What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Trilogy Edition Mod Discussion (CURRENTLY ON VERSION 2.50)

Would you want classic/legacy music to play by default instead of the modern music?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
I feel like Smokes f4 is worthless now, and I like the animation, so please buff it for use in footsies :p
Also if you could make Kitana's square wave and EX version recovery on block slower (currently ~-5 according to somberness) that would be great, like maybe -7 so you have a just frame d1 anti-air punish.

Pygmy_Potato

BF4+FF+BLK
That said, a lot of the buffs to the lower-tiers look very promising.

It'd be great if Sektor could have armor on Enhanced Flamethrower, but I understand that's not currently possible.

One of his other key issues if I recall correctly is that his D1 was oddly -7 on hit similar to Scorpion's D3. Would it be possible to adjust that if you continue to make changes?

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I actually didn't notice the Kabal change when we were discussing the changes. :eek:

OOPS!

@NSR We might have to reduce blockstun on certain normals or something in order to keep the NDCs. As much as they're hated, that was an aspect Kabal players loved and a lot of his normals actually are designed around it.

Also, is there a way to make the moves that got turned into mids just mids and not overheads? Cuz rewatching the video, even choke is an overhead now lol.

huh

Noob
I actually didn't notice the Kabal change when we were discussing the changes. :eek:

OOPS!

@NSR We might have to reduce blockstun on certain normals or something in order to keep the NDCs. As much as they're hated, that was an aspect Kabal players loved and a lot of his normals actually are designed around it.

Also, is there a way to make the moves that got turned into mids just mids and not overheads? Cuz rewatching the video, even choke is an overhead now lol.
@NSR

This.

OR, reduce the cancel advantage on block of some normals, so when Kabal cancel a normal into nomad dash he is in less advantage and people could be able to poke out/jump out. I would do that to his mids, and to his faster normals, leaving him in advantage only when using limited normals, reducing some of his options in the NDC pressure.

This way, he can still have a cancel pressure, but it would be similar to Skarlet's, Rains's, Kratos', etc... that are escapable.

I would also keep the armor in the EX Nomad Dash...

-------------

Regarding Cyrax, so, is his reset gone?

Regarding Reptile, you should fix the bug when a forceball does not do damage when a character teleports. The issue is: when the forceball is out, and a character teleports, the forceball becomes inactive. It is still on screen, but the opponent can touch it, walk through it, be touched by it as nothing was there. The forcaball should be able to keep being active while on screen, regardless...

I'm Kratos main, and welcome the enhanced pokes. That was what kratos was lacking on some MU's. How fast is d3? If Kratos d3 are now able to poke out of a blocked Jax's low f414 - d1 pressure in the corner, and poke liu kang's staggering b312, it would be great.

Last edited:

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Awesome changes.

I would have nerfed Kabal different, like make his aieral gas blast more recovery on whiff, overhead hookswords more punishable on block, and low buzzsaw more punishable on block. Those would have been the perfect nerfs for Kabal.

The nomad dash cancels are what made Kabal fun, without those there is really no point in using him.

All your other changes to the other characters were awesome tho

huh

Noob
I've just seen the video. Maybe Quan Chi's Trance recovery on block is too fast now? It seems hardly punishable, and it is a capturing special. IMO, all capturing specials should be punishable on block, from a dash distance... they are too powerful since lead easily to full combos..

Maybe give it the same recovery as Ermac's lift or Cyrax's net?

This is from watching the video. Only had the impression that the trance recovery was very fast, almost unpunishable. Not sure if that is the case.

Last edited:

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
@NSR just to point you in the right direction:

• "High" in training mode means high or mid
  • "Medium" in training mode means overhead
  • "Low" in training mode means low, except in the case of Sheeva's low grab, where it actually means overhead
  • "Unblockable" in training mode means a move that must be avoided by jumping (or guaranteed damage as part of an animation)
  • "Throw" in training mode means a move that must be avoided either by crouching, jumping, or teching
In the TweakVars, there are 2 different float values that register as "High" by training mode – the one that's used by Johnny Cage's "attack3towards" or Kabal's "attack4towards" are the ones you want to use for MID hitting attacks.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
@BillStickers
Thanks man. I'll keep this in mind and correct some of the mistakes I made. In other words, all Mid attacks that are supposed to be Mid will now be Mid and not Overhead (Excluding cases like Skarlet's where it's intended to be overhead).
Though, Shouldn't Sub's 2 remain an overhead? Or is it too powerful to be kept in it's current state?
@BoromiRofGeo
Ermac's U4 can't be special cancelled, IIRC, there's no allow2in1 value.
@Konqrr
Sorry about killing Kabal man. Then again this is a WIP, and everything is subject to change.

Last edited:

NSR

Another thing, invincibility frames haven't been tampered with because they don't seem to be in the tweakvars (or anywhere, for that matter) so Kabal can still flash parry.
Secondly, cancel advantage, yeah, doesn't seem to be handled by the vars (no such variables exists in the tweakvars) but could be potentially handled by another file. Which file, and why/how? No clue.

NSR

That was requested in the Rainbown thread.
I used that thread, THTB's list of potential changes, and guidance from some users, like GGA Jeremiah (for Sheeva only, in his case) as a guideline as to what to do with the mod.
There's some stuff that's impossible because of how MK9 was coded. Giving Noob different recovery frame data for EX and non EX Slide, for example. He shares data for both in 1 variable.

NSR

BTW, Cyrax's resets are still present, but they shouldn't be as damaging as before. I couldn't find the EX Bomb damage values, otherwise, EX Bomb would have been nerfed as well.
D4 might have been overnerfed. I'll probably buff it up (but not to it's original state, pre TE patch) come next release..whenever that is.

NSR

BTW, a user tried to install this in the PSN version...no dice. Doesn't work apparently (if anybody wants to test it out on the PSN version, go right ahead)
The mod should work on the Komplete Edition, though. Has anybody been able to play this on their CFW PS3?
@Derptile
Forgot to mention, I was actually planning to buff the iceball startup. But the only variables I could find (which pretty much say iceball_speed) handle...the EX ones. Despite being labelled as non EX or just iceball.
I'll try to find the non EX ones, but I wasn't able to find it...yet.