilating ass would fare in a fight against the Mishimas. Or Bryan. Or Kuma, for that matter.
Plus, IF you're going to add an MK character to Tekken, it may as well be a 3D Era character.

mk isnt violent enough, its only cringey cause of the humorous aspect- it needs to be darker and serious.
and mk is illegal in japan so those who get their hands on it are so hype, imagine playing an illegal game