What's new

Mortal Kombat Battle for the Realms Discussion (Spoilers)

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
That was the worst dogshit I've ever seen out of Mortal Kombat. I absolutely hated it. Sektor and Cyrax swapping powers, the horrendous jokes, the "emotional" scenes, technical errors and nothing storyline. This honestly might have MK11 beat for worst Mortal Kombat story told.

I genuinely wish I didn't watch this

Immortal

Blind justice....
It's not that bad but i didn't like it either. Story was a weird mash of ideas, not really coherent at all. I know MK games story isn't exactly a masterpiece either but this was a downgrade even from that.

Animation quality is all over the place, there are some really nice parts and some like... done in 5s by a high school student. Actors did a good job with the voice over. This was also way too short so most characters didn't have time do develop and were killed of quickly which is always a dumb idea to begin with.

Honestly it's pretty much the same as the latest MK movie minus the fun Kano actor/script. People who love MK can watch it, everybody else should just avoid it.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
People who love MK can watch it,.
I feel like people who love MK should avoid it. They do so much annoying shit. Like already mentioned cyborgs getting their powers mixed up, then you have Li Mei showing up just to have no lines and die in 11 seconds, the One Being getting taken out by physical violence. The actual manifestation of reality itself, and Scorpion's spear fucking cripples it?

It felt lazy imo. There's a scene where Jax is shooting at monsters, and the Oni disappear, but their shields are still floating there, then the oni pop back up in the next scene. Its a fucking mess. Liu Kang becomes a god in MK11 and its one of the best designs in MK history, Liu Kang becomes a god in this movie and they invoke Infrared Scorpion by just making his entire body/clothes nuclear yellow.

Fuck this movie

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
I feel like people who love MK should avoid it. They do so much annoying shit. Like already mentioned cyborgs getting their powers mixed up, then you have Li Mei showing up just to have no lines and die in 11 seconds, the One Being getting taken out by physical violence. The actual manifestation of reality itself, and Scorpion's spear fucking cripples it?

It felt lazy imo. There's a scene where Jax is shooting at monsters, and the Oni disappear, but their shields are still floating there, then the oni pop back up in the next scene. Its a fucking mess. Liu Kang becomes a god in MK11 and its one of the best designs in MK history, Liu Kang becomes a god in this movie and they invoke Infrared Scorpion by just making his entire body/clothes nuclear yellow.

Fuck this movie
I get your issues with the movie, but I just disagree.

Regarding Liu Kang's god form though, people keep comparing it to Fire God Liu, and some people (in error) say that is what that was. But Liu wasn't turned into a god at that point, he was just the avatar for the EGs power. He was still himself, just more.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
The actual manifestation of reality itself, and Scorpion's spear fucking cripples it?
If I recall correctly, doesn't he also say, "Get over here!" during that part even though he's using his spear as a projectile and not actually pulling anything or anyone towards himself. Reminds me of that, "Say the line!" quote from The Simpsons. Also, right after he shatters the forehead gem, it just appears good-as-new in the next scene as if nothing happened. Unless, I missed something of course.

And, once again, Liu Kang gets wrecked by his final adversary and needs Scorpion to swoop on in and bail him out. Ed Boon would be pleased.

Art Lean

Noob
Thought it was ok.For me It told such a weird messy story of MK2 mixed with MK3, MK4 and the 3D era, with an MK9 aesthetic (visually thats a nice mix, but left me feeling like "what story are you trying tell, what entries are you trying to capture?"). Just felt it was too much all mashed together. Often seemed like an ultra violent reboot of Annihilation.

Didn't mind it and was glad it changed the focus away from Scorpion, but can't pretend I loved it in any way. Was a 5 or maybe 6 out of 10 for me?

Art Lean

Noob
Hadn't listened to Realm Kast's review of it before I posted my own (very brief) review, but they seem to have shared my exact same sentiments just in a lot more detail:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I definitely wasn't about to pay for it, I watched all of the SZ action scenes on youtube and I thought that was pretty cool.

I'm not a MK lore expert, but If Shoa Kahn is sending troops to attack the Wu Shi Academy, and supposedly sending tarkatans to kill baby Liu Kang...isn't he already breaking the rules of Mortal Kombat? Why are the Elder Gods allowing this?