What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 TYM Tier List Discussion Thread

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?

I dont feel like my specific opinion is too controversial, but Id like to see what other members here think rather than just focusing on what the same few pros say. We also play the game and have a perspective, so lets discuss. I posted mine to get started, feel free to criticize it or post your own. Wordness to the turdness.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I understand that Cassie is supposedly amazing, but she hasn’t been making much noise at all since her nerfs.

You, and pros included, still have her in S tier, but is that still true?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I understand that Cassie is supposedly amazing, but she hasn’t been making much noise at all since her nerfs.

Hey bro whats up?

Her being able to good at all areas and far better than most, having a 7f jab cbo starter that does 23% damage without allowing anyone to break away is a big deal.

Though i see this from skarlet's perspective which i don't think joker is absolute top tier.

But i do agree with her placings on every list since i also think she is bottom 3 free and one of the hardest characters to use in the current meta, she doesn't play mk11 until she corners you, and sometimes she has to corner herself first to put others in the corner and play the game.

Harder mus are cetrion, and any S that is not joker in this list are pretty hard to even play against, worst if their u2 is under 9f

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
It does warm my heart that everyone, without fail, regardless of skill level or experience, agrees that Shao Kahn is absolute dog dookie butt water.

Nothing but the biggest of middle fingers to NRS for fucking over the original Outworld Emperor, and then just leaving him like that for over a year (and counting).

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
View attachment 16993

I dont feel like my specific opinion is too controversial, but Id like to see what other members here think rather than just focusing on what the same few pros say. We also play the game and have a perspective, so lets discuss. I posted mine to get started, feel free to criticize it or post your own. Wordness to the turdness.
I feel like frost,noob and Maybe Shang could be a tier higher, otherwise I’d agree to everything. Is every tier ordered in your list?

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?

Yes, IMO. Cassie has some of the best if not the best forward progressing string and normals in the game, a decent restand, a fast mid, good damage(great unbreakable damage in YAAS Queen), 2 highly usable variations, and I

I feel like frost,noob and Maybe Shang could be a tier higher, otherwise I’d agree to everything. Is every tier ordered in your list?
Shang and Frost I feel pretty strongly are not as good as discussed rn. Not bad characters, just superbly average, and maybe slightly not good in my eyes at the least. It has to do with hit boxes, frame data, and even trajectory of their stings and normals and how it seems to not really compliment their playstyle. These two characters feel like pseudo zoners, yet their best strings move them nearly half screen toward you, while having shitty specific hit regions and not really having any good staggers. I would main Frost if I felt otherwise, shes my favorite on the roster. Shang's Ninja variation is something Ive spent time trying to make work as well. If I moved Shang up, it would be above Jax and Kotal, but not up a tier. Noob, I could give more thought to but he feels very weak, what is your opinion on him?

Also, yes, in exact order of my opinion.

Blewdew

Yes, IMO. Cassie has some of the best if not the best forward progressing string and normals in the game, a decent restand, a fast mid, good damage(great unbreakable damage in YAAS Queen), 2 highly usable variations, and I

Shang and Frost I feel pretty strongly are not as good as discussed rn. Not bad characters, just superbly average, and maybe slightly not good in my eyes at the least. It has to do with hit boxes, frame data, and even trajectory of their stings and normals and how it seems to not really compliment their playstyle. These two characters feel like pseudo zoners, yet their best strings move them nearly half screen toward you, while having shitty specific hit regions and not really having any good staggers. I would main Frost if I felt otherwise, shes my favorite on the roster. Shang's Ninja variation is something Ive spent time trying to make work as well. If I moved Shang up, it would be above Jax and Kotal, but not up a tier. Noob, I could give more thought to but he feels very weak, what is your opinion on him?

Also, yes, in exact order of my opinion.
alright these are my thoughts on noob and frost, I don't want to talk about shang that much because I don't have that much time to elobrate and I think out of the three he's the least one I'd put higher than he currently is.

first noob, my opinion is solely based on seeing double because I think ds and pb are really not good. low slide just carries this character. f221 is an amazing string itself because it's fast, has hella reach and is almost impossible to whiff punish due to noob leaning back on second hit while is clone is like a untouchable wall of active frames. combined with his low slide you have a 25% combo for a simple string into special which is safe and does like 7% chip. due to slide he's almost never punishable and his b3 and b1 become extremely useful.
he also has 212 which is a 8 meterless launching autoshimmy that is safe by itself and also special cancable for some reason. in sd he gets like 30% midscreen from it.
his kb's are also pretty good. A 31% 9f punisher, throw kb's on both his throws and bf1 kb to close out games.
overall he's just really good at shutting down neutral just with his slide and f221 in so many matchups. amp slide alone does 17% and his damage explodes in the corner, he gets like 30-35% for every touch. he has good pokes, a GODLIKE d4 which is super frustrating to deal with in combination with slide. the only problem he has is that his zoning is pretty mediocre because he doesn't have access to his fast projectile. I really don't see him outside of A+ tbh but I'm interested in what you think about him.

frost I don't see as a pseudo zoner. yes she has good tools to zone and but if we talk about her arctic anarchy variation I see here as a spacing/neutral controlling character because of her drills. b2 into drill is soooo fucking good, as well as d4 and her b121 string, a 11f hit confirmable gapless safe mid string. IA dive kick is also really good after pusback strings like b121 because if done correctly it's startup is 6f which is ridicilous and low profiles a lot of stuff while still being safe.
I can't talk about hitbox issues though because I don't play the character outside of the lab, same with shang.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
View attachment 16993

Raise Baraka 1 tier and I quite agree!

Blewdew

View attachment 16993

Also interesting that you put terminator so high, even higher than cetrion, what’s your opinion on him? I‘ve never played against a good one nor have I seen one in tournament yet.