What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 first rumors

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
mkxl1.jpg

The volume has been getting turned up more and more from these first supposed rumors of Mortal Kombat 11 details. These rumors first appeared on the internet through various source(s) about a month ago in late August. So, in other words... this rumor is not new but it's been growing legs lately and making it's way deeper across the web.

Below in the spoiler tag are the details of this rumor. The content contains character names and supposed story-line details, so enter at your own discretion.
Do you remember that years ago we had some information about the development of Mortal Kombat? Well, this source, with the arrival of Warner Bros stopped talking, for fear of losing his job.

I have had the opportunity to talk briefly with this person and fleetingly has left me some details of what is being developed conceptually. He has made comments on sketches made so far for MK11.

Are you ready? In summary:

- Characters that will return (without any doubt): Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden.

- Rumored characters (there are sketches of them): Onaga, Blaze, Taven, Daegon, Kano, Li Mei, Noob Saibot, Bo Rai Cho, Johnny Cage, Shang Tsung, Jade, Cassie Cage, Jacqui Briggs, Frost, Kenshi, Kotal Kahn, Jax - some of these characters added to the quote from the Shoryuken source**

- Rumored story: early rumors suggest that Mortal Kombat 11 will include the saga of Onaga and Blaze in a single game, in the same way that Mortal Kombat X included that of Shinnok and Quan Chi. However, this initial information points out that the evil that our heroes will face on this occasion will not come from other kingdoms ...
leak.png

Sources: Mortal-Kombat.org, Shoryuken
edited by STORMS*

Last edited by a moderator:

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
I feel like I'm the only person who liked Variations from MKXL. If they only had 2 Variations per character and each was vastly different, I feel like it could really 1. Increase the playability of that character and thereby the game, since you don't just have 1 moveset and you're done like Injustice 2, and 2. Provide a lot less of "I have to go and learn this character so I can counterpick this character" stuff like what's in Injustice right now. I also just found Variations fun, especially since you could go and learn all 3 Variations of the character, and therefore have 3 different interpretations of the character and different abilities to help you in certain matches. Idk, I wish Variations would become an MK Staple kinda like how Fatalities already are.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I know everyone has their own taste, but if-

"- Rumored characters (there are sketches of them): Onaga, Blaze, Taven, Daegon.

- Rumored story: early rumors suggest that Mortal Kombat 11 will include the saga of Onaga and Blaze in a single game"

turns out to be true and that's the direction of MK11, it would probably kill it for me.

trufenix

bye felicia
remember when this was mortal kombat x and they had to include reiko and fujin and jarek and all the mk4 character cause it was just a retelling?

Criticism: "NRS games have no longevity!"

4 months into an awesome NRS game: "SO WUT DO U GUIZ HOPE THE NEXT NRS GAME GONNA HAVE?"
As much as I dont like it, there's nothing wrong with it. This a discussion board after all and there are a lot of people who don't like Injustice.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
These rumors sound like horseshit. Those characters are so forgettable, I can't imagine any of them being included.

Let me guess....your "connection" at NRS also named Hsu Hao as the main character, too.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Onaga coming back will be sick. I can only imagine how much better a redesigned version him could be.

Taven and Daegon could be cool too. Idk wtf to do with Blaze though lol

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
I feel like I'm the only person who liked Variations from MKXL. If they only had 2 Variations per character and each was vastly different, I feel like it could really 1. Increase the playability of that character and thereby the game, since you don't just have 1 moveset and you're done like Injustice 2, and 2. Provide a lot less of "I have to go and learn this character so I can counterpick this character" stuff like what's in Injustice right now. I also just found Variations fun, especially since you could go and learn all 3 Variations of the character, and therefore have 3 different interpretations of the character and different abilities to help you in certain matches. Idk, I wish Variations would become an MK Staple kinda like how Fatalities already are.
I loved variations, I felt it was easier to balance the game because the source of the problem can be detected alot easier and overall it just felt like it had much more replayablity and things to learn. With the way Injustice 2 is going I am already burnt out and am having a hard time finding a reason to continue playing. This game is a shit show of do you have projectiles or not and with the mb roll be ass for most of the cast, most projectiles being very or wide mids, and the lack of teleports make this game very dull fast. I am all for zoning. I play zoners usually but this is ridiculous. TBH, I feel nrs does better with variations cause they have shown that they arent great at balancing characters with full kits.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Onaga Blaze Daegon Taven

If those 4 names don't get you excited then idk what will.

....quite possibly the most boring characters ever in a MK game. While we're at it let's include Kai and Jarek
Daegon wasn't that bad. The others, I hope they're story fodder.
Just have D cut Taven into thirds with those broadswords. End of Taven.

Make the other two unplayable bosses if you have to put them in.
Have #8 on the ladder be super strong Havik, and 9 and 10 will be either Blaze or Onaga, or 9 will be Blaze and/or Onaga like Goro/Kintaro in MK9, and #10 is your absolute big bad, whoever that is.

I'm still sure the theme of this game is gonna be Chaos VS Order.
They built the fuck up out of that story, but then Armageddon happened and nothing ever came of it.
My guess is someone evil ended up in Chaosrealm and infected the Tempest (remember the big glowing thing that all the shit in the realm is shattered around) like they tried to do in Earthrealm.
But Earthrealm was just a realm. Chaosrealm has a distinct purpose, same as the Netherrealm and Seido.
If you destroy what little order there is there, then EVERYTHING becomes chaos.

I always wondered who Havik has been clericing for all this time.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Criticism: "NRS games have no longevity!"

4 months into an awesome NRS game: "SO WUT DO U GUIZ HOPE THE NEXT NRS GAME GONNA HAVE?"
In fairness here, not everyone is particularly interested in Injustice. I picked up Injustice 2 thinking I would like it, but I only ended up playing it for two weeks before moving on.

I'm not a NRS fanboy, but I like MK (since MK1). I come to this MK site primarily to hear about MK strangely enough.

In fairness here, not everyone is particularly interested in Injustice. I picked up Injustice 2 thinking I would like it, but I only ended up playing it for two weeks before moving on.

I'm not a NRS fanboy, but I like MK (since MK1). I come to this MK site primarily to hear about MK strangely enough.
Same exact case with me, I also bought inj2 thinking id like it but also lost interest after 2 weeks and ultimately dropped it after a month. Also these threads are good because it reminds me and the many Mk fans that one day we'll get mk11. And that date can't come soon enough.