What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Trilogy Edition Mod Discussion (CURRENTLY ON VERSION 2.50)

Would you want classic/legacy music to play by default instead of the modern music?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
It says in the patch notes for Kitana:

F+2,1 last hit now has the same hit reaction as the second hit of 1,1 only for grounded opponents. *

However, this is not the case in-game, her f2,1 still has the old launching hit reaction (and thank god it does since the move has been made more negative on block and whiff). I hope it stays like that.
No, it's supposed to say F+2 not F+2, 1. that's a typo lol.

NSR

2.15 has been released for a while now, I'll be updating the patch notes shortly.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
So we just had a potential breakthrough in netplay. FT is working at the standard netplay, but on PC, it seems an app called Parsec, could be an alternative method of playing. What it is is a PC sharing app that sorta works like PS4's Play Share. You can join in on another person's game and play as if you're both on the same PC. There is a little latency on the guest's side, but from what xSmokex felt with his connection to me, it was miles better than the standard netplay. This could be what we need.

Here's a link to the app: https://support.parsecgaming.com/hc/en-us

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Doesn't that option comes with certain risks though?
Admittedly, I may be wrong on how it actually works...

P.S. Holy shit, the actual xSMoKEx.

NSR

Doesn't that option comes with certain risks though?
Admittedly, I may be wrong on how it actually works...

P.S. Holy shit, the actual xSMoKEx.
They updated Parsec to further limit the access to the user that joins in your stream. By default, they now only get to use their gamepad, and you can enable them to use the KB and mouse if you want.
So it's not as insecure as it used to be.

NSR

I updated the changelist in the main page but it keeps glitching up and adding spoiler tags. I delete them and it still keeps adding them lol.

@SaSSolino
do you have footage of this glitch?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I updated the changelist in the main page but it keeps glitching up and adding spoiler tags. I delete them and it still keeps adding them lol.

@SaSSolino
do you have footage of this glitch?
Not really, I thought I just missed it in the patch changes and went into the next match to find out it was actually a bug. My bad.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
@NSR Why did you nerf Kang's b312 and Rain's armor though?
?? cuz kangs B312 was that was broken with staggering spacing off some of his other strings .. it perfectly spaced out and crushed any poke attempts automatically.. and it's a low thats like 10 frames.. while he already has a staggering s2 which is the best s2 in the game

Rain's armor got nerfed like everyones.. you think it's fair to drain ppls meter and have a SUPER kabal parry?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
?? cuz kangs B312 was that was broken with staggering spacing off some of his other strings .. it perfectly spaced out and crushed any poke attempts automatically.. and it's a low thats like 10 frames.. while he already has a staggering s2 which is the best s2 in the game

Rain's armor got nerfed like everyones.. you think it's fair to drain ppls meter and have a SUPER kabal parry?
Kang's b312 was strong, but it was already nerfed in frames. Making the last hit a high feels like overkill to me.

And Rain could flash parry with his RK? I didn't know, but wasn't it possible to just reduce the armor duration?

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Kang's b312 was strong, but it was already nerfed in frames. Making the last hit a high feels like overkill to me.

And Rain could flash parry with his RK? I didn't know, but wasn't it possible to just reduce the armor duration?
why? like i said it spaces out for broken staggers while he already has a strong af mixup with his ex fbs off strings etc along with stagging his 3 other strings.. he doesnt need that many fast starting smoke 3d12 that are advancing normals that space and crush things automatically.. makes the char to braindead

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
why? like i said it spaces out for broken staggers while he already has a strong af mixup with his ex fbs off strings etc along with stagging his 3 other strings.. he doesnt need that many fast starting smoke 3d12 that are advancing normals that space and crush things automatically.. makes the char to braindead
I'm having trouble understanding as english isn't my native language and you don't use commas, but long story short, some character that were considered better than him got nerfed less (like Jax, Smoke or JC), and it seems weird.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
I'm having trouble understanding as English isn't my native language and you don't use commas, but long story short, some characters that were considered better than him got nerfed less (like Jax, Smoke or JC), and it seems weird.
I'm not trying to make a long, description of every situation that leads to it being toned down. Just took time out and gave basic examples, of why it was problematic. I was just trying, to be nice and give you an answer. Smoke got no buffs so I don't know what you mean, for the most part, lol. JC got hellaaaaa nerfed, with his MAIN and only mix-up string that he uses. Liu still has about 3-4 other ones to mix with lmao. Jax low got nerfed as well...

Last edited:

NSR

no, B312 wasn't nerfed in frames. we thought it was but it turns out the variable was bugged. It's still neutral on block, so we ended up turning it into a high because of the BS coding. Same shit happened with Quan's B21 on block.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !

Also the main thing was trying to get rid of all the unnecessary broken armor.. I thought you played rain?? You don't know how to flash parry on him?

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
no, B312 wasn't nerfed in frames. we thought it was but it turns out the variable was bugged. It's still neutral on block, so we ended up turning it into a high because of the BS coding. Same shit happened with Quan's B21 on block.
oh yeah, sorry i forgot that's why we just said fuckit high is fine so they can't braindead machine gun it. so that's not even that bad tbh compared to Johnny or Jax's low iirc

Reactions: NSR

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Also the main thing was trying to get rid of all the unnecessary broken armor.. I thought you played rain?? You don't know how to flash parry on him?
I never really played seriously in MK9.

I'm not trying to make a long, description of every situation that lead to it being toned down. Just took time out and gave basic examples, of why, it was problematic. I was just trying, to be nice and give you an answer fast. Smoke got no buffs so i don't know what you mean, for the most part lol. JC got hellaaaaa nerfed, with his MAIN, and only mixup string, that he uses. Liu still has about 3-4 other ones to mix with lmao. Jax low got nerfed as well...
Are you trolling or just bad at commas?