What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 coming to Google Stadia

C-Sword

Noob
Confirmed by IGN

• Bandai Namco - Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
  • Bethesda - DOOM Eternal, DOOM 2016, Rage 2, The Elder Scrolls Online, Wolfenstein: Youngblood
  • Bungie - Destiny 2
  • Capcom
  • Coatsink - Get Packed
  • Codemasters - GRID
  • Deep Silver - Metro Exodus
  • Drool-Thumper
  • Electronic Arts
  • Giants Software - Farming Simulator 19
  • Larian Studios - Baldur’s Gate 3
  • nWay Games - Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
  • Rockstar
  • Sega - Football Manager
  • SNK - Samurai Shodown
  • Square Enix - Final Fantasy XV - Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  • 2K - N BA 2K, Borderlands 3
  • Tequila Works - Gylt
  • Warner Bros - Mortal Kombat 11
  • THQ - Darksiders Genesis
  • Ubisoft - Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Trials Rising, The Crew 2

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm sure NRS will patch the lag issue, to assume they won't is dumb. But I'll stick to the game on Xbox and Switch.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
We still aren't ready for something like Stadia in the UK. The infrastructure just isn't in place for it across the nation and it won't be any time soon - not with the UK being too focused on implementing the disastrous self harm that is Brexit.

Cool to see MK11 going on it though.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Lots of fighting games in that list. I don't see how it will be possible to play a streaming fighting game without massive input delay...

I'll reserve judgement but I'm extremely skeptical.

We still aren't ready for something like Stadia in the UK. The infrastructure just isn't in place for it across the nation and it won't be any time soon - not with the UK being too focused on implementing the disastrous self harm that is Brexit.

Cool to see MK11 going on it though.
This is true for much of the US as well -- urban and suburban areas tend to have easy access to high-speed cable and some markets even fiber optic, but rural areas often have to rely on satellite internet.

Lots of fighting games in that list. I don't see how it will be possible to play a streaming fighting game without massive input delay...

I'll reserve judgement but I'm extremely skeptical.
It's definitely an interesting set. Several fighting games, as well as other twitch-reaction games like Darksiders that you wouldn't want to suffer through with input lag.

Mint

too weird to live, too rare to die
I'm not really up on the Stadia. Would this be on the pc servers? Or it's own separate thing?

I'm not really up on the Stadia. Would this be on the pc servers? Or it's own separate thing?
It depends, that's probably the path of least resistance. Functionally speaking, there's not that much that's difficult about doing cross-play between platforms from a gameplay perspective -- the messages you're sending regarding player state, inputs, and actions are platform agnostic. The problem is getting all the account info from their platform services, and getting the companies to allow you to do it legally. I don't know how Nintendo/Microsoft/Sony view the Stadia, if they consider it competition or not, and if they would be more or less amenable to cross-play with it.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I'm sceptical about Stadia.. oneLive or w/e it was called was a disaster.... but I REALLY hope it works. Moving processing and rendering to supercomputer rendering farms and just getting a stream link is amazing and I really hope it gets working at some point.

I am sure there is going to be a lot of issues, but google has the cash to ride though the development of this technology.. and the basic idea of it is awesome.

I'm not sure that it will work for twitch gaming... but I think it will be great for solo and trun based kind of stuff. I mean games like that new one Cuberpunk.. or God of War or w/e is perfect fot this system as it dose not matter as much as a competitive game like MK.

Do not get me wrong, I think Stadia is probably beyond the technological level, unless Google has some secret tech that is part of the launch, but all in all I think it is a fantastic idea and I hope it works well enough that it stays in development.

Not having to constantly buy hardware would be amazing. I mean imagine what games would look like if they didn't need to run on home systems

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Oh look, a new console! and its defining features arent even available at launch. They should just refine it a bit. Why would anyone purchase a Stadia offering old games at 60 dollars, Chromecast Ultra non functional at launch. Furthermore, to have a solid experience, you need fast internet with an ISP not capping bandwith and solid hardware.

I do see the appeal in the long run - but at launch? It's a very niche market. VERY NICHE

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The game already sold insanely well, WB dont even need the Google sales. I predict this will be the worst version of the game.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Cavemold comin in with that triple post as always.

Anyway, Stadia is trash. 100% not worth it, especially for a fighting game