What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 wishlist before reveal

Expand greatly on variations but do 2 only. No gear system, but many costumes to unlock per character and being able to change colors and design on different outfits. More fatalities , 3 per character,brutalities return along with animalities and of course good fighting intro dialogue

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

Both robotic and human smoke, almost every male ninja, every cyborg, quadraped Motaro, Onaga, extreme darkness, mature, complete photorealism, so genuinely horrific without making it camp and jokey- lets get fucking serious- i want people to break into tears when they see the violence, I want people to call the cops,
I want mortal kombat to be so fucked up, that after an hour of playing it, house plants die.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I want:

--no guest characters

--if Raiden is in the game, he should remain on the side of good. Kind of like in MK: Deception, i.e. a bit over-protective of Earthrealm, but still good.

--no guest characters

--it'd be interesting if MK11 is a re-telling of the events of MK Deadly Alliance and MK Deception.

--I want to see Frost, Havik, Hotaru, Mavado, Hsu Hao, Drahmin.

--I want to see the return of an expanded Chess Kombat with more spells, abilities and so forth.

--an MK Deception style Konquest (story) mode, where you get to explore all the major realms in the MK universe, would be awesome.

--block button

--character and style (variation) specific special moves, such as in MK Deadly Alliance would be awesome. Those would be things like escapes, reversals, taunts, neijins (reversals), shoves, impales (if weapons return), and sidestep swings.

--the Dragon King would be a great final boss. The battle with him should be like in MK Deception where you can break the Kamidogus to temorarily weaken him.

--no guest characters

Last edited:

JDM

Noob
I'm down with no guest characters this time. I really loved the guests in MKX and 9, but I feel like they'd just be reaching at this point. Who else other than Freddy Jason Leatherface Predator and Alien could comfortably fit an MK fighting game? The fact that we had to combine 4 fan favorites instead of having fully fleshed out characters kind of sucks. I'd much rather them have MK characters fleshed out than throwing a variation on a palette swap and calling it 4 characters. On to the next point, variations need to go. They were clearly grasping at straws for certain characters, and instead of putting in fan-favorites, they'd just slap a similar few specials onto another character instead of fully fleshing out their moveset (Stunt double Johnny taking shit that EASILY could have been made into a Noob moveset)

I need MORE classic/revamped post-mk3 characters. Such as but not limited to: Fujin, Rain, Noob (why would you remove noob from the roster..), Havik, Drahmin, would be sick to see them in current MK. I really really want either Fujin Rain or Noob. I know Drahmin isn't happening.

Gear system hopefully makes a return cause that was probably the best concept a FG has ever had for casuals AND hardcores alike. I loved customizing my characters in Inj2, but hopefully this time they don't put colors behind a paywall or make it easier/possible to earn them through gameplay.

No run button, for god's sakes. Lopsided the game entirely too much in offenses favor. Honestly, if they do it they could easily do it right since the last patch in MKX really helped defense and toned down stupid offense. I just don't think they'd do it right and it was way too frustrating playing MKX before the last patch.

Probably the biggest thing that I know won't happen but would dramatically help them game imo: Universal jump ins. Ever since Injustice 1 they've gone with the concept of characters could be made by their jump ins. Look at catwoman, predator, ferra torr, etc. Makes balancing a mess. And it's never fun getting hit by a stupidly OP jump-in. They don't need to make them universal like in MK9. but at the VERY LEAST try to balance them. Make them similar.. Make them more fair. Please. I know this won't happen but it's probably a top 3 concern for me.

I don't want any of the new comers back besides Kotal Cassie Erron and maybe D'vorah. Takeda, Jacqui, and Kung Jin can never be seen again for all I care.

Less reliance on 50/50s, make it more fair like Injustice 2. Injustice 2's balance gives me a lot of hope for MK11.

Personal wishlist:

- Less emphasis on 50/50s
- No guest characters (or cut it down to 1 MAYBE 2 tops)
- More stage variety (let's be honest MKX is really damn bland)
- An actual soundtrack (it geniunely felt like MKX had no music)
- No asspulls like Cassie defeating Shinnok in the story
- Get rid of the variations system
- Introduce the Gear system ONLY for customization. Please none of this RPG element crap like increased health
- Bring back the Challenge towers
- Bring back the Tag kombat option
- Get rid of the X-Ray
- Quitality and Brutality should return
- Get rid of the stance change button. A character's hurtbox should not change depending on which limb is sticking out in the pose
- WORK ON THE ANIMATIONS. PLEASE. This includes normals, juggling, and neutral stances. I can't express enough how much I dislike the animations in MKX and Injustice 2, makes the fights look wonky
- Make it easier to earn the in-game currency. MKX's grind was awful and the microtransations associated with the Krypt suck ass
- Would be neat if NRS brings back a classic alternative mode like Chess Kombat or Puzzle Kombat. The Challenges and Test your ... minigames are cool, but are mostly one and one and there's no potential for local play. Imagine if there was a whole side tournament for Puzzle Kombat in MK11? The hype creates itself
- Character wishlist: Rain, Li Mei, Sareena, Fujin, Frost, Havik, maybe Hotaru. The rest of the MK4-3D era charas were terrible
- Get rid of back-forward inputs for specials. Just adopt proper half and quarter circles like everybody else in the business

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Personal wishlist:

- Less emphasis on 50/50s
- No guest characters (or cut it down to 1 MAYBE 2 tops)
- More stage variety (let's be honest MKX is really damn bland)
- An actual soundtrack (it geniunely felt like MKX had no music)
- No asspulls like Cassie defeating Shinnok in the story
- Get rid of the variations system
- Introduce the Gear system ONLY for customization. Please none of this RPG element crap like increased health
- Bring back the Challenge towers
- Bring back the Tag kombat option
- Get rid of the X-Ray
- Quitality and Brutality should return
- Get rid of the stance change button. A character's hurtbox should not change depending on which limb is sticking out in the pose
- WORK ON THE ANIMATIONS. PLEASE. This includes normals, juggling, and neutral stances. I can't express enough how much I dislike the animations in MKX and Injustice 2, makes the fights look wonky
- Make it easier to earn the in-game currency. MKX's grind was awful and the microtransations associated with the Krypt suck ass
- Would be neat if NRS brings back a classic alternative mode like Chess Kombat or Puzzle Kombat. The Challenges and Test your ... minigames are cool, but are mostly one and one and there's no potential for local play. Imagine if there was a whole side tournament for Puzzle Kombat in MK11? The hype creates itself
- Character wishlist: Rain, Li Mei, Sareena, Fujin, Frost, Havik, maybe Hotaru. The rest of the MK4-3D era charas were terrible
- Get rid of back-forward inputs for specials. Just adopt proper half and quarter circles like everybody else in the business
I like everything on this list except for no X-Ray and no back-forward inputs. Both of those are cool with me, but it's your list.

I can't agree more on animations. MKX's were better than MK9, but there were still a number of characters with stiff and awkward looking poses and moves. Especially the jump animations on many characters are weird and unnatural. Injustice 2 is even worse in that regard. All NRS has to do is find some decent martial artists and motion capture them.

And Chess Kombat for the win!

I like everything on this list except for no X-Ray and no back-forward inputs. Both of those are cool with me, but it's your list.

I can't agree more on animations. MKX's were better than MK9, but there were still a number of characters with stiff and awkward looking poses and moves. Especially the jump animations on many characters are weird and unnatural. Injustice 2 is even worse in that regard. All NRS has to do is find some decent martial artists and motion capture them.

And Chess Kombat for the win!
Just to be clear I don't dislike the Xray mechanic. I only feel that it should be removed because it breaks the flow of the match too much, and those attacks are so deadly in their nature they could very well be fatalities, some even feel more brutal than actual fatalities

Deep33

Noob
Quit Wishlisting You Fools. Your wishlist isn't going to change anything. Just play the damn game once its released.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
You are delusional if you think there will be no guest characters, guys.
Quit Wishlisting You Fools. Your wishlist isn't going to change anything. Just play the damn game once its released.
You guys should search up what wishlist means, even though I too am growing tired of these threads just because of how many minor variations of them there have been

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
You guys should search up what wishlist means, even though I too am growing tired of these threads just because of how many minor variations of them there have been
But Cursa, you have to know MY top 10 reasons why BRC should be the main boss.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
It's not a matter of getting tired or not knowing what a wishlist is.

Whishing mk11 has no guests is at this point just as naive as wishing mk has no blood.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Whishing mk11 has no guests is at this point just as naive as wishing mk has no blood.
This would imply that there is some form of wishing that isn't naive. These wishlists are just that - wishlists.

It's not "This is what I think MK11 will/will not have" it's a matter of "This is what I hope MK11 will/will not have"

There's no substance to them, it's all just hopes and dreams so saying that no guest characters is naive is redundant, since basically all wishlists are "naive" in a sense. If they have realistic wishlists then they're not as much wishlists as they are predictions.

Also I don't think having a reduction in guest characters wouldn't be too naive either. In IJ2 Raiden was pretty not well received by the community imo and the turtles were a pretty dividing opinion. Even Sub Zero shouldn't have been included if you listen to some people.

I personally wasn't a huge fan of Raiden or the turtles. Complete wastes of character slots imo. Only bought them out of fear I'd get bodied by them and wouldn't be able to learn the MU.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
This would imply that there is some form of wishing that isn't naive. These wishlists are just that - wishlists.

It's not "This is what I think MK11 will/will not have" it's a matter of "This is what I hope MK11 will/will not have"

There's no substance to them, it's all just hopes and dreams so saying that no guest characters is naive is redundant, since basically all wishlists are "naive" in a sense. If they have realistic expectations then they're not as much wishlists as they are predictions.
Just saying, if people like to lose time wishing something that is 99,99999% not happening, it's of course their choice.