What's new

Mortal Kombat 4 tournament on Project 64. Any interest?

Hey guys. So I just wanna see if enough people would be interested for a tourney. Project 64 I think is easier to set up but we can do it on psx if that works better for everyone.

i'm down for the n64 version, b/c the psx emulators dont like my xbox 360 pad

what version of project 64 will be used so i can d/l it

If mupen has netplay we can use that for both games. Whatever works the best. We should test out both games to make sure they work so there's no problems later on.

ScheissNussen said:
Not positive, I'm pretty sure it was the most current and I can't remember the version. Rolltide/GoldenOreos probably know/have it.

Edit: v0.5.0 I think
this is what i got

Edit: i can e-mail it to who ever needs it or something

K I just tried it by myself on kaillera and it says the controller is missing. It only does that with mk4, trilogy works fine. I tried the european version and same problem. Tried other controller plug ins and no dice. So we're gonna have to use project 64 for mk4.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I have interest in the N64 but only if it's easy, gives me no bs like Mame did when I had it lol...

I don't know anything about this project 64, is it like mame or better I hope? I like the N64 MK4, I'm with rolltide. I'm all for that one if something gets going and if I can dl it hopefully without any problems. How does this work guys?

Also, does the 360 controllers just plug into the usb port like on xbox if you want to use that for MK4 with p64?

MKF30 said:
Also, does the 360 controllers just plug into the usb port like on xbox if you want to use that for MK4 with p64?
yea and then set your buttons...........i use my wireless controllers for all my emulators :) (magic)

also you shouldn't have n e problems w/ mupen or project 64k, they are good.....its just kaillera that sucks

Me and Rolltide tried Trilogy in kaillera yesterday and it worked but it was laggy. We gotta try to get hamachi working for him

Anyone wanna test out mk4 today?

K so for MKT we're gonna use Mupen 079 and it should work without setting up. For MK4 we're gonna use Project64 1.3 and all you gotta do is swap out the video plugin that comes with it for Jabo's 3D8 1.6

MKF30

HOw do I get project 64? Also, it's safe to DL it right? Like no risk of viruses or bugs?

@rolltide, oh cool that's reassuring man ;)

MKF30

Cool, thanks and this is ok to dl right? Won't infect my PC with any bugs or anything?

MKF30

ScheissNussen said:
Everything on the Internet can have viruses on it. Get a virus scanner, turn it on, and don't worry about it.
Well lol I have to make sure...I have norton and it's good but my last one was from an unknown source and wiped my entire PC nearly and wasn't cheap to fix....that and my family also uses the PC besides just me so this is important which is why I'm asking, hope you guys understand that. I'm up for MK4 but if the thing is giving me issues I'm a no go(I can't take the chance, sorry):)

Does anyone know if a Play and Charge Xbox Controller works? I've been trying for like a week now and it just won't work for me.