What's new

Mortal Kombat 1 Official Announcement Trailer

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I think it’s kinda dumb of NRS to release a trailer for MK1 on may 18th and then supposedly have 4 whole weeks of radio silence with no news or anything at all and release the gameplay trailer on June 8th.
Not sharing anything with a 4 week gap after releasing a trailer with nearly 5M views on YT and probably more views on other platforms is quite bad from a marketing standpoint. NRS should do something about this.

They should either drop the gameplay trailer earlier or should’ve released the initial trailer later. I think these 4 weeks are just stupid.
They really just dropped the trailer, did a mini stream answering question and dipped out.
The trailer isn’t even a week old. Where are you getting 4 weeks from?
The gameplay is literally 2 weeks away.

You’ll live. Relax

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
The trailer isn’t even a week old. Where are you getting 4 weeks from?
The gameplay is literally 2 weeks away.

You’ll live. Relax
I counted the weeks wrong, my bad. Still, my point still stands.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I counted the weeks wrong, my bad. Still, my point still stands.
They did the same thing with MK11. They announced it and we didn’t get gameplay til a little over a month later

Either way, it’s not that deep. It’s May. The game comes out in September, with a beta out in August. That’s a short window to go over everything so please understand we’re about to be FLOODED with all types of info, especially since there’s a Beta. Having to wait 2 weeks is not a big deal at all

Onryoki

They did the same thing with MK11. They announced it and we didn’t get gameplay til a little over a month later

Either way, it’s not that deep. It’s May. The game comes out in September, with a beta out in August. That’s a short window to go over everything so please understand we’re about to be FLOODED with all types of info, especially since there’s a Beta. Having to wait 2 weeks is not a big deal at all
I’m just impatient I can’t help it :(

Not sharing anything with a 3 week gap after releasing a trailer with nearly 5M views on YT and probably more views on other platforms is quite bad from a marketing standpoint. NRS should do something about this.
I think WB know what they're doing. I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say the gameplay trailer is going to double that ... maybe more.

That said, a sneaky drop of a character render or two wouldn't hurt before the gameplay reveal.

I’m just impatient
I find if you read the TYM posts with people complaining about what NRS is doing wrong, it fills in the time nicely.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Just two more weeks, then we should get more info on a weekly basis. ;)

So, relax people, after the gameplay trailer, NRS has no other choice but make at least , one Kombat Kast per week until the game release, so, we will have a ton of stuff to discuss here. :cool:

Will be fun see what they will show us, I mean, what cool, or new stuff they will bring on this time ? Since MK9, they at least tried so far until now, to make each game be a bit different from the previous one, so, what's up this time ?

Onryoki

I think WB know what they're doing. I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say the gameplay trailer is going to double that ... maybe more.

That said, a sneaky drop of a character render or two wouldn't hurt before the gameplay reveal.

I find if you read the TYM posts with people complaining about what NRS is doing wrong, it fills in the time nicely.
Maybe so lmao

So i've watched the trailer a few times since it was released, and i have to say that i really like LK's dialogue. Doesn't really explain much, but at the same time gets you very interested in what they have in store for the game.

But the part where he says: You have chosen to defy peace, then you have chosen war with a god - Something about that line is just awesome. Not sure if it's the voice direction, the vocal performance, the phrase... but i love it!