What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Trilogy Edition Mod Discussion (CURRENTLY ON VERSION 2.50)

Would you want classic/legacy music to play by default instead of the modern music?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
some of the stuff simply isn't possible due to MK9's coding. Tsung's 2nd hit? both hits share the same data for the block requirements. so if you make one unblockable, you make both unblockable. :(
Couldn't find any way disabling Cyrax's net after combo (keep in mind, I checked all the tweakvars in his case when I was trying to find the EX bomb damage values) or enabling Skeletal Boost during Trance for Quan Chi (there's probably something for him though, I wouldn't give up hope yet)
Kabal, making him unable to cancel EX Dash, not possible, there's only data for cancel, and it controls both versions
Anything and everything is possible. The values you have been changing thus far are the "tweak vars" which are the values that nrs put in so they can "patch" the game without an official patch. Every time you go online, it does a search for new values... IE: "Checking for Updates"

To change other things that you say aren't possible, you have to make changes to the actual core game engine code. Which is extremely difficult unless you know what you are looking at and looking for.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
Exactly. I should have clarified the start of my post, by saying that at least for now it isn't possible, until we can edit the game's engine more deeply, or the characters themselves more deeply. Such as being able to program in armor were they previously was none.
If the game's source code could be released, oh man, that would be awesome. But I guess we'll have to keep our fingers crossed, right?

it works in training but i need to test with someone in online.
omg ermac is so broken LOL safe 50/50 into vortex ahahahahahaha my dream came true)))))))) lel
also omg some of the changes once i tested them myself are even more broken that i originally thought when reading patch notes. i advise you to working on a new patch asap because with this kind of changes not many people would try it.

NSR

Don't recommend testing online, most likely will desync and crash, not to mention, get VAC banned on Steam.
There will be a new patch, rest assured, a lot of broken stuff will be fixed and more sensible buffs/nerfs will be applied.
btw, @BoromiRofGeo
tell me, what specific Ermac change makes him so broken? D3 change?

Don't recommend testing online, most likely will desync and crash, not to mention, get VAC banned on Steam.
There will be a new patch, rest assured, a lot of broken stuff will be fixed and more sensible buffs/nerfs will be applied.
btw, @BoromiRofGeo
tell me, what specific Ermac change makes him so broken? D3 change?
mk9 doesnt have steam anti cheat so no worries about being banned with vac or anything although games might desync... if people wont be able to play online then obviously there is little need for this patch. i understand that someone who has patch installed wont be able to play with someone who has just vanilla komplete edition 1.07, but what if both players have it installed?
please could you in patch and character notes specify what you changed exactly from what and to what?
about ermac, i will keep testing stuff with characters that i know and have knowledge. i started with ermac well duh because of reasons.
d3 in komplete edition is as follows:
Execution (start up) D+3 - 7
Block Advantage D+3 - -11
Hit Advantage D+3 - -2
Duration D+3 - 24
Cancel Advantage (block) D+3 - +2
etc

start up was good, you only needed to change block advantage to something like -6 or -7 and hit advantage to something like +3 or +4.
right now it spammable as machine gun.

i will continue with other characters.

NSR

If both players have it installed, it should work, since both players have the exact same files.
I wasn't able to test it myself, if you can confirm it does work online with another player with the same files, that would be pretty awesome.
I wasn't able to get the exact frame data, so the patch list is all you got. Sorry man.

oh my god nightwolf is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooooooood
even if you disregard all changes to him just "F3 now hits Low" makes him mkx jonny cage. 122(overhead) 1(overhead restand) or fake 1>> into f3 low
omg instant A+ or even s tier :D

NSR

well, I haven't played MKX JC (outside of mobile, haha) can you give me a brief run down on how MKX Cage is?
btw, have you tried Stryker, Sheeva and Kano?

well, I haven't played MKX JC (outside of mobile, haha) can you give me a brief run down on how MKX Cage is?
btw, have you tried Stryker, Sheeva and Kano?
well in mkx jc is pressure heavy character with many safe options (overhead, low, specials) that mostly lead to huge damage and corner carry. jc most dangerous tool is 113 where 3 is low, jc can play mindgames with enemy by stoping at 11 and throwing f2 which is overhead at the moment when enemy expects 3 (low) after 11. basically same can do now nightwolf.
unfortunately i have no playing knowledge of those 3 characters.
btw quans tran is broken. it should be reverted it what it originally was. that move should be punishable BY design. it is not intended to be safe.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I knew Nightwolf would be silly with that change lol. Can't wait to test it all tomorrow when my game has downloaded! :p

NSR

There's a very high chance Quan's trance will be reverted to it's previous state, don't worry.

Last edited:
D
Here's a file from early 2013 that had input from many players for certain characters regarding a "MK9 Dream Balance Patch": (KEEP IN MIND THIS STUFF IS FROM A LONG TIME AGO WHEN THE GAME WAS HOT)

GENERAL CHANGES (MUST HAPPEN AND ARE MOST IMPORTANT):

• Input bug and wonky precision drops are now completely smoothed out and fixed
  • Specific stages that lag and slow the game down with certain specials or variables in play are now neutralized
  • Random block advantage bug on certain frames for some attacks against the defender is now removed and blocking is 100% consistent at all times
  • Player 1 Advantage no longer exists and both players can now trade
  • Meter Drain bug when performing a move that requires super meter or an X-Ray is now completely fixed and no longer an issue
  • Air Breakers no longer give the player who broke massive frame advantage and free offense opportunity
  • The overall negative edge and excessive input storing is now slightly reduced across the board

CHARACTER SPECIFIC CHANGES:

1.) Kabal

- All Gas Blasts now do 4% damage
- Can no longer cancel EX Nomad Dash
- Saw Blade hitbox is no longer active while behind Kabal
- F+4 no longer restands an airborne opponent

2.) Kenshi

- EX Spirit Charge is now neutral on block.
- EX Rising Karma is now full combo punishable on block.
- EX Rising Karma now has reduced pushback on block.
- Normal Spirit Charge is now a high and can be ducked without crouch blocking

3.) Cyrax

- Command Grab hit advantage reduced so it no longer gives a safe jump on hit.
- Net can only be used once per combo.

4.) Sonya Blade

- EX Cartwheel is now full combo punishable on block.
- Dive kick has more recovery on block.
- Military Stance F+1 is now -1 on block.

5.) Johnny Cage

- F+3 is now always -2 on block.
- F+3,3,B+3 is now always -5 on block.
- Regular nut punch no longer gives a safe jump on hit.
- EX Straight Forceballs are now +1 on block.
- The second part of EX Flip Kick now only comes out on hit.

6.) Kung Lao

- Regular spin no longer has invincibility on wake-up.
- Teleport 3 can no longer link into normal attacks or combo strings when it is blocked.
- EX Teleport into delayed 1 no longer gives Kung Lao extra super armor frames.
- Teleport 2 now has an increased hitbox to prevent it from being low profiled easily.

7.) Freddy Krueger

- Both EX Teleports now have more recovery on whiff.
- All versions of ground Spikes now do 1% chip on block.
- EX Ground Spikes now has increased damage scaling.

8.) Smoke

- Being able to special cancel off of F+4 is now removed.
- Smoke Bomb is now -12 on block.

9.) Kitana

- F+2,1 launcher is now -5 on block.
- Increased damage scaling on ground fans and air fans.
- Cutter is now +15 on hit and no longer gives a safe jump.
- Pretty kick now gives a safe jump on hit.
- The second hit of EX Pretty Kick is now a mid.
- Double Ground fan is no longer auto blockable on hit from full screen.

10.) Skarlet

- EX Double Daggers cancel is now +15 on block to prevent 50% chip block string trap.
- Teleport now has a slightly improved hitbox to make it connect against an opponent more consistently.

11.) Shang Tsung

- Close Ground Skull is now neutral on block.
- Far Ground Skull is now +4 on block.
- The second hit of Soul Steal is now unblockable.
- Both hits of Soul Steal have now been reduced to inflicting 4% damage each.

12.) Liu Kang

- B+3,1,2 is now -3 on block.
- Dragon Stance+3 overhead now makes Liu Kang enter wake-up mode on whiff and block.
- Dragon Stance+2 is now neutral on block.

13.) Jax

- F+4,1,3 is now always -5 on block.
- F+4,1,4 is now neutral on block.
- The last hit of 2,F+2,B+1 now has less recovery on hit to allow juggles.
- EX Ground Pound no longer pops the opponent up after an OTG for a full juggle opportunity in the corner.

14.) Reptile

- Elbow dash has more recovery on block. (Same principle as the Sonya Dive Kick nerf)
- 3,2,B+4 now makes Reptile enter wake-up mode on whiff and block.

15.) Raiden

- EX Vicinity Blast is now a true mid like Johnny Cage’s F+3.
- EX Vicinity Blast is now advantage on block.

16.) Sektor

- The second hit of 1,2,B+1 is now extended so it never whiffs if the first hit connects on hit or block.
- F+2,B+1 string is now -6 on block.
- D+1 is now advantage on hit.
- EX Flame Thrower now has armor.

17.) Mileena

- EX Neckbite now has armor.
- Tele Kick input now changed to D,D+3+4 to prevent it from ever coming out by accident.

18.) Rain

- D+3 now has slightly better recovery on whiff and block.
- D+3 is now advantage on hit.
- Rain can now block during H2O Buff but damage bonus is slightly reduced.
- Water Bubble projectile now hits mid.

19.) Baraka

- U+4 now makes Baraka enter wake-up mode on whiff and block.
- U+4 now does 12% damage on hit.
- The last hit of B+3,1,F+1 is now +1 on block.
- The last hit of 1,2,2 is now an Overhead.
- EX Chop Chops now has armor.

20.) Ermac

- You can now special cancel off of U+4.
- EX Choke now has armor.

21.) Sub-Zero

- Standing 2 is now a true mid on every character like Johnny Cage’s F+3.
- F+4,1+2 string is now -6 on block.
- The beginning animation frames of Ice Puddle can now be cancelled by performing another special move before the hitbox becomes active.
- The beginning animation frames of EX Ice Puddle can now be cancelled by dashing forwards or backwards before the hitbox becomes active.

22.) Noob Saibot

- D+1 now has 6 frames of start up.
- All versions of portals stay out one second longer.
- EX Low Shadow Slide is now safe on block.
- EX Overhead Shadow is now safe on block and has more advantage on hit.
- EX Teleport now has armor.
- Ghost Ball now has significantly better recovery and is slightly faster on start up.
- Ghost Ball can no longer be reflected and is now immune to parry projectile type based attacks.
- X-Ray now has slightly longer duration of armor frames.

23.) Scorpion

- D+4 is now advantage on hit.
- 2,1+2 string is now -5 on block.
- F+2,1,4 string is now -2 on block and can now be cancelled into specials.
- Spear now has reduced recovery when blocked.

24.) Sindel

- Hair Whip is now a true mid like Johnny Cage’s F+3.
- EX Hair Whip now has armor.
- U+4 is now faster and has an improved hitbox.
- You can now cancel into air close and far air fireball when doing U+3.
- AIR EX Fireballs now hit overhead.
- EX Straight Fireball now has pushback on block.
- EX Low Fireball now has pushback on block.
- The last hit of 4,4,U+3 now comes out on whiff and block.
- The last hit of 2,1,2 can now be dash cancelled out of when the 2 is held down.
- Sindel can now enter Levitation mode when she’s at the peak of her jump.
- The recovery when air backdashing while in Levitate is now reduced.

25.) Quan Chi

- D+1 now has 6 frames of start up.
- All versions of Ground Burst now hit Low.
- All versions of Ground Burst are now -7 on block.
- EX Rune now does 3% on hit.
- Skeletal Boost can now be activated during Trance.
- The last hit of 2,1,U+3 string can now be special cancelled out of.

26.) Nightwolf

- F+2 now hits overhead.
- F+3 now hits low.
- 2,3,4 string is now +5 on block.
- The second hit of EX Hatchet Swipe is now an overhead and +5 on block.
- Lightning Strike now has slightly better recovery on whiff.

27.) Cyber Sub-Zero

- D+4 is now advantage on hit.
- Teleport now has some invincibility frames similar to Cyrax’s teleport.
- Ice Ball now hits mid.
- EX slide now has armor.
- Close dive kick has slightly less recovery frames. (similar to Kung Lao’s Dive Kick).
- All versions of ice bombs now have reduced recovery.
- Can now perform air close dive kick or air far dive kick during the second attack of B+3,2 string on block or whiff.
- F+1,4 now makes Cyber Sub-Zero enter wake up mode on whiff and block.
- X-Ray on block no longer causes Cyber Sub Zero to roll up in a ball punish animation, he now lands next to the opponent at +1.

28.) Jade

- EX Glow now starts up on the first possible frame so it cannot be stuffed.
- All versions of boomerangs now have improved recovery.
- The second hit of EX Up boomerang now hits overhead on the way down.
- U+3 now hits mid.
- The last hit of 1,2,2 is now -5 on block.
- The last hit of B+1,F+1 is now neutral on block.
- The last hit of B+1,F+1 now comes out on whiff.
- The second hit of 3,4 now comes out on whiff.
- 1,2 now combos into Overhead Staff Slam on hit.
- 2,3 now combos into Overhead Staff Slam on hit.

29.) Stryker

- Low Grenade Toss now has improved recovery.
- Low Grenade Toss now has pushback on block.
- High Grenade Toss now has improved recovery.
- High Grenade Toss now has pushback on block.
- EX Grenade Toss now has armor like Kenshi's EX Tele-Beatdown.
- The last hit of 2,3,2 can now be cancelled into specials.
- Baton Sweep is now -6 on block.
- X-Ray now hits Overhead to prevent whiffing issues on certain characters.

30.) Sheeva

- D+3 now has slightly increased cancel advantage.
- EX Teleport now has armor on the entire duration until she hits the ground.
- D,B+4 Ground Stomp can now be cancelled into other special attacks before the hitbox becomes active.
- EX D,B+4 Ground Stomp can now be cancelled by dashing forwards or backwards before the hitbox becomes active.
- EX D,B+4 now OTGs and goes through wake-up invincibility.
- The last hit of 1,B+2,F+1 is now +1 on block.
- F+4 is now -2 on block.
- Fireball hitbox slightly increased so it can no longer be low profiled by any character.
- F+2 is now much faster.
- EX Low Command grab now slightly moves Sheeva forward.
- The last hit of B+1,2,1+2 is now +1 on block.
- The last hit of 2,1,2,F+1 string can now longer be low profiled by any character.
- The last hit of the string 3,3 now restands an airborne opponent similar to Kabal’s F+4 animation.

31.) Kano

- Choke is now a mid.
- B+1,1,2 no longer has a gap between hits on block.
- B+1,2 now gives a safe jump on hit.
- B+2 is now slightly faster.
- F+4 is now faster.
- The second hit of EX Up Ball now has significantly reduced recovery on whiff during landing frames.
- Horizontal Kano Ball input now changed to B,F+3.
- EX Knife Toss is now +1 on block.
- X-Ray now has an increased hitbox so it can no longer be low profiled by any attack.

Hope you can implement some of these changes. MK9 really didn´t need that many drastic changes for characters as much as it did for the core system changes that needed to be addressed.
Disagree with the cage and lao nerfs. Those characters are fine. Nerfing cages f3 would kinda kill him

Goat-City

Banned
I really like the idea on Reo's list to make Quan's skeletal boost usable during trance, but that's probably not possible to change yet.

NSR

Me too, in fact, I actually wanted to give Quan Chi that buff, but I wasn't able to figure out what's preventing Skeletal Boost from being used during Trance.
It's definitely something I would love to do in the future.

QXD

Noob
When ever I try to run the mod on pc, I get a error code when I go into training. I coped over all of the asset files in the games disk content folder, are there any other steps?

NSR

the mod works(according to BoromiRefGeo), so it most likely is a case of your version not being the steam patched 1.07 MK9.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
BTW, a user tried to install this in the PSN version...no dice. Doesn't work apparently (if anybody wants to test it out on the PSN version, go right ahead)
The mod should work on the Komplete Edition, though. Has anybody been able to play this on their CFW PS3?
@Derptile
Forgot to mention, I was actually planning to buff the iceball startup. But the only variables I could find (which pretty much say iceball_speed) handle...the EX ones. Despite being labelled as non EX or just iceball.
I'll try to find the non EX ones, but I wasn't able to find it...yet.
So, will this work on my Ps3 or do I have to mod my ps3 as well. And does this mean I HAVE to buy the Komplete Edition if I want this to work? I bought DLC seperately.

When ever I try to run the mod on pc, I get a error code when I go into training. I coped over all of the asset files in the games disk content folder, are there any other steps?
weird dunno i did same and my game runs
is your game komplete edition updated to the latest patch 07 (pc)?

NSR

@Airvidal
Yes, it will work on a modded PS3. Well, if you want, you can test it out on vanilla MK9, but it's not officially supported. I suggest you get the KE instead.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
@NSR On the PC port, Sub Zero's changes have not been implemented.
Jade's changes are good, she gets excellent damage off of 342 because it doesn't scale. Making 40% meterless bnb's easy in the corner, and using x-ray up to 56% with sooo much ease (not did loads of testing, I'll find optimal stuff later). She still has the problem of not being able to connect overhead slam after 12.
Noob Saibot is better now, the B1 and B121 buff helped him. He gets good corner carry off of B121~dash loops.

Still sooo much to test. I'll check in periodically.

NSR

Just checked...I inlcuded SubZero_F (MK3) ... but I forgot the other Sub-Zero costumes (facepalm)
I'll upload them in a separate rar. thanks @Scott The Scot
EDIT: Done, check the video description again. :D
Sorry about that, I was absolutely certain I had included the files in the rar.

Last edited: