Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Learn about:
Shallowed Jumps Kicks
Deep Jump Kicks
Risk/Reward system of Jump Ins
Trip Guard Punishing

Also a pumping question which we can generate some discussion around it
In MK11, the Jump Kicks lakes longer to start compared to previous titles, having 9f kicks and possible 10f (didn't check) sure as hell is much better than 6f jump kicks with 15 active frames, which was a model we had in MK10 and i totally hated.

But all and all, i want to know what do you guys think, do you still see Jump kicks as strong and stupid like the MKX days or they have been slightly weaker?

My take on it, i think currently for the most part they don't feel OP, but some do still feel abusable to a certain extent, but not intolerable has it was in MKXL where Scorpion, KL just to name a few, could jump all they way up with a 6f kick and still hit you on the way down.

However i do expect the consistency to improve later on in the game, with either someone tries a shallowed jump, a shallowed jump range its all he is going to get, and if he tries a deep jump kick and doesn't get jabbed, then he deserves all its rewards, this definitely possible, though i'm sure there is still exists a gray area there.

Discuss

They're absolutely still dumb, some more than others.
My favorite though is when they neutral jump on your(or their) wake up, so now they are literally as directly in line with a D2 hitbox as can possibly be, and still clean beat godlike D2s like Liu and Baraka with a 95+% consistency
Outside of that, you're simply not AA'ing one like Kitana, Sub, or KL with a jab at anything other than the tip of their foot before it just whiffs. The hitboxes are just too dumb.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
They're absolutely still dumb, some more than others.
My favorite though is when they neutral jump on your(or their) wake up, so now they are literally as directly in line with a D2 hitbox as can possibly be, and still clean beat godlike D2s like Liu and Baraka with a 95+% consistency
Outside of that, you're simply not AA'ing one like Kitana, Sub, or KL with a jab at anything other than the tip of their foot before it just whiffs. The hitboxes are just too dumb.
Yes, you can't definitely expect to AA them with the part of the shouldler, however adjusting hitboxes to be more coerent might actually solve the problem.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I still blow so badly at AA's. I feel like once I hit ONE clean AA into a combo the rest will start pouring in like a waterfall.

I got my first air-to-air combo a couple weeks ago and now it's semi-regular occurance. AA's and throw teching are like huge glaring weaknessess in my D.
It's frustrating how easy it is to lab an AA with a simple S1 and BOOM. lol

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I still blow so badly at AA's. I feel like once I hit ONE clean AA into a combo the rest will start pouring in like a waterfall.

I got my first air-to-air combo a couple weeks ago and now it's semi-regular occurance. AA's and throw teching are like huge glaring weaknessess in my D.
It's frustrating how easy it is to lab an AA with a simple S1 and BOOM. lol
The game doesn't regist them sadly.
There is a bunch of things you can check with player status, anti-airs isn't one of them.