What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Trilogy Edition Mod Discussion (CURRENTLY ON VERSION 2.50)

Would you want classic/legacy music to play by default instead of the modern music?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
I didn't get time to work on MK9 TE during October or November, but rest assured. Starting on Dec. 14th, MK9 TE is back in full active development.
I've also found something that's interesting in the engine xxx file: in the PlayerController folder, there's a PlayerTick folder (contains a deltatime floatproperty) and function.
To my understanding, it processes player input, however according to UDK wiki "PlayerTick is only called if the PlayerController has a PlayerInput object. Therefore, it will not be called on servers for non-locally controlled playercontrollers"

Here's the thing: the PlayerController folder doesn't have a PlayerInput object. But MK9 uses a custom version of the UE3 engine, so who knows, maybe the PlayerTick does work. I'll be examining this eventually, in the hopes that something regarding the input bug/precision drops and/or negative edge can be fixed.

NSR

Unfortunately, either due a TOC error or whatever, I couldn't test out the modification on PS3. I'll check it out on PC to see if it works there.
On another sidenote: Next patch might be smaller than planned. Something like a 1.55 or 1.60 version. There probably won't be system changes in the next patch, but there will be character balance changes.
Don't expect a huge changelist for the next patch though, but changes that were intended to be in 1.50 will likely show up (Some Cyrax nerfs for example)

Last edited:

NSR

ETA for TE 1.60 is possibly before the end of 2016. Maybe the last week of December (maybe on the 27th?)
Don't expect it to be a big patch, as stated earlier, only character balance changes will be featured. I do want to include at least 1 system change, starting from the next patch (not this one)
I do have a lot of bitching saved up for the release, as I've discovered some really stupid coding issues.
@Fight-Now
Tagging you to let you know in case you want to prepare for that session.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I didn't get time to work on MK9 TE during October or November, but rest assured. Starting on Dec. 14th, MK9 TE is back in full active development.
I've also found something that's interesting in the engine xxx file: in the PlayerController folder, there's a PlayerTick folder (contains a deltatime floatproperty) and function.
To my understanding, it processes player input, however according to UDK wiki "PlayerTick is only called if the PlayerController has a PlayerInput object. Therefore, it will not be called on servers for non-locally controlled playercontrollers"

Here's the thing: the PlayerController folder doesn't have a PlayerInput object. But MK9 uses a custom version of the UE3 engine, so who knows, maybe the PlayerTick does work. I'll be examining this eventually, in the hopes that something regarding the input bug/precision drops and/or negative edge can be fixed.
The meter drain bug was incredibly annoying, you think there's a chance you could fix that?

im sorry i wasnt around for a long time.
im recently im in a mk9 mood. can someone give me a quick rundown what is happening right now.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
im sorry i wasnt around for a long time.
im recently im in a mk9 mood. can someone give me a quick rundown what is happening right now.
NSR couldn't work on the mod for 2 months, but 2 weeks ago he got back to it.

He also said that the coming update is expected to be ready before the end of the year, but that it's going to be small compared to the past ones.

Finally, he said that in this new update we should expect 1 system change, but no more. For the future versions though, he found an interesting file that coulp help fixing some MK9 issues, at least on PC.

Other non-Trilogy MK9 news have Tom Brady challanging Sonic Fox in a FT13 in the old MK game.

I think that's about it.

Last edited:

NSR

Balance concerns.
Same reason why Kano's F33 changes, and Sub-Zero's iceball and 4 changes got reverted.

NSR

ya know, he's still buffed from his 1.05 incarnation. just more fairly, that's all.
EDIT: btw guys, would you prefer the classic music to play on arenas that have them by default or the modern music? Don't worry, this won't interfere with TE's development, it's a minor question as I wanted to know if it should be altered. (modern music will still be available, obviously)

Last edited:

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
ya know, he's still buffed from his 1.05 incarnation. just more fairly, that's all.
EDIT: btw guys, would you prefer the classic music to play on arenas that have them by default or the modern music? Don't worry, this won't interfere with TE's development, it's a minor question as I wanted to know if it should be altered. (modern music will still be available, obviously)
Classic music by default plz :D

NSR

Next update probably won't be released in January, and honestly, I have no clue when.
It depends on how fast I can find specific variables for stuff that I'm trying to patch in (both gameplay mechanic and character related)
Let me know if you find any issues or bugs in V1.60!

NSR

Voting has closed for the classic music.
I'll keep that in mind for the next update.
As I've stated before, next update will have far less character balance changes and it will introduce at least 1 gameplay/system mechanic change. I do want to remind you that barring 1 gameplay mechanic change (Air Breaker nerf) all other gameplay/system mechanic changes are bugfixes, although it does remain to be seen how many I can successfully fix. Hopefully, I'll be able to fix many of them.
Spread the word about MK9 TE, it would be wonderful to see more people get back into MK9!

Last edited: