What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Reveal Trailer

Comments

If we are not done with the roster yet....

Here is my idea of the next NRS trailer (Derek, Tyler - read this and learn!)

Imagine a mysterious female, covered in the shadows, is walking in the krypt. She approaches Ermac's corpse, touches him and ressurects him by giving him couple of green souls. Then there is a cut and in the next scene, she approaches Kenshi and resurrects him by giving him his blade. Cut. After that, she finds Reptile, who is hiding somewhere and eating a dead flesh, and orders him to follow her which he does. Cut. She is looking at the bridge far away from the pit and sees that Tanya is fighting there with Smoke. Suddenly they are noticing her, stop figthing and are teleporting to follow her.

Then, they all stand in the hero pose: Ermac, Kenshi, Reptile, Smoke, Tanya.

The person to gathered them, turns out to be Sareena (she is going to replace Cetrion or any other boring guest character in the roster).

Roster is now perfectly rectangular

And all of them are kompleting the Ultimate MK Armageddon with the price of 30 USD.

How that sounds?

People already complain about every single character in the cast thus far.
Begging & pleading for Fujin for a decade, y’all get him and within 24 hours you start bitching.
He is, without question, the best version of the character we have gotten. But still not enough.
Shang Tsung (With Cary Tagawa's face), Nightwolf, Spawn, Noob, Baraka, Kabal, Jade, Sindel, Fujin, Rain, Mileena. All heavily requested characters since MKX, yet ppl still find the time to complain.

The person to gathered them, turns out to be Sareena (she is going to replace Cetrion or any other boring guest character in the roster).
Well you had me until this part lol. Replacing Cetrion, a character they worked on and put in the game, or any of their guest characters which have made them big bank...with...Sareena. Lmao.

Y'all hype Sareena up way too much.

Imagine a mysterious female, covered in the shadows, is walking in the krypt. She approaches Ermac's corpse, touches him and ressurects him by giving him couple of green souls. Then there is a cut and in the next scene, she approaches Kenshi and resurrects him by giving him his blade. Cut. After that, she finds Reptile, who is hiding somewhere and eating a dead flesh, and orders him to follow her which he does. Cut. She is looking at the bridge far away from the pit and sees that Tanya is fighting there with Smoke. Suddenly they are noticing her, stop figthing and are teleporting to follow her.

And all of them are kompleting the Ultimate MK Armageddon with the price of 30 USD.

How that sounds?
Sounds like shit, because I didn't hear Havik.

Well you had me until this part lol. Replacing Cetrion, a character they worked on and put in the game, or any of their guest characters which have made them big bank...with...Sareena. Lmao.
You know it was a bit ironic and it was only because in my math she is +1 after perfect rectangle roster? xD

Sounds like shit, because I didn't hear Havik.
Yea, forgot about Havik too, though it's tough now to include all fan favs :(

How that sounds?
No Havik ? Screw that

I don’t get the Sareena hype, feels like an obscure character that would easily be forgotten. What would her unique skill set be? She’s never been playable right? What’s her story besides slave of Quan Chi?

I don’t get the Sareena hype, feels like an obscure character that would easily be forgotten. What would her unique skill set be? She’s never been playable right? What’s her story besides slave of Quan Chi?
She was playable in MK Armageddon. I think there's hype around her because she has tons of potential. Her storyline was very intriguing for an obscure background character. She was part of Quan Chi's assassin demon trio who was tasked to kill Sub-Zero and seemingly a very typical evil lackey. But she had a change of heart (warmed up to him or fell in love, don't remember) and turned against Quan Chi which cost her human form. So very self-discovering-anti-hero type of character which is missing from MK I think (until Ashrah came around and briefly touched base on that type of storyline). She briefly made an appearance in Kabal's ending, having a family with him which I thought was...random. But weirdly funny.

In terms of moveset, I think it's safe to say that if NRS can manage to take boring characters like Tremor, Frost, and Tanya and give them really cool movesets/powers, they can definitely do the same for Sareena. I always thought they could give her some cool hellish powers from the Netherrealm that she can't control (cause of the whole "I'm trying to be a human and get rid of my demon identity" thing). For example she could lose control mid-match and briefly turn into her spectre form and use some cool demonic powers. Think Kazuya and his Devil gene from Tekken, Tira's bipolarity from SC that causes her to change forms mid-match, or even something like Z.W.E.I. summoning his wolf but with demons in Sareena's case. That could be a cool antithesis from her straightforward, human form.

Anyway...doesn't seem like she'll make an appearance any time soon tho. I'm not even a huge fan of her, just always thought she had a lot of untapped potential.

I really find it so strange that people are more focused on expanding the roster with a bunch of new characters than they are making the game feel less bland.

They could add every fucking character from the entire history of MK and after a week or two, the game is right back to where it started. I'd rather have a roster of 12 fun characters to play than a roster of 50 that bore me to tears. Every character is played the same as they were week 1 of release.

I really wish NRS would mention SOMETHING about gameplay changes, but I fear there will be none. Visually this game has no equal in the fighting game genre and it sold incredibly well, but to me, it's the most disappointing NRS title in history. I hope it's not too late to fix that.