What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 PC System Requirements

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Wasn't a different studio the one who ported MKX? The release was a disaster lmao unforgettable. Menu simulator!
QLOC has done all their PC ports since MKX. They borked MKX like mad prior to MKXL after which it was fine, IJ2 was ok, and MK11 was just fine. High Voltage were the ones responsible for the abysmal ports of MK9 and IJGAU.

EDIT: Immortal is correct. High Voltage was also responsible for original MKX release (which tracks lol).

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
It was confirmed when they did MK11. Nothing really new. It's the same engine still and that's fine. Since it doesn't really matter. Like i said they already wrote and rewriten so much of it that it hardly has much to do with the original UE.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
It was confirmed when they did MK11. Nothing really new. It's the same engine still and that's fine. Since it doesn't really matter. Like i said they already wrote and rewriten so much of it that it hardly has much to do with the original UE.
Well, camera hooks, unreal tools, etc still work on the games. at its core, its still Unreal... just not gonna exactly reverse engineer that frame data anytime soon lol. Thats why I dont think the requirements and the fact the game is gonna be on Switch, is an issue. Cutscenes are always gonna look fiyahh

Immortal

Blind justice....
Well, camera hooks, unreal tools, etc still work on the games. at its core, its still Unreal... just not gonna exactly reverse engineer that frame data anytime soon lol. Thats why I dont think the requirements and the fact the game is gonna be on Switch, is an issue. Cutscenes are always gonna look fiyahh
Obviously it's still Unreal, it basic tools and functions of the editor etc... but you know what i meant - in broader view.

Immortal

Blind justice....
And what's so interesting about it? They're probably in pre-production phase of their next game, whatever that might be.

Also going for UE 4 would make little sense now, you would obviously go for 5.X. So if they migrated to UE 4 it means it was in the works for months/years and maybe it's now production ready for their next game. They're obviously not hiring for MK1 development.

Also Niagara system is pretty cool in UE. Allows you to do amazing things with environment effects and i can see a lot of options for them in it(smoke, water/blood, sparks, beams/lightning etc...).

Last edited:

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
And what's so interesting about it? They're probably in pre-production phase of their next game, whatever that might be.

Also going for UE 4 would make little sense now, you would obviously go for 5.X. So if they migrated to UE 4 it means it was in the works for months/years and maybe it's now production ready for their next game.

Also Niagara system is pretty cool in UE. Allows you to do amazing things with environment effects and i can see a lot of options for them in it(smoke, water/blood, sparks, beams/lightning etc...).
Because if they're on 4 now they could hypothetically migrate to ue5 mid cycle for this game just as they rebuilt the netcode in mkx mid cycle. I'm not saying it'll happen but if they finally get off of ue3 their possibilities increase exponentially.

Immortal

Blind justice....
That would be a first and lets just say it's highly unlikely.

While integrating GGPO code into UE is a big task(i should know, we already did it for our side project) it's nowhere near as big as redoing so many things for a newer version of UE post game release. I don't think corporation like ATT would waste A LOT of time and money on something like that.