Mortal Kombat 9 Trilogy Edition Mod Discussion (CURRENTLY ON VERSION 2.15)

Discussion in '[MK9] General Discussion' started by NSR, Jan 23, 2016.

?

Would you want classic/legacy music to play by default instead of the modern music?

Poll closed Jan 7, 2017.
  1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. NSR

NSR Also known as Futuretime23

As some of you know from a certain thread, I released a patch that rebalances the entire cast (all 32 characters, including DLC and Kratos) for Custom Firmware PS3s and PC.
    I'm making this thread to redirect any and all discussion of this mod here.
    Don't ask for a download link, you won't get any (legal concerns) and do not post a download link, or say, a picture or a video with the download link in it. It is strictly forbidden.
    Discussion of the mod (along with videos, pictures,etc) is allowed, so long as no sharing of the DL link or any forum that condones said activities is posted. Sorry guys, but rules are rules.
    Anyways, said mod is easy enough to find via either Google, or any search engine you want, or even Youtube (just search the title of the mod and that's it)
    Installation instructions are included in the file, as well as an overall list of changes.

Here are the changes anyway:
    Feedback is greatly appreciated.

ALL PATCHES ARE STANDALONE, you do not need to download and install previous versions: just install the latest one and that's it!

Current version: 2.15 (Released on 02/19/2018)

Misc. changes:
    - Mids and Overheads are now referred to as "Mid and "Overhead" in practice mode.
    - Characters will now perform their normal fatalities on Kratos.
    - Sub-Zero and Shang Tsung Costume 2 now have new intros that feature previously unused audio.
    - Sub-Zero Costume 2 intro duration fixed so it does not cut out early.
    - The title screen has been modified.
    - Info on the startup screen has been modified to credit those who helped with MK9 TE.
    - Default volume settings were changed to make music louder and the game SFX lower.
    - Classic music now plays by default (modern music now plays instead when activating the classic music codes) Klassic music text was altered to say Modern Music instead.
    - Desert and Bell Tower now play the Rooftop theme.
    - Noob and Sonya Blade's name now show up as Noob Saibot and Sonya like how it was in MKT.
    System Changes:
    - Air Breakers are now nerfed so that both players recover at neutral together.
    - Toasty Boost no longer gives a player full meter.
    - Input bug mostly fixed and cleaned up (present but rare)
    - A new optional WIP improved netcode mod is present, please refer to the HOWTOUSEMODIFIEDNETCODEV2.txt file for instructions as to how to install it.
    - A new arena was added: the Bio Viewer. This is for users who have lower powered PCs and to provide an arena that shouldn't have too much of a strain over the netcode performance.
    Character specific changes:

Baraka:
    Cyber Sub-Zero:
    Cyrax:
    Ermac:
    Freddy:
    Jade:
    Jax:
    Johnny Cage:
    Kabal:
    Kano:
    Kenshi:
    Kitana:
    Kratos (PS3 Exclusive):
    Kung Lao:
    Liu Kang:
    Mileena:
    Nightwolf:
    Noob Saibot:
    Quan Chi:
    Raiden:
    Rain:
    Reptile:
    Scorpion:
    Sektor:
    Shang Tsung:
    Sheeva:
    Sindel:
    Skarlet:
    Smoke:
    Sonya:
    Stryker:
    Sub-Zero:
    TAG MODE CHANGES:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    Konqrr, 3PiecesOfBread, JAP and 41 others like this.
  2. BillStickers

BillStickers Do not touch me again.

Thank you!

South, IROC, conqueror and 1 other person like this.
  3. NSR

You are welcome.

conqueror and just_2swift like this.
  4. PapaRegadetho

PapaRegadetho All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!

Love the changes for most of the characters, though I don't know why did Mileena get buffs? I thought she was perfect the way she was.

just_2swift likes this.
  5. NSR

She did need help in a couple of areas: several of her normals were rather slow, and the Neckbite definitely needed a damage buff.
    She's not bad, per se, but she definitely was lacking in a few areas, compared to other characters.
    BTW, has anybody been able to test this mod on a CFW PS3? I forgot to mention that the mod is intended to be used on the Komplete Edition (regardless of region)

6. BillStickers

BillStickers Do not touch me again.

@NSR are you only editing the TweakVars to make these changes? If so, a PC port might not be that difficult -- if I recall correctly, one would just need to convert the byte order on ints and floats from big endian to little endian.

7. Derptile

Derptile RIP Ex Smash

XBL:
    Derptile
    Getting rid of NDCs are way too much of a nerf.

Also for Cyber-Sub, you need to fix his pokes, preferably d3, and IMO his Ice ball should have faster start up.

8. ienjoywinning

ienjoywinning SHAZAM

Gonna download this and try it out soon , thanks.

9. Rampage254

Rampage254 Ayy Lmao
    Premium Supporter

dank af

10. Cage didn't need a buff, and also why is the recovery of the f33 increased??? It's completely pointless. Who uses just f33 ?? No good cage player even does that

If you want to buff him, give him f32 nut punch back. He'll basically be the exact same but it'll be fun to use.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  11. NSR

yes, 99% save for, say, inputs, are all tweakvars.
    @Derptile
    I wasn't planning to remove the NDCs, but I was forced when I couldn't figure out a way to delay when Kabal could cancel out of the ND. The only value present in the tweakvars points to an animation that only occurs when Kabal does nothing after cancelling, which you'll rarely get to see in gameplay, unless you deliberately aim for it.
    @Soul Bound X
    F33's recovery was only increased on block in order to reduce some of the pressure he could get off that string on block. It's compensated by making combos from 21F2 on hit easier. The fireball buff is only a very slight one (actual projectile isn't touched) just to make him slightly better at zoning. Compared to the two previous changes, this one is a small change, in my opinion.

12. I guess that's fine. People were already getting out of f33 though. We didn't have trouble getting combos off of 21f2 either. He's still gonna play exactly the same. Which is fine. I never thought he needed any big nerfs. Certainly didn't think he needed any buffs though. Cage players were pretty content with how he was. We just hated the kenshi mu. But the nerfs to kenshi ought to help cage out a little.

zerosebaz likes this.
  13. SaSSolino

SaSSolino What's even the point without hellsparks?

PSN:
    SaSSolino9
    Steam:
    SaSSolino
    thanks man, that's awsome!

conqueror likes this.
  14. RiBBz22

RiBBz22 TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
    Premium Supporter

PSN:
    RiBBz22
    Steam:
    RiBBz22
    Can you explain how Cyrax's changes affect his reset and overall damage. Wondering what a standard BNB without a reset will do versus one of the standard reset BNBs.

15. im waiting this very much on pc.
    can i ask why ermac's u4 is not special cancelable, because in previous thread you said it was. in eddy wang-s patch thread (old) it was also special cancelable, he kinda needs it.

also, one of the most important things should have been removing or neutralizing cyrax's resets. i remember in previous thread you addressed it, but i dont see changes to it here.
    i also want to ask why on earth would you buff sub zero's d4, because it already was godlike and his best tool. this makes no sense.

eexcaliburr, conqueror and VengeSim like this.
  16. Prinz

Prinz watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14

HOLY SHIT dude! I'm tearing up of joy. Jade is awesome now. If you could make the enhanced boomerangs jail on block would be great.
    Also Kenshi and Kabal have been severely castrated. I like it.
    Maybe make Quan's enhanced rune neutral on hit to remove the rune trap and slightly + on block to compensate.

17. Spooky Deadeye

Spooky Deadeye Project-6 β

Outstanding!

VengeSim likes this.
  18. stamatis

stamatis Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........

imagine a game where footsies exist.
    imagine a game that half screen mids do not exist.
    imagine a game that there are no safe launchers.
    imagine a game ........oh yes,MK9.

South, Shaka, Lo0py and 6 others like this.
  19. Prinz

Prinz watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14

Kano is a beast now as well. From the video on youtube, Kano's choke seems to be overhead, not mid. It's kinda ridiculous though.

zerosebaz likes this.
  20. RiBBz22

Premium Supporter

PSN:
    RiBBz22
    Steam:
    RiBBz22
    I hated Kabal, but when you look at those nerfs...this dude f'n HATED Kabal. Probably super low tier now.

Wemfs, TackyHaddock, Matix218 and 4 others like this.
  21. ienjoywinning

ienjoywinning SHAZAM

He said this :I wasn't planning to remove the NDCs, but I was forced when I couldn't figure out a way to delay when Kabal could cancel out of the ND. The only value present in the tweakvars points to an animation that only occurs when Kabal does nothing after cancelling, which you'll rarely get to see in gameplay, unless you deliberately aim forit.

22. SaSSolino

PSN:
    SaSSolino9
    Steam:
    SaSSolino
    let's not forget about the insta gas ball zoning.

23. RiBBz22

Premium Supporter

PSN:
    RiBBz22
    Steam:
    RiBBz22
    Yep, even easier to get around now. Without ND being much of a thread, plus no full screen armor and pressure after a standing reset.

24. SaSSolino

PSN:
    SaSSolino9
    Steam:
    SaSSolino
    I think he's still mid tier at the very least.

25. RiBBz22

Premium Supporter

PSN:
    RiBBz22
    Steam:
    RiBBz22
    def not, but it doesn't matter anyways

jackempty0 and Scott The Scot like this.