What's new

More on Krypt Chests and Unlockables

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
I only have opened 460 chests according to my game. IDK why. I ran through the entire krypt and opened like 30 hidden chests and still coming up short, is there a hidden area?
The game also spawns KRONIKA VAULT CHESTS randomly abt 5000 to open. heard you can get 3-5 in krypt per day...or 75000 at least from shrine :)

Afumba

Noob
I unlocked and opened the last of the shit in the krypt this weekend. What a let down. Still several skins and gear pieces left for my fucking main that are supposedly in the krypt. The best Johnny Cage belt is still in there somewhere....

I really don't want to refill the chests and soul spires and do it all over. Please tell me there's another way....a better way.
Sorry friend but there isnt. Opened and refilled th Krypt 3 times, spend over 10M in the shrine and i am still missing 12 Krypt skins for my main. Only option you have is to repeat the process and have luck.

I only have opened 460 chests according to my game. IDK why. I ran through the entire krypt and opened like 30 hidden chests and still coming up short, is there a hidden area?
The chest counter is bugged or something. Also not all chests seem to count. After opening everything in the Krypt i was at ~480chests. I then refilled it all and it took ~1,2M to refill it, which at 2k a piece didnt add up. So either the counter is bugged or the refill machine... i chose to believe the former cuz this way i am less salty lol

Bliss

Noob
I've refilled the Courtyard Kronika thing twice and unlocked all of the Krypt minus the 10,000 Soul thing and I'm still only at like 570. I know there is another Kronika refill thing in Goro's Lair. But, I saw a third somewhere. Now I can't remember where!

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
I unlocked and opened the last of the shit in the krypt this weekend. What a let down. Still several skins and gear pieces left for my fucking main that are supposedly in the krypt. The best Johnny Cage belt is still in there somewhere....

I really don't want to refill the chests and soul spires and do it all over. Please tell me there's another way....a better way.
So the workaround seems to be refill the chests but do not open the koin chests only the soul ones then after a while all koin chests will be full and you will only respawn soul chests which mostly always give good gear etc. Shitty i know but its better than the alternative

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yes. Shrine system. And they didn't patch that Shinnok Amulet thing. I did the head glitch before it was patched. Then the update came out, and the Shinnok Amulet glitch still worked. I'm still going to buy the 10,000 Soul chest because it's the only thing I haven't unlocked in the Krypt.

The Shrine sucks though. I only use Sub-Zero/Scorpion right now. The chances of getting their skins/gear are low.
Never even heard of that Shinnok glitch til you lol.

Yeah people have gotten the maskless variants for the chicks in the shrine but it's SUPER random and rare lol. Some people think they give you shit with characters you don't play which does seem like the case lol. Yeah, I hate how they do that lol. Like it's a gamble and you don't even get stuff for characters you use.. You get two skins of your favorite character per characters tower though, just as you got on they get more pricey and the requirements get tougher.

GoonerJoe88

Emperor Of Outworld

Yeah people have gotten the maskless variants for the chicks in the shrine but it's SUPER random and rare lol. Some people think they give you shit with characters you don't play which does seem like the case lol. Yeah, I hate how they do that lol. Like it's a gamble and you don't even get stuff for characters you use.. You get two skins of your favorite character per characters tower though, just as you got on they get more pricey and the requirements get tougher.
I did have this idea that the more matches you have with your main and co main the shrine seems to give less gear or skins for these fighters.

I know EA does this with sports titles to get you to grind more or not drop the game making sure you keep coming back. They are known for RNG. Also, if you stop playing for around a month and open some loot or "packs" when you get back it seems to give rare items. They have this system which reads how often you log in and how many minutes played.

I don't think NRS is that evil though. Well, hopefully not. ;)

Bliss

Noob

Right. I main Sub-Zero but have been using Scorpion in Time of Towers to unlock his shit as of the past 2-3 days. Sub-Zero, I use the purple costume that makes him look like Rain. For Scorpion, I use the white costume to make him look like Smoke. I grew up with the pallet swaps so I like doing shit like that. I "Kustomize" other characters too (all of them), even though I don't use them. Just in-case I do.

I have maskless Scorpion but I'd only use maskless on the females.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
I've completed my first pass on the Krypt and only saw 3....
Not anyone elses fault, Ive found over a dozen one even spawn right next to me when I entered krypt...its only about 3 per day...NRS doesnt want you to unlock everything before dlc...dont be surprised if you cant.

MKF30

I did have this idea that the more matches you have with your main and co main the shrine seems to give less gear or skins for these fighters.

I know EA does this with sports titles to get you to grind more or not drop the game making sure you keep coming back. They are known for RNG. Also, if you stop playing for around a month and open some loot or "packs" when you get back it seems to give rare items. They have this system which reads how often you log in and how many minutes played.

I don't think NRS is that evil though. Well, hopefully not. ;)
Yeah, hope not. WB isn't THAT level of bad. I think NRS really wanted to us to play the game all over the place but it's pissing people off lol with the grind in this game and with things like that "oh you don't play this character, we'll give you good shit for them" like that's a total troll thing to do right there! :mad: Like I want Mythology Raiden dammit! I don't care about Johnny Cage's "suck it" tattoo with an arrow pointed down his abs skin. Know what I mean? lol

WB isn't as bad as EA, Activision, Capcom etc but I hope they don't get that bad seriously...it's like the stuff we want is free technically but the grind and the fact that they don't give us what we acctually want, randomized alternative to loot boxes is lame. I hope NRS takes this feedback from this game and I2's response but we'll see.

Right. I main Sub-Zero but have been using Scorpion in Time of Towers to unlock his shit as of the past 2-3 days. Sub-Zero, I use the purple costume that makes him look like Rain. For Scorpion, I use the white costume to make him look like Smoke. I grew up with the pallet swaps so I like doing shit like that. I "Kustomize" other characters too (all of them), even though I don't use them. Just in-case I do.

I have maskless Scorpion but I'd only use maskless on the females.
Yeah, that's a cool costume. Last few days I saw a Sub-Zero outfit for sale on the store, it was one with white and blue. Said it's found in the krypt. Not sure which one since there's like 100 color variants of the same color in this game. Not literally but you know what I mean. lol I thought of using Sub-Zero's variation the one where he can zone a bit, and pick his red outfit lol since I love Ermac. I do the same, well not for every character but for my mains and secondaries.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Yeah, hope not. WB isn't THAT level of bad. I think NRS really wanted to us to play the game all over the place but it's pissing people off lol with the grind in this game and with things like that "oh you don't play this character, we'll give you good shit for them" like that's a total troll thing to do right there! :mad: Like I want Mythology Raiden dammit! I don't care about Johnny Cage's "suck it" tattoo with an arrow pointed down his abs skin. Know what I mean? lol

WB isn't as bad as EA, Activision, Capcom etc but I hope they don't get that bad seriously...it's like the stuff we want is free technically but the grind and the fact that they don't give us what we acctually want, randomized alternative to loot boxes is lame. I hope NRS takes this feedback from this game and I2's response but we'll see.

Yeah, that's a cool costume. Last few days I saw a Sub-Zero outfit for sale on the store, it was one with white and blue. Said it's found in the krypt. Not sure which one since there's like 100 color variants of the same color in this game. Not literally but you know what I mean. lol I thought of using Sub-Zero's variation the one where he can zone a bit, and pick his red outfit lol since I love Ermac. I do the same, well not for every character but for my mains and secondaries.
who do I have to kill to get suck it JC?

Bliss

Noob

Yeah. Ermac can be copied from Sub-Zero's costumes too!! But, make sure to do it without the Grand Master logo or it messes it up!! Scorpion has that Forest costume that makes him look like Reptile (minus the yellow stripes).

Wonder why Johnny Cage and Sub-Zero don't have blue eyes anymore? I can guess; but, then I'd be insulted for using my head.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Ok I actually just made that up but you know what I mean! lol. That would be funny if he had a skin/tattoo that said that though haha. Hey, NRS you taking notes! :p:D
Its good I would have grinded for that, but I got sluty outfits for all women...even RED Jade. Im happy!

MKF30

Yeah. Ermac can be copied from Sub-Zero's costumes too!! But, make sure to do it without the Grand Master logo or it messes it up!! Scorpion has that Forest costume that makes him look like Reptile (minus the yellow stripes).

Wonder why Johnny Cage and Sub-Zero don't have blue eyes anymore? I can guess; but, then I'd be insulted for using my head.
Nice, doesn't Sub have a Reptile skin too? Thought he had a green? I never noticed Cage having blue eyes. lol. Interesting. But yeah I do wonder why there's no glowing blue ice eyes for Subby. Maybe they wanted him to not look like Raiden? But Raiden has always had glowing eyes lol, and I liked Sub's glowing eyes. I like his normal eyes too. They could have done with Scorpion have his white eyes and normal. Though I did notice I don't think there's a normal hair/maskless Scorp with white eyes is there?

GoonerJoe88

Emperor Of Outworld
I'm still chasing Kahn of Kahns headgear and Master of the Lower Mines skin for Shao Kahn. I'm trying to make him a kostume as klassic as he can get. I get flashbacks of nostalgia waves of reaching the boss levels at the arcade and getting hammered by Shao but walking away happy. :D

All I wanted as a kid was to play as the bosses or sub bosses which later came true in MK Trilogy.

MKF30

Its good I would have grinded for that, but I got sluty outfits for all women...even RED Jade. Im happy!
lol nice job. NRS said they're having DLC costumes in the future planned too. Let's hope we get some of those MK 9 and 90's era outfits!

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Funny scorp and Noob are my mains, and I have more gear for them than anyone...next is JC but I LOVE JC!

Bliss

Noob
Nice, doesn't Sub have a Reptile skin too? Thought he had a green? I never noticed Cage having blue eyes. lol. Interesting. But yeah I do wonder why there's no glowing blue ice eyes for Subby. Maybe they wanted him to not look like Raiden? But Raiden has always had glowing eyes lol, and I liked Sub's glowing eyes. I like his normal eyes too. They could have done with Scorpion have his white eyes and normal. Though I did notice I don't think there's a normal hair/maskless Scorp with white eyes is there?
Sub-Zero doesn't really have a green costume. I think it's more white than green.

Kind of hard to see here; but, in MKX he had blue eyes.

MKF30