What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 is now backwards compatible on Xbox!

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Where is this matchmaking group?
Search "Mortal Kombat 2011 Matchmaking" in Xbox Clubs & ask to join. I'll make a new thread here on TYM for it too, just working on a few things for it first.

Something I'm working on that needs a few finishing touches I see as it's a on brighter on TYM than it is on Photoshop sadly.

I tried this out last night. It seems Xbox Live remembered I had the Klassic Sub-Zero and Ermac skins, as well as the Kombat Pass. Since I have the Klassic Skin Pack and the Kombat Pass was abolished long ago, non of those downloads were required.

Since I had the Kombat Pack, all the DLC characters, as well as the Compatibility Packs were present, but like the rest of you, no progress carried over, so no Quan Chi or Cyber Sub-Zero.

I will say, the game does not upscale well to 4K, but it certainly handles better on a base Xbox One controller over the Xbox 360 Controller!

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
I tried this out last night. It seems Xbox Live remembered I had the Klassic Sub-Zero and Ermac skins, as well as the Kombat Pass. Since I have the Klassic Skin Pack and the Kombat Pass was abolished long ago, non of those downloads were required.

Since I had the Kombat Pack, all the DLC characters, as well as the Compatibility Packs were present, but like the rest of you, no progress carried over, so no Quan Chi or Cyber Sub-Zero.

I will say, the game does not upscale well to 4K, but it certainly handles better on a base Xbox One controller over the Xbox 360 Controller!
Are you using a digital copy?

BSJeebus

Future Karate Expert
i would like to know that as well I havent played a game of MKvsDC in over 10 years
Thanks to Reddit, I just learned... That online has never NOT been down. The Chat Lobbies no longer work, but Ranked, Casual, and Private Matches still work to this day. I feel a little silly right now .