What's new

Mortal Kombat 3 New Speedrun World Record

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
While the NRS world has been going crazy with Mortal Kombat 11 hype, Australian speed-runner Outworld has taken the number one spot for the Mortal Kombat 3 Arcade mode world record. Originally reported by tabmok99 over with Mortal Kombat Online, you can scope out the details above the the video down below.

The new record stands at 4:57, with Cyrax seemingly the character of choice to blow through this as quickly as possible. If the video has gotten you interested at speed-running Mortal Kombat games at all, it's really easy to sign up on Speedrun.com and to upload your video/time. PND Ketchup has been known to run games in the past, currently holding the 9th place time for UMK3 in the regular category and the 1st place (as far as I'm aware) time for the No-Toasty one. If you want to try out something a little easier to get into, here's the details for the MKX run. It's a good idea to get into this now, so when MK11 drops, you will be ready to find tech and character strats before anyone else.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/348433077?t=02s

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I've never see this method for a speed run. Not fun to watch at all, but it's definitely something I've never seen. Surprised the AI doesn't try to block those endless HP's.