What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 - game for idiots ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very controversial thread but in my opinion MK 11 is game for total idiots. I remember MK 9. That game needs a little skill. Combos wasn't so easy, matchups need some serious knowledge.
NRS made mistake and MKX was much easier game to learn. All you must to learn is be like a tank and attack all time and.....guess :)
Also some characters like Liu Kang were totally braindead (nobody plays that orb variation which needs some skill).

I remember when I try to learn character in MK 9. That cost me a little time and hard work in practice.

And what we have in MK 11 ?

• combos are totally easy. You don't care about timing or space. I have feeling that normals "suck" opponent character and don't let you drop. Do you remember Sonya combos in MK9 with instant dive kick ?
  • bar managment doesn't exist,
  • you don't need to choose wake up attack (all characters have two simple options)
  • in MK 9 I could use maybe 3-4 characters. In MK 11 I can play whole roster coz every character is MEGA EASY TO LEARN
  • some characters needs.....just two moves for win,
  • FB doesn't need any skill. Some of FB are so hard to react. Remember MK9 ? You coulnd't just press button coz X ray before activated had little glow animation. Opponent had little chance to react and block.
  • some mechanics are easier for low skill players - late time jk is + on block so everybody is jumping. Its very hard to AA. Remember MK9 ? Have you tried jump on Jax, Sonya, Kabal, Scorpion or Kenshi ? It was automatic punishment :)
So......

• MK 9 was perfect but it needs support and balanc patches
  • MKX was easier, faster, based on offence. Some matchups were totally unfair. 50/50 made that game much more easy
  • MK 11 is a game for total idiots. That game doesn't need any skill, mechanics are poor and even without MU knowledge you can win.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
Proof me I'm wrong.
"MK 11 is a game for total idiots. That game doesn't need any skill, mechanics are poor and even without MU knowledge you can win. "

enter the last chance qualifier and get the big pot. shouldnt be that hard for you based on your believe, right?

I know this thread is about "MK11 being for idiots" but I guarantee this thread will become "MK9, Injustice, MKX, MK11, etc. were all bad / and or for idiots" eventually.
NRS games are very easy. That's their biggest plus and....biggest minus. NRS tried to get more players but it always the same: big hype first and later.....game is dying very fast.

"MK 11 is a game for total idiots. That game doesn't need any skill, mechanics are poor and even without MU knowledge you can win. "

enter the last chance qualifier and get the big pot. shouldnt be that hard for you based on your believe, right?
And ? That is your argument for my post ? Go and win tournament ? But don't take thread title so serious. I have point that MK 11 is veeeeery easy game not it's players are idiots (I will better explain that) :)

Last edited:

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Yeah even your wife can play this game, it is just about guessing and Nrs should put more 3d Era characters to the roster. Same guy another New account. You never give up. Pity.

Yeah even your wife can play this game, it is just about guessing and Nrs should put more 3d Era characters to the roster. Same guy another New account. You never give up. Pity.
Do you really can't see difference between MK9 and MK11 ? MK9 has 8 years and was more challenging than MK11. I remember when I practiced Cyrax resets. Some of them need perfect timing. Maybe you didnt't play MK 9 coz you were a child. If you played that game you should understand what I'm talking about. After few 2 years after relase players discoverd new tech's etc.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I know this thread is about "MK11 being for idiots" but I guarantee this thread will become "MK9, Injustice, MKX, MK11, etc. were all bad / and or for idiots" eventually.
I was going to say just this.

Thing is, NRS only just started to nerf things like mid teleports and 9f mids in this game, previous games all had braindead bullshit and this one still has plenty.
People are traumatised. Includes me.

I was going to say just this.

Thing is, NRS only just started to nerf things like mid teleports and 9f mids in this game, previous games all had braindead bullshit and this one still has plenty.
People are traumatised. Includes me.
Let's force NRS to make MK9 remaster or huge ballance patch :) Many MK11 players didn't play MK9 so they don't know what I'm talking about. For them most badass and most skillfull action is d1 and throw :)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Let's force NRS to make MK9 remaster or huge ballance patch :) Many MK11 players didn't play MK9 so they don't know what I'm talking about. For them most badass and most skillfull action is d1 and throw :)
A lot of people liked mk9 but the problem is that the code and the engine is very dated.
It would be very hard work to do that and I'm not sure they'd want to.

Could ask some of the top players if they'd be interested, start a petition and see where it goes.

A lot of people liked mk9 but the problem is that the code and the engine is very dated.
It would be very hard work to do that and I'm not sure they'd want to.

Could ask some of the top players if they'd be interested, start a petition and see where it goes.
I will sign this with booth hand and legs. MK9 with balance, better net code and graphic will be wonderful game. No stupid variations, no stupid braindead moves, no shit mechanics, no unfair FB for free (you want do FB ?! then manage your bars!!).

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I will sign this with booth hand and legs. MK9 with balance, better net code and graphic will be wonderful game. No stupid variations, no stupid braindead moves, no shit mechanics, no unfair FB for free (you want do FB ?! then manage your bars!!).
MK9 by definition was a bit braindead tbh. But the lack of a variation system is a big plus, yes.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Making a statement like the game is for idiots is, in itself, idiotic. There are threads where you can discuss the game but I am 100% this will become a thread about people calling each other idiots since the OP already did that.

Thread closed. In the future, try to discuss the game without insulting anyone in such a childish manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.