What's new

More on Krypt Chests and Unlockables

Ayx

Omnipresent
I never had the glitch happen on the shrine because I never bought gear for it, strictly the 100k for skins (which you don't get dupes of because the glitch applied to gear.)

I'm playing on the PC version, and we don't have the patch that released on PlayStation 4 yesterday, and I'm also getting the odd Augment from the Shrine, so it is a thing.

Surielx

Noob
If you spend 100k in the shrine, you get a skin. If you spend 75k, you get 2 rewards, at least 1 being gear. This seems to be the rule with exception rate around 5-8%. Exceptionally you get augments.

Last edited:

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Does anyone have any of the following unlocked:
Kabal skin - Underdone
Baraka skin - Untamed Heart
Baraka Arm Blades - Wu Shi Temple Pillagers, Blades of Khun-Orkhat, Final Kombat Korakata, Raging Warmonger's Korakata
Noob Saibot Mask - Klassic Noob Saibot
If so where'd you get them? Shrine, soul, Kronika vault?

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Koin chests are not bugged for dupes. You can always get dupes and before if you overfilled the soul chest cycle but had a gear unlock glitch for it you'd drive yourself crazy.

It appears that the gears are divided in 6 loot pools regardless of location. For example, it appears it doesn't matter what time you're on:
  • Koin chests
  • Soul chests
  • Spirit Koin chests (This pool actually holds a LOT of unique gear.)
  • Kronika Time Vaults
  • Shrine
  • Kollector (This pool requires pieces that are RNG gained by the first 3 pools above.)
Right now as far as I know there's nothing that tells if Kronika's time vault loot is unique. I haven't unlocked anything on the shrine gear wise, only skins strictly (Over 30mil prob on skins so far.. sometimes augments come out for 100k thanks NRS). so if I unlock one of the female ninja "clear" masks I'll know for sure that it contains Shrine loot for cheap.

Also an important note is that after today for consoles the Shang Tsung shrine room got nerfed to be 5k chests now. The problem is that now, the % of getting something good makes that room 100% useless after refresh. Before you could even get a rare chance at a skin or a 5 augment pool combined w/ Sindel's wedding ring for half off you could get some good clearance out of that room.. pretty much the only chests that were worth it.
I’ve looked over at the mega gear thread. If it says that a certain skin is in a certain soul chest for example, does that mean if I can’t find it I’ll have to refill chests instead of trying my luck in the shrine? I’m pretty sure I’ve cleared the entire Krypt except Shang Tsung’s Throne room. I also assume it’s better to refill the entire Krypt at once and just use a map to open every chest?

Ayx

Omnipresent
I’ve looked over at the mega gear thread. If it says that a certain skin is in a certain soul chest for example, does that mean if I can’t find it I’ll have to refill chests instead of trying my luck in the shrine? I’m pretty sure I’ve cleared the entire Krypt except Shang Tsung’s Throne room. I also assume it’s better to refill the entire Krypt at once and just use a map to open every chest?
Yes if you didn't get it on your first loop, it means you need to keep replenishing said loot pool to get it.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Yes if you didn't get it on your first loop, it means you need to keep replenishing said loot pool to get it.
I can only replenish 50 chess at a time? Yeesh I need to comb though the entire thing to find those 50 chests I replenished :(

Xentex

Noob
I can only replenish 50 chess at a time? Yeesh I need to comb though the entire thing to find those 50 chests I replenished :(
I usually do 400 or so at a time. So replenish 50, then 50 more, then 50 more, etc. Do it 8-10 times and then go around opening stuff again.

After refilling well over a thousand of them all I get in chests now are consumables and the occasional duplicate. [Playing on PC.] Definitely feels like something isn't working right.

Ayx

Omnipresent
Your best bet is to replenish the entire krypt then only open the chests from the loot pool you're looking for. For example after full replenish, you only open Spirit chests then refill those once done. (The loot is not location exclusive as far as we can tell. So you can just open the same large amount of Soul chests in the dead woods and spirit chests in the courtyard.)

smaddy

I'm your huckleberry
Your best bet is to replenish the entire krypt then only open the chests from the loot pool you're looking for. For example after full replenish, you only open Spirit chests then refill those once done. (The loot is not location exclusive as far as we can tell. So you can just open the same large amount of Soul chests in the dead woods and spirit chests in the courtyard.)
Can confirm this as well. I"m at like 4th or 5th refresh of the Krypt at this point and the ONLY time i get something useful is from the refilled Soul Chests. The Coin based chests at this point only give me konsumables. You're better off saving your koins to refresh the soul chests or using them at the shrine which will give guaranteed skins or gear, for the most part.

Seems like they patched out "stolen riches". NRS can't have people have too much of their shitty currency...

God forbid people might have fun.

I haven't aquired a single "stolen riches" consumable since the patch.
Used to be able to make 2.5 million koins per hour with that item in the survival tower.

I guess I'm done with farming skins now. Not gonna play millions of these shitty towers to get like 500k koins in 3 hours to have half of them translate into some shitty augments and the other half into items for characters I don't even play.

God I used to love unlocking shit in MK games, I fucking hate it in this one. It's like an MMO just without any joy.

Ayx

Omnipresent
I haven't aquired a single "stolen riches" consumable since the patch.
Used to be able to make 2.5 million koins per hour with that item in the survival tower.

I guess I'm done with farming skins now. Not gonna play millions of these shitty towers to get like 500k koins in 3 hours to have half of them translate into some shitty augments and the other half into items for characters I don't even play.

God I used to love unlocking shit in MK games, I fucking hate it in this one. It's like an MMO just without any joy.
What augments did you use to get that much? I know for sure they haven't patched them. I just got 4 in a loot pool earlier last night. Is it 2.5mil per tower on survival?

gtk i hav a few of those...
You just need to stack +9% koin augments up the ass on a character. I got lucky and had an augment that gives Skarlet +100% currency when she lands a fatality. So you do that and if you have either a sick augment like I had or reach +36% koins you'll max out at around 60k koins per fight in the survival or endless towers.

I chose survival because it's only 1 round, takes about 30 minutes, win is guaranteed since you can put it on very easy and nets you 1.2 million koins.
My Skarlet couldn't go past 25 fights on endless most of the time anyways and it took almost double the time.

Anyways, don't use them until you got some good augments to make the most of them.

You get guaranteed 2 augments at the shrine for 15k spent, as soon as all the kombat kards and icons are removed from the pool by winning them.

Last edited:
Oh yeah and guys, with high +koins augments on ToT towers with stolen riches active it tells you you got 120k or something ridiculous after a fight, but it's not true it maxes out at 50-53k for konsumable bonus. Adding in performance and augment bonus you'll have 60k per fight tops, so the klassic towers stay the best place to make some dough.

Ayx

Omnipresent
You just need to stack +9% koin augments up the ass on a character. I got lucky and had an augment that gives Skarlet +100% currency when she lands a fatality. So you do that and if you have either a sick augment like I had or reach +36% koins you'll max out at around 60k koins per fight in the survival or endless towers.
Rip now that you mentioned that you haven't got Stolens in a while. I spent about 1.5mil on chests and didn't get on x2 Stolen rofl. Before I'd open spirit chests and get x2s semi-often.

Seems like they patched out "stolen riches". NRS can't have people have too much of their shitty currency...

God forbid people might have fun.
I really can't believe they did that. I noticed it too and am like....where are the koins rewards??? Complete and total BS. NRS wants us to play this game for months trying to unlock everything. MONTHS....every day. This really really pissed me off.

Okay nevermind. Stolen riches are still in the game. I just went unlucky and blew 3 million koins on invisible chests in the Krypt, played towers with mortal konsumable rewards for 3 days straight without getting a single stolen riches drop.

Got two today though on PS4, so I guess they're still in the game, you just can't reliably farm them but when you get them you have a substantial currency boost.

Last edited: