What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Main Theme

It's no "Instinct" (Killer Instinct), and I doubt I have put it on me walkman playlist. However, it is still thematically suitable and, best of all, it's not some crap rap ghetto dirge... Thank the Elder Gods.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Whoa, that theme...it's...just wow.

2019 is a great year to be alive and be an MK fan. :D

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I love the different instruments, and the intensity.

This might sound weirdly nitpicky, but uh... does anyone else think it's odd that there's no climax to the theme? It's all just tension. Like, take the Injustice 2 theme. It's over two minutes of glorious buildup, and then finally at 2:30 the tension breaks and you get the sweeping heroic notes that pump you up. That's the "epic" part of the theme everyone remembers.

There certainly are menu themes out there that don't resolve in the same way, but they tend to be pretty mellow to start with. Whereas MK11's is really dramatic and intense but kind of goes nowhere?

It's just, I dunno, odd. I keep waiting for the big, iconic heroic/villainous moment, and it never comes.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Mortal Kombat 11's full main theme:

It's so good! They have truly upped their game with the music in this game, imo!

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Mortal Kombat 11's full main theme:

It's so good! They have truly upped their game with the music in this game, imo!
Same wack ass movie music we've had since MK9. The catchy part doesn't even kick in until 12:20. Forgettable garbage, which is par for Mortal Kombat unfortunately.

Reactions: Zev
Have been listening to a few of the background themes, and they're actually quite nice.

Bone Temple and Shirai Ryu Fire Garden have a bit of a melody which is good to hear. Love the instrumentation/percussion/chanting in them. Might have to turn up the music slider in the game.

The chinese guzhen instrument
I think this is what stands out for me. It adds a little difference to just being a cinematic background filler.