What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Livestream - MK Day Official Thread

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I don't really like Kano's militaristic designs. I'm still hoping to something closer to bald Kano from MK3.

What I’m saying I guess is personally there is no way I’m going to remember or bother keeping track of x amount characters x amount of moves each with their individual sequence in order to land a crushing blow. If that’s your cup of tea, then great, but as a casual player I think it’s going to feel random and I’m not into the idea at all.
I don’t want to be constantly looking up what move is activated how.
If it was activated in some universal way then maybe it would be ok but even then I don’t really like the idea of free extra damage when you already have the mechanic for fatal blows.
Yeah I wonder how hard some of them are to remember. Like in one of the fights today, Ultra Dave asked 16bit how something was a krushing blow, and 16bit said something like "ummm I think this one is if you perfect block the first hit, but fail at perfect blocking the second hit, it becomes a krushing blow." No way will I remember that kind of shit for every character.

kevkopdx

Noob
Yeah I wonder how hard some of them are to remember. Like in one of the fights today, Ultra Dave asked 16bit how something was a krushing blow, and 16bit said something like "ummm I think this one is if you perfect block the first hit, but fail at perfect blocking the second hit, it becomes a krushing blow." No way will I remember that kind of shit for every character.
Yes, exactly. I guarantee there will be characters that have easier executions than others... seems too complicated, not only will we inevitably face nerfs/buffs to moves, now we may see nerfs/buffs to execution on crushing blows for these moves. Granted, this is all conjecture but I’m just not into the concept. At all. We’ll see how it goes!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Could this picture possibly confirm Kano to be playable?

If so then it seems like once again NRS is playing things safe. So far the only surprise returnee was Skarlet.
The back piece says "CAGE", so if Cassie wasn't already confirmed, this oughta be the last push.

I'm actually REALLY intrigued how a Cassie that doesn't live or die by running and stamina is going to play...

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
What I’m saying I guess is personally there is no way I’m going to remember or bother keeping track of x amount characters x amount of moves each with their individual sequence in order to land a crushing blow. If that’s your cup of tea, then great, but as a casual player I think it’s going to feel random and I’m not into the idea at all.
I don’t want to be constantly looking up what move is activated how.
If it was activated in some universal way then maybe it would be ok but even then I don’t really like the idea of free extra damage when you already have the mechanic for fatal blows.
If you take the time to learn how to block crazy ass mixups in MKX then you can take a few for krushing blows

Marinjuana

Jesus, Kano again? Seriously? Doesn't he have a son we can have instead? Why do they always play it so damn safe?
You don't it much here but one of the most common complaints I've seen about MKX is that it passed on klassic characters for new blood, particularly with issue to the Kombat Kids

kevkopdx

Noob
If you take the time to learn how to block crazy ass mixups in MKX then you can take a few for krushing blows
Blocking mixups is a visual process, how the fuck are you going to know if the requirement for a crushing blow is block 4 uppercuts then do it? You can’t, you’re gonna have to be looking this shit up. That’s my problem with this.

Marinjuana

Blocking mixups is a visual process, how the fuck are you going to know if the requirement for a crushing blow is block 4 uppercuts then do it? You can’t, you’re gonna have to be looking this shit up. That’s my problem with this.
Blocking and punishing correctly still isn't something you just learn without practice or just getting hit by it a million times. I really think you are overblowing how hard it is to learn of a couple situations with each character which you'll probably only see one or two per character in casual play. Most of the requirements will likely be intuitive such as whiff punishing and whanot.

It's going to add depth to the game for the better, I don't see why the game needs to be dumbed down so much when it already panders to casual play so heavily

kevkopdx

Noob
Blocking and punishing correctly still isn't something you just learn without practice or just getting hit by it a million times. I really think you are overblowing how hard it is to learn of a couple situations with each character which you'll probably only see one or two per character in casual play. Most of the requirements will likely be intuitive such as whiff punishing and whanot.

It's going to add depth to the game for the better, I don't see why the game needs to be dumbed down so much when it already panders to casual play so heavily
I’m not trying to overblow anything, I said it was conjecture and we’ll see how it plays out. What I’m saying is I don’t like the concept, it’s not some game breaker for me or anything. In concept it seems like it can be annoying especially if some characters are granted full combo punishes and some don’t and whether or not some characters will have easy execution ones and others don’t or if you have to keep track of how many times your opponent has done something or if they performed a flawless block, it’s just another layer of balance that seems over complicated. That being said, it could be totally fine, this is just initial opinions and observations based on watching a pre release build.

Ok what is up with sub zero's neutral stance? He's holding his hands parallel to each other like he's holding a melon. And he even walks like that..... c'mon nrs... the other characters all look great

How do you guys feel about the color scheme of the gold health and meters?
I kinda wish the two separate meters had different colors for better differentiation.

Oh and remaining health shown as ×/1000 and combo damage not being in %?

Last edited:

kevkopdx

Noob
I kinda wish the two separate meters had different colors for better differentiation.

I don’t mind the UI color scheme and will probably just get used to the health system.. I do however think the font and design of Finish Him is ugly af lol

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Jesus, Kano again? Seriously? Doesn't he have a son we can have instead? Why do they always play it so damn safe?

Also, why not 'Kharacters' ? Be konsistent!
Watch your tone, or I have to cut it out. (In my Kano Voice)

I don't think it's as nice as the MKX design. Seems too busy by comparison. Colours are nice though, a good change from the stark white previously.

And i'm not sure why they went with the horizontal/vertical meter. Surely one on top of the other? Or circular one would have worked? I don't know, just looks a little off.

Each character has around 5-6 different Krushing Blows each with their own activation requirements. You can only do each one ONCE per game.
You are confusing krushing blows with fatal blow. Krushing blows, you have like 6 of them with their own activation requirements and you can do as many of them as you want as long as you meet these requirements. Fatal blow is what you can do only once per game and you can only do it when you are below 30% health.

Rearawt

Noob
You are confusing krushing blows with fatal blow. Krushing blows, you have like 6 of them with their own activation requirements and you can do as many of them as you want as long as you meet these requirements. Fatal blow is what you can do only once per game and you can only do it when you are below 30% health.
Both Krushing Blows and Fatal Blows are limited to once per game

projectzero00

nomnomnom

Honestly I wasn't a fan. Seems too bright and busy for MK. I absolutely loved MKX in terms of design and was hoping they would keep the darker, toned down colours for future games. It will get some time getting used to.