What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 for Nintendo Switch Teaser from Nintendo Direct HD

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
That part with Raiden looks good on any version, the part where he's looking down then up.

MKF30

They just need to follow the example set by Dragon Ball FighterZ. It runs at 60fps but the detail and resolution are a bit lower than it's PS4/Xbox One counterparts. It looks good nonetheless.
Curious do you know what the Vita version of MK 9 ran on? That played perfect practically when I played my friends often. I think they can pull it off on the switch, guess we'll see but yeah I mean graphically they look very similar for sure but obviously I'm more concerned about the gameplay for sure.

Curious do you know what the Vita version of MK 9 ran on? That played perfect practically when I played my friends often. I think they can pull it off on the switch, guess we'll see but yeah I mean graphically they look very similar for sure but obviously I'm more concerned about the gameplay for sure.

Vita ran at 60 fps. They had to reduce the graphics to achieve that

Jolt

Uprise
On the flipside, the Injustice Vita port was absolutely garbage. I was fine with the performance of MK9 Vita (despite it being mega ugly). So I'm really hoping they take that route

MKF30

This game won't run at 30. MK9 and IGAU ran at 60 on Vita, and the Switch is decidedly more powerful than that system.

SNK Heroines runs at 30 because it's a trash game.
Thanks for the info. Funny that game was mentioned cause I was going to buy it but read up about it and watched vids, changed my mind lol. Was looking at other fighters for switch, that could be played more competitive or casually.

Thanks for the info, that's right the graphics didn't look quite as sharp as the console versions but I think most would oversee that once you start playing. Kind of reminds me of the mobile versions of MK and Injustice kind of.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
This game won't run at 30. MK9 and IGAU ran at 60 on Vita, and the Switch is decidedly more powerful than that system.

SNK Heroines runs at 30 because it's a trash game.
Then they will reduce the detail. The Switch has many limitations. I know, because I have one and the games that are multi-platform clearly are not detailed or, run at a lower framerate. I'm being realistic, not a hater. Trust me, I love my Switch, but it's no PS4 or Xbox One.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
They reduced the texture quality and the resolution to run at 60fps. It looks fine on a small screen. But it looks bad if you run it on a monitor.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Expect the Switch version to run at 30fps unless they drastically reduce the detail in the game. Even a game as simple as SNK Heroines only runs at 30fps.
They wouldnt put it on switch if it didnt run the same. I dont care about graphics as long as its plays identical on all consoles. Mobile MK11, what a time to be alive

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
They wouldnt put it on switch if it didnt run the same. I dont care about graphics as long as its plays identical on all consoles. Mobile MK11, what a time to be alive
Good! I'm on board with mobile MK11! I just know what to expect from my Switch. It does a great job all things considered. I just won't be playing MK11 docked on the big screen. That's what my Xbox One X or PC are for.

I tested DBFZ on the Switch vs the PS4 and Xbox One versions (I have all three due to competition). You can clearly see how much detail was removed. It still looks good, though. I was surprised by that. SNK Heroines on the other hand runs slower and has a tad less detail than the PS4 version. They should have taken some details out and let it run at 60fps.