What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 - Launch Trailer

Another trailer for MK11 has just come out, this one featuring that one song from the movie everyone likes and a look at some more characters appearing in the story mode. Check it out!

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Didn’t Boon say in an interview that they wouldn’t do Story NPC fights? So that means cyborgs will be playable maybe? Maybe unlockable. (Unless of course they are only in cutscenes)
So I have been trying to not look at spoilers, but is Krypt unlocked right now? Cause if not, it would seem to reason that Boon is teasing and Sektor/Cyrax are coming as on disc content. Then again, I haven't seen the gameplay and have no idea how complete their kits are.

Last edited:
I see lots of people saying Lui Kang is Fujin at the end of the trailer, but it seems like Raiden and Lui Kang did a DBZ fusion, or Raiden dies and transfers his power to him (can gods do that?).
I kind of get that feeling too (raiden dying and Liu Kang become Protector of Earthrealm). I haven't seen the story, but it just seems like a natural conclusion, no?

A few things to consider here. There were NPCs in MKX. It could mean nothing.

Shawn Kittelson is the writer of MK11. He also wrote MKX comic series in which Sheeva, Sektor and Cyrax featured. They could just be rehashing the story in game.

Boon has said after the backlash from MKX he wouldn't have NPCs in the game again, but he's also said he wouldn't have repeat DLC chars. So if that is Triborg he could effectively be ruled out? But if it's Sektor and Cyrax as separate chars TECHNICALLY they wouldn't be repeat DLC.

But Cyrax DEFINITELY has Triborg's VA. That could theoretically just be Cyrax's voice full time now, though.

So many questions. Which won't be answered 'til they announce who DLC is.

Also, to the people that have no self control and already know what happens, stop being edgelords and trying to spoil the story for other people. That shit is old as fuck.

But if it's Sektor and Cyrax as separate chars TECHNICALLY they wouldn't be repeat DLC.
But what was Triborg's purpose other than to add Sektor and Cyrax to the game with limited DLC slots? I can't see them adding either characters as DLC.

A few things to consider here. There were NPCs in MKX. It could mean nothing.

Shawn Kittelson is the writer of MK11. He also wrote MKX comic series in which Sheeva, Sektor and Cyrax featured. They could just be rehashing the story in game.

Boon has said after the backlash from MKX he wouldn't have NPCs in the game again, but he's also said he wouldn't have repeat DLC chars. So if that is Triborg he could effectively be ruled out? But if it's Sektor and Cyrax as separate chars TECHNICALLY they wouldn't be repeat DLC.

But Cyrax DEFINITELY has Triborg's VA. That could theoretically just be Cyrax's voice full time now, though.

So many questions. Which won't be answered 'til they announce who DLC is.

Also, to the people that have no self control and already know what happens, stop being edgelords and trying to spoil the story for other people. That shit is old as fuck.
You really sure it's the same VA? Didn't think it sounded like him.

"An MKX character could return as DLC in MK11, because Triborg was DLC for MKX after Sektor and Cyrax being in MK9."
-"No, because Triborg wasn't really Sektor or Cyrax, it's different!"

"So... Sektor and Cyrax could be DLC for MK11."
-"No, because Sektor and Cyrax were already in MKX through Triborg!"

Guys I dunno what to tell ya.

I played a lot of Triborg in MKX. He sounds very similar.
That's why I'm asking you too lol. He definitely sounds really similar but I don't think it's the same person.

I LOVE how this has become a situation of either "Boon is lying" or "Boon is lying." That's Ed, alright.
When was it that Boon said that? No, really. Everyone (including myself) remembers the quote really well, but I don't remember when it was exactly that he said that.

That was fucking hype.

Someone better make that closeup Raiden superman their profile pic

Is that Raiden and Liu Kang morphed together? FUSSSSSSIIIONNNNNN HAAAAAAAAAA

Edit: Fuse-jin finally made it in!

See you next week!

Last edited:
So I have been trying to not look at spoilers, but is Krypt unlocked right now? Cause if not, it would seem to reason that Boon is teasing and Sektor/Cyrax are coming as on disc content. Then again, I haven't seen the gameplay and have no idea how complete their kits are.
I have access to the krypt, and been playing it and unlocking stuff.

That song needs to be the BGM of the Tournament Stage. Make it happen, NRS!

Oh, and it would be a grave injustice to not have Sektor and Cyrax as DLC at this point. Those designs are the best they’ve ever had!

yeah, this it's how a very good hype promo video is made, NRS ! learn from that ! :p and fuck Sektor and Cyrax is they think they stand a chance against Scorpion and Sub-Zero working together ! :D

I kind of get that feeling too (raiden dying and Liu Kang become Protector of Earthrealm). I haven't seen the story, but it just seems like a natural conclusion, no?
Well, technically, there's two raidens in this story so... one could fuse with him and the other still be around (but the fusing would have to be done via future Raiden cause if past Raiden did it, future raiden and past raiden would cease to be... that'd suck, I love raiden lol)