What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 Animations

Samsara

Resident Cynic
The animations look more deliberate and less frenetic. I think the 'slower' nature of the game underscored it.

Facial rigging looks wonky on Sonya's but besides that I have no complaints. It's a real technical achievement.

I WILL say that I dislike a lot of the fx and style for Sub. Some of his ICE moves look a bit overlarge and hokey. Less elegant than MKX. His back throw and ex slide look especially cartoonish. Swords replaced with These garrish axes.That's just a personal gripe though.

Best animated NRS title hands down.

Last edited:

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
The best NRS has done to date, for sure.
In the hour or whatever of gameplay footage I've seen, I literally can't remember a single animation that made me say "that's not really how a person would have moved." The difference between MK11 animations and the next best is like the difference between Inj2 facial animations and MKX's.

If you want a fighting game where people look like they're actually beating the shit out of each other, nothing else comes close.

SINGH E

Noob
The animation has definitely improved compared to past games. I've seen Scorpion and Baraka actually pivot and move their torsos when they punch.

You never really saw that in past games, they would just throw their limbs out with no movement from their core, it looked awkward and in reality, you wouldn't generate any power moving like that lol.

MK11 looks miles better in terms of both graphics and animation compared to MKX and MK9. Looking forward to playing it.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Overall big improvements. Only exception so far for me is Baraka. I don't like a number of his animations which are copied from MKX

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
There is a breakdown on twitter and they actually improved a lot since MKX, just look up for it.
May I ask for a link? :)

I really enjoyed watching the new animations. Especially the idle stances look awesome without any weird subtle bellydancing.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
They do seem to look much better than in past games, but there's still some room for tweaking and improvement. But the game overall looks beautiful, imo.