What's new

Mortal Kombat 11’s feature that is will make it unique?

A rather straightforward and short question/topic. Every current NRS game has had something that set it apart from the previous installments (variations, gear system, additional knicks and knacks). Do you think the variation system will return? Will they implement the gear system from IJ2 into MK 11? Perhaps something new? Let’s hear your thoughts and ideas below

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might

Personally I’m not certain on whether I want the variation system back. It was neat in a way because there were different ways to play characters that kept them somewhat fresh and gave multiple play styles to characters that were usually only one style. But on the other hand it left some characters feeling half done in some variations. For example Raiden not having a teleport in every variation is sort of blasphemy tbh.

But I’m certain I don’t want the gear system for MK. I honestly think it’s time for something new.

I wouldn't mind the gear system if it's cosmetic only, without the stat changes. I just hope for better management and no duplicates if you have a piece of gear already. I like the idea of adding a personal touch to your favourite character rather than a set skin everyone would use.

If they do bring back the variation system I would like them to reduce it down to two only; one hand-to-hand style and one weapon style (sort of how the old 3D era games did it).

As for a new feature? I just hope they add at least 1 new mini game and bring back tag. Asking for Konquest mode, as much as I'd love it, it's probably not going to happen, but I think a lobby/hub area similar to Dragon Ball Fighterz where you can walk around with your chosen kombatant would be a nice touch to the menu.

Instead of gear I’d prefer more unique/ premier skins. Classic skins too of course. Tag battles would be nice as well. *Fingers crosses* Maybe the return of Konquest mode?

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
I would personally love if they went full tag mode with the game being a MK9 legacy one,with some tweaks ofc. After seeing some of the designs that didn't make it in MKX when it comes to skins, It would be a damn shame if they didn't bring back the gear system that's only cosmetic. I would love a stage maker, just imagine the millions of creations that the community would come up with!

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
As mentioned before, gear would be cool as a cosmetic only thing, but unlocked not through loot boxes
After matches of course, but it would be cool to see a marketplace sort of feature that lets you buy pieces
But with that said, skins too. Both would be great either way.
As for variations, I liked them and would enjoy seeing them come back, maybe brought down to only two. I still like the idea of choosing two abilities before a fight tho
Oh and motor kombat pls

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I like variations, I like customizable costumes, I like the run button. I don't like slow walk speed, I don't like long normals, I don't like 50/50's all over.
Characters with variations, customizable costumes and run button....on a 3D plane. It is time.

E

Eldriken

It already has two things that'll make it unique: a block button and stupid chip damage on normals. :DOGE

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Maybe what'll set MK11 apart from NRS' other titles won't be any one specific thing, but it'll rather be the culmination of everything they've done so far, being remodeled to fit within the ideal mold, discarding what didn't work or people didn't really like.

Dont forget that every mk game has its own unique set of finishes. Babalities in 9 and brutalities in 10. Could we see the return of friendship finishers, or perhaps animalities? Stay tuned

Wigy

There it is...
I have a feeling they're guna stick with the whole shitty arcade mode they have at the moment cause it is the whole grinding for credits in game purchases approach but I miss the 300 challenges from mk9 arcade mode. Shit was good. Not just pointlessly grinding vs a bot with armour that reads all your inputs while u get hurt with explosive turkeys and your controls are backwards

ChillerX

Weapon of mass distraction
I have a feeling they're guna stick with the whole shitty arcade mode they have at the moment cause it is the whole grinding for credits in game purchases approach but I miss the 300 challenges from mk9 arcade mode. Shit was good. Not just pointlessly grinding vs a bot with armour that reads all your inputs while u get hurt with explosive turkeys and your controls are backwards
The challenge tower in MK9 was cancerous, but really fun. I remember taking forever to finish the last mission and finally completing it with Noob, who better be there in MK11.

DeftMonk

Noob
I like variations, I like customizable costumes, I like the run button. I don't like slow walk speed, I don't like long normals, I don't like 50/50's all over.
Characters with variations, customizable costumes and run button....on a 3D plane. It is time.
If mk11 is 3d with a run button that will be the only way I for sure will never play it.

They need to bring back animalities. Animalities, Konquest Mode, Challenge towers and tag mode. Instead of variations maybe make it to where you can put 2 moves in sort of like injustice.