What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Trilogy Edition Mod Discussion (CURRENTLY ON VERSION 2.50)

Would you want classic/legacy music to play by default instead of the modern music?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Kitana is absolutely fine... You wont even notice a difference.. the only change is her Rediculous Unbreakable damage she had.. She still does 44 % meterless bnbs

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
Well, IDK if she'll really keep her current bnbs doing 44% (there's a reason we are undergoing heavy testing atm) but I'm pretty sure of the following: It will definitely be less dmg than unmodded MK9, but more than 1.85.

Whitefox

Noob
Not sure what changed but kung laos more difficult mid screen combo now does the same damage or only 1% more over his simplier midscreen BNB. The combo I refer to is this

Tele 3(JumpIpunch) 2 1 , spin, jk dive kick, dive kick, 2 1 1+3(2)....VS
tele 3(JiP) 2 1 , spin, jk dive kick, 1, 1, 2 1 1+3(2)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Kitana b2 is still 9% and I'm getting some repeating voices (round round 1 1, etc).

Some glitchiness with Freddy gloves where my friend did ex ground gloves (whatever they are called) and we followed them until they disappeared then we could again see them later in the match for a second.

So far, so good. I'm really liking this!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Glad you guys didn't remove Skarlet blockstring, that's pretty much her design.

But armor of her best move has been reduced by triple what does that mean? i'm pretty sure it used to be around 29 frames out of animation of 27 frames, and you could extend with upslash to 37 and to 46 with a very super delayed downslash.

But if its altered how does it work now? what's the base of armor duration? can it be extended or not? Also, i see dash into u3, 4 it still not possible to fix.

@NSR

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
@NSR did you just switch Shang's ground skulls inputs?! Why do you want to murder my years of muscle memory though?

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
Kitana b2 is still 9% and I'm getting some repeating voices (round round 1 1, etc).

Some glitchiness with Freddy gloves where my friend did ex ground gloves (whatever they are called) and we followed them until they disappeared then we could again see them later in the match for a second.

So far, so good. I'm really liking this!
Kitana b2 is indeed 9 dmg now. It was nerfed. The round 1 glitch has nothing to do with my changes. That seems an issue on your end. Snd vo ui handles the announcer and i didnt edit that.

Eddy, it means skarlet has 13 frames of armor now.

Sasolino, it was done to make it consistent with up skull inputs.

Last edited:

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
First of all, I'd like to congratulate and thank everyone who worked on this mod. This is some super fun stuff, my favorite NRS game by far. I messed around a bit in the practice mode yesterday and didn't encounter any glitches so far.

I hope pro players will evetually give it a go and play this mod, would love to see some high level play.

I'm really curious how good Noob Saibot is now, the slowing down of his ghost ball projectiles seems very interesting as in combination with the portal buffs, it might create some nice set-ups, I also really like the damage buff on his enhanced teleport. And this is something I like in general about this mod, buffing enhanced special moves like Sindel's hair whip too, which was practically useless before, now it actually gives a bar-worthy additional damage and making her hair whip a mid is also a very cool buff.

Obviously Jade seems super interesting now, would love to see what the best players could come up with in matches.

Overall, so many characters seem much more interesting now. As a Kitana main, I really can't complain, all her changes seem reasonable, she got some slight nerfs, but also finally got a viable wake-up attack.

On the first look (though I'm no pro, far from that), I'm just a little worried that maybe Sonya got a bit overnerfed. Just taking away the armor on her enhanced kartwheel is huge, but there's now also 10 extra frames before she can cancel out of MS by (back)dashing AND her MS f+1 is now -1 on block instead of +1 AND Dive Kick got more recovery frames on block and whiff. I see that she got some other buffs to compensate (less recovery and more damage on arc kick, better backdash, extra dmg on enh. kartwheel etc.), but I just have a feeling like overall she got a bit overnerfed. Plus, in general, there's now less chip damage (something that she relies on a lot). Again, I repeat, I'm no pro, I'm a 'good casual player who watched tons of streams and enjoys playing this game', but I just wanted to share my opinion/concerns, hope you guys don't mind.

Anyway, I'm very excited to see some high level play, hopefully players will give it a go.

P.S., I had trouble starting the game, I followed the installation instructions in the ZIP file where it says 'DELETE THE Startup.xxx.meta file', but I kept getting the 'out of memory error' and only after I placed back the Startup.xxx file into the folder from where I initially deleted it from my game loaded and worked fine. Just sharing this if anyone else encounters a similar problem on PC.

Btw, does anyone know if it's possible to set-up the game so that it runs in windowed mode on PC? I've searched around the internet and most people say it's not possible (without some 3rd party software). I'd love to be able to play in windowed mode as it would make switching between the game and patch notes much easier. :)

Again, more than anything THANK YOU GUYS FOR THIS AWESOME MOD AND CONGRATS!