What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 release trailer at Combo Breaker 2018?

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
It's been weeks, maybe months, of speculation but it's all coming to a head now. It seems almost certain that in the next fortnight MK11, or whatever NRS has in store next, will be revealed. Not only does this accord with the general precedent established by NRS releases, but it would explain the total radio silence on the Injustice 2 front since the release of the Legendary Edition: it's time to move on....and for the return of everyone's favourite franchise....the one, the only, Mortal Kombat.

Feel the butterflies

And, according to the latest leak, we'll be getting our long awaited MK11 reveal at the upcoming Combo Breaker. This wouldn't be a huge break in precedent: the cinematic release trailers of both MKX and Injustice 2 dropped in the first week of June, immediately before E3, so this would entail something of an earlier start to the media than usual, but nothing particularly eyebrow-raising.

Unlike when someone says, for instance, the 50/50s were fine.

Thanks Rocky.

The details of the leak, which also includes details of Lego Incredibles and DC Villains, if you're that way inclined (though if so you're almost certainly too young to be on this website) can be found here. As you can see, the original source for the leak is the ever-reputable 4chan but, that and the natural high levels of salt such leaks should be taken with, it would seem fairly plausible.

Combo Breaker is going down this weekend, from the 25th to the 27th of May, and represents one of the absolute premier events in the FGC calendar, arguably second only to Evo itself. Moreover, Combo Breaker takes place just outside Chicago, almost literally in NRS' backyard. So if there is a reveal at Combo Breaker, it would be very much playing to the home crowd, possibly lending further credence to the rumours.

If you aren't going in person, be sure to do your duties as a stream monster and tune in. It's worth noting that, as addressed previously,

The schedule is here, all times EST:

It seems most likely that the reveal would be during the Grand Finals of Injustice Top 8, at 8pm EST. There's also a history of NRS reveals at Combo Breaker, most notably Red Hood as DLC revealed last year.

There's no stream details as of yet, but doubtless the Injustice 2 Top 8 will be streamed. Check back to TYM for a viewer's guide closer to the fateful weekend. And, natutally, check back to TYM for coverage of all the NRS goings on at Combo Breaker, including results as we get them and, potentially, our first ever look.....at Mortal Kombat 11.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Tag coming back!?

This makes a lot of sense since we had assists via sidekick multiverses.

Iinnttereessttinngg..

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Tag team is back? Oh fuck yeah! Please have more online and offline 4 player options!

Tag team. Check

Now get rid of run and offer full kharacter kustomization!! Deeper than I2 and deeper than MK Armageddon's KAK. Have the ability to color the MK characters however we wish, that would be sick of course with improving upon gameplay as well, great story mode, tutorial, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Last edited:

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Wouldn’t be surprised with tag coming back it seems like that’s the direction a lot of games are goimg

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Exciting, can't wait! Before MKX came out I avoided all info (trailers, news articles, websites, yes, even TYM, that was hard, let me tell you) in order to get the freshest possible experience, and it was worth it, but I don't think I can do it again, definitely not for MK11.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yo, who wants to be my tag team partner? Only requirement is we have to dress like classic wrestling tag team Legion of Doom. I call Animal. You can be Hawk.
Maybe we can color the MK characters and modify them to look like the Legion of Doom this time :D

MAN0

DevilApes
The mkx mobile twitch just ended with "bottom of the pit" anagram..

Possible hint or am I just going paranoid?

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Hmm.
Just thinking.
Hmm.
Maybe we could get the trailer broken up over the three top 8s the nrs is having.
Hmm. Or less probably, three separate teasers.
Hmm.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk