What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 "Suspected" Roster So Far

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
I'm sure I will be wrong but I would like to see the following:
Keep: Liu Kang, Scorpion, Takeda, Cassie, Jacqui, Kung Jin, Kotal Kahn, D'vorah, Sub-Zero, & Raiden. (In the main storyline)
Remove: Reptile, Sonya, Johnny, Kenshi, Jax, Ermac & Kano (maybe in storyline and keep them as NPC's)
Add: Jade, Ashrah, Frost, Havik, Reiko, & Drahmin.
One of the most disgusting things I've ever read.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I like the guy! I just think he needs a little more oomph to get that really positive fan response. (There will always be trolls who are mad he's gay, but they can stay mad lmao)
Honestly I think part of the disconnect with Kung Jin is that he fought like an old man in MKX, but that wasn't the vibe of his character design at all. His animation and the way he swung the staff was a bit wonky, which you'd expect if he had a Shun Di or Gen-aged character design.

Contrast that with Takeda who had the kind of slick-looking movements you'd expect from a young modern-styled character.

Anyway, I think if they changed that up Kung Jin could be even more popular as a character.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Imo the sound of smacking someone with the bo just sounded so stupid but some people do like the sound, he is an archer who’s arrow projectile sucks, his most interesting variation wasn’t that good (the archery one), bojutsu was smacking people with the bo which just felt awkward, and shaolin was the shakram. Meanwhile all of Takeda’s sound effects and animations were sick as hell

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Honestly I think part of the disconnect with Kung Jin is that he fought like an old man in MKX, but that wasn't the vibe of his character design at all. His animation and the way he swung the staff was a bit wonky, which you'd expect if he had a Shun Di or Gen-aged character design.

Contrast that with Takeda who had the kind of slick-looking movements you'd expect from a young modern-styled character.

Anyway, I think if they changed that up Kung Jin could be even more popular as a character.
Agreed. I think if they gave him a flashier costume and went for a slick wuxia movie sort of style for him (plus more cool archery stuff) he could really be popular, but his staff moveset felt more like... well, a Bo' Rai Cho type, honestly.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main

Imo the sound of smacking someone with the bo just sounded so stupid but some people do like the sound, he is an archer who’s arrow projectile sucks, his most interesting variation wasn’t that good (the archery one), bojutsu was smacking people with the bo which just felt awkward, and shaolin was the shakram. Meanwhile all of Takeda’s sound effects and animations were sick as hell
Agreed. I think if they gave him a flashier costume and went for a slick wuxia movie sort of style for him (plus more cool archery stuff) he could really be popular, but his staff moveset felt more like... well, a Bo' Rai Cho type, honestly.
This all makes sense.

Shaolin variation was actually aesthetically beautiful to me. The corner combos, the fluidity of the combos, the up kick, the motion of the low chakram. But yeah the high damage Ancestral combos felt clunky, Bojutsu didnt feel special neither. But that b12~low chakram Kreygasm or b21~low chakram omg

Gamer68

Fujin!
There are so many characters that make sense to be in this game, it's crazy:
  • Characters (re)Introduced in MKX: Almost all of these make sense to be back (except for maybe Ferra/Torr), it wouldn't make sense to cut most of these since they were just introduced, but some of them are also needed for the story, like Cassie and Kotal Kahn for an example. Then there are characters they brought back as DLC. Bo' Rai Cho could make sense in the story (see: his arcade ending), Tanya could too.
  • Fighters from MK9 and MKX: Characters like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Liu Kang, and Kitana pretty much need to be in because of the story. Kung Lao and Reptile have already been kinda leaked. Then there are "parent" characters (Johnny, Sonya, Jax, etc), and while I think these could be cut because they have before, they are also very popular so maybe at least one or two will stay?
  • Cuts from MK9 to MKX: Since timelines seem to be involved there is no reason why any of the characters that died in MK9 couldn't be back. Jade, Noob, Smoke, Sindel, Kabal, Shang Tsung, etc. Chances are they introduced the timeline thingy simply because of that reason: so they could bring back certain fighters. So some of these almost HAVE to be in.
  • 3D-Era Fighters: The current timeline should be around the time Deadly Alliance/Deception was happening. And characters like Fujin have been highly requested. Then they did some 3D characters as DLC for MKX and it was pretty successful (a lot of people seemed to have liked Tanya's redesign). There's kinda no reason why we wouldn't get at least a couple of these, especially because I doubt they would want to repeat MKX and MK9 rosters over and over again.
  • NEW Fighters: Already confirmed. And yes, plural.
Then variations are back, and this time with customization. So how are they going to be able to balance all of this? I would say that maybe they are reusing a lot of moves from MKX, but judging by the screenshots Scorpion and Raiden seem to be using new moves plus that NRS dev mentioned how almost everything you saw in the CG trailer could be done in the actual game (so Raiden may be able to use his staff now, for an example).

We are either getting a normal-sized NRS game but with the most diverse roster yet, or we are getting a game bigger than MK9 and MKX.

I don't want to get my hopes up and I'm expecting the worst, but I'm going to take a bet and say that this game will launch with 30+ characters.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
There are so many characters that make sense to be in this game, it's crazy:
  • Characters (re)Introduced in MKX: Almost all of these make sense to be back (except for maybe Ferra/Torr), it wouldn't make sense to cut most of these since they were just introduced, but some of them are also needed for the story, like Cassie and Kotal Kahn for an example. Then there are characters they brought back as DLC. Bo' Rai Cho could make sense in the story (see: his arcade ending), Tanya could too.
  • Fighters from MK9 and MKX: Characters like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Liu Kang, and Kitana pretty much need to be in because of the story. Kung Lao and Reptile have already been kinda leaked. Then there are "parent" characters (Johnny, Sonya, Jax, etc), and while I think these could be cut because they have before, they are also very popular so maybe at least one or two will stay?
  • Cuts from MK9 to MKX: Since timelines seem to be involved there is no reason why any of the characters that died in MK9 couldn't be back. Jade, Noob, Smoke, Sindel, Kabal, Shang Tsung, etc. Chances are they introduced the timeline thingy simply because of that reason: so they could bring back certain fighters. So some of these almost HAVE to be in.
  • 3D-Era Fighters: The current timeline should be around the time Deadly Alliance/Deception was happening. And characters like Fujin have been highly requested. Then they did some 3D characters as DLC for MKX and it was pretty successful (a lot of people seemed to have liked Tanya's redesign). There's kinda no reason why we wouldn't get at least a couple of these, especially because I doubt they would want to repeat MKX and MK9 rosters over and over again.
  • NEW Fighters: Already confirmed. And yes, plural.
Then variations are back, and this time with customization. So how are they going to be able to balance all of this? I would say that maybe they are reusing a lot of moves from MKX, but judging by the screenshots Scorpion and Raiden seem to be using new moves plus that NRS dev mentioned how almost everything you saw in the CG trailer could be done in the actual game (so Raiden may be able to use his staff now, for an example).

We are either getting a normal-sized NRS game but with the most diverse roster yet, or we are getting a game bigger than MK9 and MKX.

I don't want to get my hopes up and I'm expecting the worst, but I'm going to take a bet and say that this game will launch with 30+ characters.

Possible 45 chars

31 basic ones
+
14 DLCS

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Hello TYM, its been a while.

So fucking MK11 was announced yesterday so I'm doing the same thing I did for Injustice 2 and putting the characters as they get revealed on this list.

Characters will be labeled as "Confirmed" or "Light Confirmed", the latter meaning there were hints that they may be in the game via NetherRealm twitch streams, leaked rosters, interviews, twitter posts, etc.

If you see any sort of hint or confirm that I missed out on, please notify me in the comments!

LEGEND:
** - Confirmed
* - Light Confirm

Confirmed Roster:
Raiden** - Similar to his dark look in MK Deception (MK11 Reveal)
Scorpion** - The Hellspawn returns as the face of the franchise (MK11 Reveal)
Shao Kahn** - the Ruler of Outworld is the preorder DLC, similar to Goro and Darkseid. (MK11 Reveal)
MYSTERY WOMAN*- No, that's not a really bad character name...its the lady teased at the end of MK11 Reveal trailer. I'm putting "light confirm" because whether she is playable or not is not confirmed...but she obviously exists. (MK11 Reveal)
I doubt it since neither one of The Boss characters in the last two Mortal Kombat were playable meaning Shao Kahn and corrupted Shinnok

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I don't fucking care about the leaks or the rumours or anything else. Just bring me Sub Zero and Fujin and I'll be fine. Heck, bring out Frost.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
So let’s say there is 31 characters at launch, this is who I want, I’ll include Shao Kahn as part of the 31 and assume bald lady is playable just because:

1. Scorpion (already revealed)
2. Raiden (same)
3. Bald lady (same)
4. Shao Kahn (same)
5. Sub-Zero
6. Tremor
7. Sektor
8. Cyrax
9. Human Smoke
10. Noob
11. Kitana
12. Kung Lao
13. Liu Kang
14. Johnny Cage
15. Takeda
16. Kenshi
17. Jax
18. Reptile
19. Ermac
20. Kotal Kahn
21. D’Vorah
22. Erron Black
23. Cassie Cage
24. Sindel
25. Fujin
26. Rain
27. Mileena
28. Nightwolf
29. Shang Tsung
30. Skarlet
31. Jade

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
So let’s say there is 31 characters at launch, this is who I want, I’ll include Shao Kahn as part of the 31 and assume bald lady is playable just because:

1. Scorpion (already revealed)
2. Raiden (same)
3. Bald lady (same)
4. Shao Kahn (same)
5. Sub-Zero
6. Tremor
7. Sektor
8. Cyrax
9. Human Smoke
10. Noob
11. Kitana
12. Kung Lao
13. Liu Kang
14. Johnny Cage
15. Takeda
16. Kenshi
17. Jax
18. Reptile
19. Ermac
20. Kotal Kahn
21. D’Vorah
22. Erron Black
23. Cassie Cage
24. Sindel
25. Fujin
26. Rain
27. Mileena
28. Nightwolf
29. Shang Tsung
30. Skarlet
31. Jade
I really lean with the idea that Johnny, Sonya, Jax, and Kenshi being NPCs and the story focus more on their children.

So replace them with Kung Jin, Jacqui, new characters and some from Deception I could see replacing Tremor, robo ninjas, and Mileena.