What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Livestream - MK Day Official Thread

Gamer68

Fujin!
16bit was explaining that Sonya Blade doesn't use a weapon so she has short range, but she has really good mix-ups.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Guys I don't know how I feel about Sub-Zero flat out losing his ice clone altogether.

Seems like they want him more offensive this time around. It's such an iconic move and doesn't seem like that playstyle is coming back.

kevkopdx

Noob
I think I’m mostly into the gameplay with the exception of krushing blows... seems like it will be hard to be able to anticipate from an opponent, might be salt inducing to die from some random 30% damage move out of the blue

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I think I’m mostly into the gameplay with the exception of krushing blows... seems like it will be hard to be able to anticipate from an opponent, might be salt inducing to die from some random 30% damage move out of the blue
You'll be able to learn which moves are krushing blows and defend accordingly. It's a risk reward thing. Like say a krushing blow will grant a combo that does 30% and it activates on counter hit. So you have to consider that when playing footsies when that combo would kill. Or maybe there's an overhead that will only grant a combo on the third time you hit the opponent with it, defending against that you would prioritize blocking the overhead less until after you've been hit twice. And the krushing blow only happens once.

It's very similar to Lethal Hits in Soul Calibur VI and I thought think that's a brilliant mechanic. It adds a lot of depth.