What's new

MORTAL KOMBAT Co-Creator Ed Boon Wants An INJUSTICE Movie; Shares JUSTICE LEAGUE Snyder Cut Support

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
MORTAL KOMBAT Co-Creator Ed Boon Wants An INJUSTICE Movie; Shares JUSTICE LEAGUE Snyder Cut Support

The Injustice video games featured a dark spin on the DC Universe, and the the man who spearheaded them has talked about a possible movie and his support for Zack Snyder's Justice League Snyder Cut!

RubyGoldstone | 4/6/2020

During a recent series of Tweets, Mortal Kombat co-creator Ed Boon expressed a desire to see a movie adaptation of video game Injustice: Gods Among Us. Developed by his NetherRealm Studios, the game left a lasting impression on DC Comics fans for its dark and twisted take on the DC Universe, which saw Batman and Superman go to war with the fate of the Earth on the line.

That comes after The Joker sets off a nuclear bomb in Metropolis which kills Lois Lane and countless others. Out of his mind with grief and rage, the Man of Steel punches a hole through the Clown Prince of Crime's chest and establishes his rule over the planet.

Hinting that he would like to see the Injustice video games adapted into a movie one day, he also reflected on visiting the set of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice before sharing his support for the release of the Snyder Cut, Zack Snyder's fabled version of Justice League.

Batman v Superman's Knightmare scene seemed to be heavily inspired by the Injustice video games, and Snyder's planned Justice League: Part 2 was going to take place in a world where Superman had fallen under the spell of Darkseid and the Anti-Life Equation.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justice_league/mortal-kombat-co-creator-ed-boon-wants-an-injustice-movie-shares-justice-league-snyder-cut-support-a174369#gs.wn4cwm

mattteo

Noob
We are MK fans on a Mortal Kombat forum, this is like discussing what movies the Director of Rugrats wants by fans of Rugrats.

We don't care about Ed Boon's other passions.

He should tweet more MK related media. I have never seen him tweet that he wants Season 2 of "Mortal Kombat: Conquest", even though Jeff Meek said he would be on board.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
We are MK fans on a Mortal Kombat forum, this is like discussing what movies the Director of Rugrats wants by fans of Rugrats.

This is an NRS forum. Injustice is part of that. Whats the point of going into a thread just to say you don't care about the topic.

I'd be down with an Injustice movie. Couldn't be worse than JL

Lol at Ed Boon makin multiple tweets hyping up the Justice League Snyder cut without a single mention of that other thing that happens to be coming out, that’s kinda sorta related to Mr. Boon. (Starts with an M....)

im all for an Injustice movie directed by Snyder and I’m excited to see the Snyder cut, buuuuuuut something is for sure going on with Boon’s relationship to the mk film. Super weird

EDIT: and I just thought of this, but maybe Ed boon has some kinda Stan Lee type cameo and therefore some kinda non disclosure thing preventing him from talking bout the movie. Eh??

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main

He should tweet more MK related media. I have never seen him tweet that he wants Season 2 of "Mortal Kombat: Conquest", even though Jeff Meek said he would be on board.
He shares his apologies, he is in a big shame cos he was talking about one of his biggest dreams as a creator of the game called Injustice which is fallowed by millions, also he is somekind of WB worker but who cares? You are right bro. He is breathing for MK fans, this is his only reason of living.

i like my job as a musician i also like to play video games, if someone would say " hey i like your musician side but i don't care about your gamer side " i will probably be like " okey who gives a fuck.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Injustice has a good storyline, but no fucking way that should be adapted before Kingdom Come
Kingdom Come would benefit greatly from being adapted to a Streaming TV series (Netflix, Hulu, AMAZON) than a movie adaptation. Injustice's premise can be faithfully conveyed in a 90 min-2 hour movie. Kingdom Come is more episodic and needs time for story development IMO. I would welcome both movies and/ or either platforms.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Definitely don't want an Injustice movie.

I'd much rather they just let Zack finish his last two Justice League movies instead. He released his original plans for the last two movies and they sound like they could be quite entertaining.

Lol at Ed Boon makin multiple tweets hyping up the Justice League Snyder cut without a single mention of that other thing that happens to be coming out, that’s kinda sorta related to Mr. Boon. (Starts with an M....)

im all for an Injustice movie directed by Snyder and I’m excited to see the Snyder cut, buuuuuuut something is for sure going on with Boon’s relationship to the mk film. Super weird

EDIT: and I just thought of this, but maybe Ed boon has some kinda Stan Lee type cameo and therefore some kinda non disclosure thing preventing him from talking bout the movie. Eh??
i’m sure we all know why... lol. We will find out and confirm it ourselves soon