What's new

More on Krypt Chests and Unlockables

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
If that's one of the objects for the door down in Goro's lair with the fire behind it (takes 3 different orbs), I got all those from towers. Which is not to say there isn't another way to do it, but I definitely saw those pop ups and said ooh I bet this is sick gear, and no, its keys for the krypt.

Can someone explain the character statues to me? I did the Raiden MK1 statue on the other side, but all the MK11 character statues are still locked and I've been doing fatalities and brutals like crazy. Is there a trick to making them start count?
The statues meaning like, the warrior shrine statues? I'm pretty sure Raiden is the only one that can be interacted with (well, kinda - if you put on the blindfold Scorpion is also holding a lantern you can spear to unlock a heart chest). If anybody has found anything to do with the other statues that would be great to know.

If you mean the heads across from there I'm not sure what the current parameters are, tbh. It used to be 50 fatalities against that character in klassic/TOT, but since the hotfix a couple weeks ago they've reduced the number for sure, and I think brutalities count now? Unsure if they can be done online now or still limited to towers; I did most of my head grinding before the big fix >_>

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yea tower 5 is meh not even worth the rewardds for sub At least
I feel the same way about Raidens lol. The medallion looks cool but his outfits aren't even the ones Iwant. Those are in the krypt but the towers are fun and get lots of koins. I agree

MKF30

I got his story one from kollector the blue and white one
Yeah I've been going back to him every day and sometimes will summon him lol haven't gotten it yet. Nice.
I agree , I was really hoping we’d get his MK9 amulet from his character tower.
Yeah I'm surprised they didn't include his mk 9 amulet, theres a few that look similar but not exactly like in mk 9

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
If that's one of the objects for the door down in Goro's lair with the fire behind it (takes 3 different orbs), I got all those from towers. Which is not to say there isn't another way to do it, but I definitely saw those pop ups and said ooh I bet this is sick gear, and no, its keys for the krypt.

Can someone explain the character statues to me? I did the Raiden MK1 statue on the other side, but all the MK11 character statues are still locked and I've been doing fatalities and brutals like crazy. Is there a trick to making them start count?
No, its a consumable which allows you to use FB regardless of health. Need it for the character tower requirements. It just seems to be too rare to get.

If you mean the heads, you need to do 50 (or is it 25 after the latest patch?) fatalities (and brutalities?) on each character in the towers. As far as i know there isnt a way to track your kills.

Surielx

Noob
I just found this today:
In order to collect your daily 5 AI rewards for defence you need to go to AI battle -> Battle log. Simply click on it and you will get rewards.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
I just found this today:
In order to collect your daily 5 AI rewards for defence you need to go to AI battle -> Battle log. Simply click on it and you will get rewards.
Give you dupes sometimes, but its the only way to get certain skin and gear :( fuggin dupes...

jakehk

Noob
Quick question maybe it was answered before. I've opened every krypt chest and soul chest etc.. and still have around 250 skins that say they are found in the "krypt" is the only way to get any of these now from the shrine or kronika balls?

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Quick question maybe it was answered before. I've opened every krypt chest and soul chest etc.. and still have around 250 skins that say they are found in the "krypt" is the only way to get any of these now from the shrine or kronika balls?
You can refill 50 chests for 100000 koins...only soul chests will get you new skins/gear iirc....also ALL chests in krypt are bugged to give DUPES so save ur money for patch...im at 7 mill...

Goros lair and Courtyard have CHEST REFILL station...

Surielx

Noob
Also, update on Kronika's orb. It spawns EVERY other hour (1:00, 3:00, 5:00 etc.) (Krypt time). Also, you don't even have to exit the Krypt, one just spawned right next to me at exactly 3:00.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
i think that happens when you get everything you could possible get
That's the thing. Got an augment 2 times, so I left the Krypt, went back in, ran back to the Shrine, then got 3 skins.
So yeah, I guess we can randomly get augments instead. Kinda a waste of 100k koins though. :p

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
That's the thing. Got an augment 2 times, so I left the Krypt, went back in, ran back to the Shrine, then got 3 skins.
So yeah, I guess we can randomly get augments instead. Kinda a waste of 100k koins though. :p
Kronika chests also drop rando skins/gear/augs for less koins...but itll take evn longer to get what you want....1 chest an hour...take ur pick...

Lokheit

Noob
Good news, the latest patch solved duplicate problem. Go ahead and flush your savings down the shrine toilet.
Are you 100% sure? If so, great news and it should've been mentioned in the notes as many players were looking for this.

Also, update on Kronika's orb. It spawns EVERY other hour (1:00, 3:00, 5:00 etc.) (Krypt time). Also, you don't even have to exit the Krypt, one just spawned right next to me at exactly 3:00.
Cool, before sometimes they would appear at o'clock times, but I had many appear at random minutes.

Surielx

Noob
Indeed, I just spent ~6m coins (~60x 100,000) in the shrine and got 3 augments in the process. Still, 3 out of 60 - I can live with that.

MKF30

I swear they never you stuff for characters you use. Once in a blue I get something for Raiden on the shrine.lol

Ayx

Omnipresent
You can refill 50 chests for 100000 koins...only soul chests will get you new skins/gear iirc....also ALL chests in krypt are bugged to give DUPES so save ur money for patch...im at 7 mill...

Goros lair and Courtyard have CHEST REFILL station...
Koin chests are not bugged for dupes. You can always get dupes and before if you overfilled the soul chest cycle but had a gear unlock glitch for it you'd drive yourself crazy.

It appears that the gears are divided in 6 loot pools regardless of location. For example, it appears it doesn't matter what time you're on:
  • Koin chests
  • Soul chests
  • Spirit Koin chests (This pool actually holds a LOT of unique gear.)
  • Kronika Time Vaults
  • Shrine
  • Kollector (This pool requires pieces that are RNG gained by the first 3 pools above.)
Right now as far as I know there's nothing that tells if Kronika's time vault loot is unique. I haven't unlocked anything on the shrine gear wise, only skins strictly (Over 30mil prob on skins so far.. sometimes augments come out for 100k thanks NRS). so if I unlock one of the female ninja "clear" masks I'll know for sure that it contains Shrine loot for cheap.

Also an important note is that after today for consoles the Shang Tsung shrine room got nerfed to be 5k chests now. The problem is that now, the % of getting something good makes that room 100% useless after refresh. Before you could even get a rare chance at a skin or a 5 augment pool combined w/ Sindel's wedding ring for half off you could get some good clearance out of that room.. pretty much the only chests that were worth it.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Koin chests are not bugged for dupes. You can always get dupes and before if you overfilled the soul chest cycle but had a gear unlock glitch for it you'd drive yourself crazy.

It appears that the chests are divided in 5 loot pools regardless of location. For example, it appears it doesn't matter what time you're on:
  • Koin chests
  • Soul chests
  • Spirit Koin chests (This pool actually holds a LOT of unique gear.)
  • Kronika Time Vaults
  • Shrine
Right now as far as I know there's nothing that tells if Kronika's time vault loot is unique. I haven't unlocked anything on the shrine gear wise, only skins strictly (Over 30mil prob on skins so far.. sometimes augments come out for 100k thanks NRS). so if I unlock one of the female ninja "clear" masks I'll know for sure that it contains Shrine loot for cheap.

Also an important note is that after today for consoles the Shang Tsung shrine room got nerfed to be 5k chests now. The problem is that now, the % of getting something good makes that room 100% useless after refresh. Before you could even get a rare chance at a skin or a 5 augment pool combined w/ Sindel's wedding ring for half off you could get some good clearance out of that room.. pretty much the only chests that were worth it.
patch fixed this no dupes after 5 million spent...ill let u know if I see more...