What's new

Mortal Kombat 11 – Official Kombat League Announce Trailer

Mortal Kombat 11 (MK11) has risen to be one of the most popular games in the world following its release, as many members of the game's community are working to improve their skills and become the very best Mortal Kombat 11 players they can be. It is no secret that playing against tougher opponents will help players become better themselves, and the newly announced MK11 Kombat League is looking to be the avenue for players to do this. If you are curious about what the MK11 ranked league entails, be sure to check out all of the recently revealed information about the new Mortal Kombat 11 league game mode below.

Mortal Kombat 11 – Official Kombat League Announce Trailer

Mortal Kombat 11 (MK11) has risen to be one of the most popular games in the world following its release, as many members of the game's community are working to improve their skills and become the very best Mortal Kombat 11 players they can be. It is no secret that playing against tougher opponents will help players become better themselves, and the newly announced MK11 Kombat League is looking to be the avenue for players to do this. If you are curious about what the MK11 ranked league entails, be sure to check out all of the recently revealed information about the new Mortal Kombat 11 league game mode below.

Mortal Kombat 11 (MK11) Kombat League

The new game mode for entry 11 in the fighting game franchise was officially revealed by the franchise's co-creator of Ed Boon in a video posted to his Twitter account on Monday, June 17th.

According to the video posted by Ed Boon, the MK11 ranked League will allow each mortal player to compete against other players in various ranks that start at the level of Apprentice and progress all of the way to the level of Elder God beginning on Tuesday, June 18th. This first season for the MK11 ranked League will be known as the Season of Blood and will be a four week long seasonal ranked mode where players will be able to test their skills against players of the same skill level. Wins in the ranked sets will earn players points. Each ranked set in the Mortal Kombat 11 ranked game mode will be a best two out of three.

There will be a total of nine ranks that players can progress through. Players will be rewarded with exclusive cosmetic items each time they move up a rank in the Mortal Kombat 11 league game mode. You will be rewarded with the cosmetic items from the highest rank you achieved in each season even if you drop down in rank by the conclusion of the current season. There will also be a variety of challenges players can complete in each season of the MK11 ranked league that will award even more rewards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

the real question is does everyone get those color swaps, or is it just for the ones shown. I'll only complain if I can only grind skins for characters i don't even play

This makes me excited on the PC side of things. Getting games isn't horrible, but I'm pretty sure our player base is much smaller than our console brethren. Maybe this will make me stop being lazy and start trying to improve.

the real question is does everyone get those color swaps, or is it just for the ones shown. I'll only complain if I can only grind skins for characters i don't even play
Obviously in this season it's just 4 skins for 4 characters showed in the trailer.

Kitana, Skarlet and Erron are rank rewards and Scorpion skin is reward for completing all the quests. It's like a Battle Pass just more frustrating and with shitty rewards.

While I'm sure there's some, I doubt that's completely true. I still remember people who did play Ladder in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne complaining about the top portraits and how it would take too many wins to get them.

Heck, I never got them for my own Race, but never expected to. Was damn proud of that Doom Guard I earned from Tournament match wins though.
yeah, mortal kombat players aren't Warcraft 3 players and NRS isn't going to make the skins so prestigious you gotta be the #1 to get them. These guys probably have 0/0/0 records on wifi connections and haven't even unlocked frost yet cause its too much work.

yeah, mortal kombat players aren't Warcraft 3 players and NRS isn't going to make the skins so prestigious you gotta be the #1 to get them. These guys probably have 0/0/0 records on wifi connections and haven't even unlocked frost yet cause its too much work.
Ha, fair!

i just hope its not like in the normal ranked mode where you are forced to play against 120+ wifi people.
either add a filter or let people decline everyone (no player info beside the ping/wifi/wired should be shown then)

I dont understand why ppl are complaining about exclusivity in ranked.

Ppl who play competition need an incentive to do so. This is good progress. Best ranked players get the best ranked rewards. Its quite possibly the most fair thing in the world.

Having said that, I'd would rather have actually had unique skins that weren't just re-colours. Skins in this game are incredibly bland OR overdesigned garbage and hopefully we get more exciting skins in the future (classic ninja pack is boring imo, need to step it up).

Having said all this, I'm still not coming back until NRS adds a character I want to play. Character crisis is real in mk11

So does it start tonight at midnight?

Also lol to anyone bitching avout exclusive skins. It's a reward for doing well, you're not entitled to it. There are plenty of other participantion awards for you in MK11

Buying this game for two systems was the dumbest fucking mistake. I’m a grown-ass man. I don’t have time to grind this nonsense on one system, much less two. This entire tiered system essentially forces you to focus on one console if you care about your rank and rewards. Everything about their kustomization system, krypt, and now this new ranked system seems very poorly thought out. They are literally disincentivizing (is that a word?) their customers from buying multiple copies of their game. Someone at NRS or WB is smoking that devil’s lettuce. Probably the same person who hired fucking QLoc to handle the port, again.

Buying this game for two systems was the dumbest fucking mistake. I’m a grown-ass man. I don’t have time to grind this nonsense on one system, much less two. This entire tiered system essentially forces you to focus on one console if you care about your rank and rewards. Everything about their kustomization system, krypt, and now this new ranked system seems very poorly thought out. They are literally disincentivizing (is that a word?) their customers from buying multiple copies of their game. Someone at NRS or WB is smoking that devil’s lettuce. Probably the same person who hired fucking QLoc to handle the port, again.
Shh.. Fanboys will hear you. I hated inj2 for this, and its worse now. At least its a good fighting game, but its a dumpster baby of a weird rpg and a laughable looter shooter.

It’s just a reward for playing online instead of offline. Something that people who really only play online asked for. How is this considered more of something you have to grind for than the single player content? At least you can actually play the game against other people to unlock stuff. The problem is y’all are looking at it like “I’m gonna have to grind ranked mode to unlock these skins”, instead of “oh cool, I can unlock skins as I play ranked as I would anyway and unlock skins naturally as a bonus”.

I think this is pretty cool, not sure what people are bitching about. We have a proper ranking system finally, and the rewards are just an extra. I don't think any other fighter has cosmetic rewards based on online rank. I also like that if you get demoted, you still get the rewards for whatever the highest rank was that you reached.

I want to see what my man Shao Kahn looks like in that color scheme.
Pick a blue colored skin and press options instead of X in the character select screen. Thank me later

Here are some issues with rewarding exclusive skins by tier:
  • The system is designed to fill out the 9 tiers. Everyone can't just "get good" and rise to the God tiers, because the bar for the low levels will just rise as people get better.
  • It prevents the young, the old, and the physically and mentally challenged from getting "the coolest stuff", even if they paid $100 or $140 for the game after KP2.
  • IMO it will make the mode too competitive. Who will want to play their secondaries or play for fun when every loss will take you further away from the top rewards? And then obviously people losing to "gimmicks" or hitboxes or OP characters will be complaining even more loudly, and rightly so, since they're actually losing out on things now.
  • I also think it's ridiculous to lock any gameplay moves to challenges in a season, like the brutality icon in the video. "Oh you bought MK11 3 months after it was out? Sorry, this awesome brutality for your main is gone forever."
I would've greatly preferred the Fortnite route where you get XP for playing and everyone can get all of the rewards.
But hey, I'm a noob. Don't @ me. :)

Edit: I just had a good idea though: everyone with multiple console accounts should go on KL and lose with those accounts so we can fill out the bottom tiers with non-players. :D
This is so laughable it's ridiculous.

• Why not? Because they're lazy? I haven't played a MK or NRS game since MK9 back in '11ish since I moved on to shooter games. Coming back I knew I had homework to do. It matters what you do with your game time to determine if you want to be good or not.
  • "The coolest stuff" is an opinion. Some find it worth it, some don't. Some skins are locked under ??? which means that as far as we know, are only available to the top 5% of one week in ToT grinding. With 25chars with about 2 ??? skins each. It means chances are the one week that you are more busy than usual or not at home to grind towers (even if it's the AI) means that the next chance you might have an opportunity to get said skin is next year. Are you going to say that it's not fair for people who don't play the game at a dedicated level? Very few perfectionists will unlock everything anytime soon or at all. That whole "young, old or challenged" argument is just weird and really isn't relevant... those demographics have and can play as well as others and there's nothing to say how hard or easy it is to advance. please stop.
  • Yah man, because it's a league mode. You can play gimmicks and secondaries in Kasual mode, Rooms, KOTH, Private matches etc. You have over twice the options to play that but you think people are also going to want to do it in the one mode that is designed for people to take it seriously?
  • Uh... if they bought it 3 months out I doubt they're that dedicated to the game and if they really care about it that much, they would have or already bought it. Similar to your FortNite experience. Guess what if you didn't buy the season pass last year you can't get certain skins ever again. It's part of the business to entice people to play it NOW instead of whenever it's $10 and someone wants a whiff at all the content.
If you're that bad at the game and have no interest in improving that's 100% on you. It's just kosmetics and visuals anyways and has no impact on the game itself. Not sure why these kasual players are crying because their Noob Saibot AI crutch is finally going to get exposed that they have to play on their own to acquire the content. This game was 99% locked behind Single Player content. it's been 2 months to learn the game. Adapt or get locked out of the content. Simple.

if you're not here to take a more serious ranked mode seriously then just don't play it. I'm sure there are plenty of other skins you haven't gotten yet. tekken does this where only if you reach certain ranks you get exclusive icons and title cards. then there are the people that say they don't plan at all on buying mk day 1. they'll just wait for the super hyper fighting gold extra large comes with everything edition. they couldn't stay ahead of the curve so their loss. most of them probably don't even care because they just waited for all the characters.

Pick a blue colored skin and press options instead of X in the character select screen. Thank me later
Yeah, I know about the alternate colored skins. Doing this won't make them look like the ones in the OP, though. Also, most of Shao Kahn's skins just turn sort of brown when you hit start to select them.