What's new

More MKX DLC Konfirmed; Koming First Half of 2016

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Much rather have it in 2016 instead of getting rushed DLC with constant patching and balancing
Lol.

Let's see, having it come out 3rd/4th quarter would be a HUGE cash cow for NRS.

More way to get more press/money for the holidays.

They could of announced that the next character would be out Christmas or possibly end of next month. Then release each character after 4-5 weeks.

That would mean we would get new characters all the way up to at least January or February.

If they want to increase the life of the game, release a new character in a month or two, to hold us over, and THEN release KP2 next year.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
There is no evidence so far to say when it will come, although i think that they might start releasing this year and carry through the next year across the 4 characters.
From a balance / patching stand point, that is what I'd like to see. One character a month (al-la Killer Instinct) with balancing happening over the course of a few months before EVO, but that isn't MK's style. We'll most likely get all 4 at the same time, and have a slew of balance changes happen at the same time.

Here's hoping they do a good job keeping us informed.

RexxyC

what's done is done
it wont come out in 2016, that's obtuse. no one is going to buy your dlc in 4 months.

Onilordasmodeus

Lol.

Let's see, having it come out 3rd/4th quarter would be a HUGE cash cow for NRS.

More way to get more press/money for the holidays.

They could of announced that the next character would be out Christmas or possibly end of next month. Then release each character after 4-5 weeks.

That would mean we would get new characters all the way up to at least January or February.

If they want to increase the life of the game, release a new character in a month or two, to hold us over, and THEN release KP2 next year.
FYI: MK9, Injustice, and MKX all come out in the 1st quarter of their respective release years. MKX is one of the most successful game titles to come out this year...and again, it didn't release in 3rd or 4th quarter. Your premise is faulty.

Onilordasmodeus

it wont come out in 2016, that's obtuse. no one is going to buy your dlc in 4 months.
If MKX Komplete Edition, along with KP2 and the new season of ESL (yes, I think the new season is a ways off) are all announced at the same time, why wouldn't there be enough buzz to sell copies?

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
FYI: MK9, Injustice, and MKX all come out in the 1st quarter of their respective release years. MKX is one of the most successful game titles to come out this year...and again, it didn't release in 3rd or 4th quarter. Your premise is faulty.
You didn't get the point I was trying to make.

Cash cow means it keeps earning money over time. So instead of having the game sit without any new content till at least January, why not make the characters already in the game (Baraka, Rain, etc.) come out around the holidays? More money right?

SLH7671

When in doubt, armor out.
I'd rather go ahead and get the DLC now so we can just get them out of the way, that way we can focus on reasonable, thought out fixes that will help the game retain the playability. We've made it this far, so I'm pretty sure we can a little longer.

RexxyC

what's done is done
If MKX Komplete Edition, along with KP2 and the new season of ESL (yes, I think the new season is a ways off) are all announced at the same time, why wouldn't there be enough buzz to sell copies?
of the game plus the season passes? no. that wont keep hype up outside the MK circle.

Slymind

Noob
From a balance / patching stand point, that is what I'd like to see. One character a month (al-la Killer Instinct) with balancing happening over the course of a few months before EVO, but that isn't MK's style. We'll most likely get all 4 at the same time, and have a slew of balance changes happen at the same time.

But that's how the approached KP1, i assume it will be the same this time around, with each release, a moderate patch with fixes and some changes.

True

From Scrubs to Pros
I don't believe Ign is accurate on the date. They always make release date predictions. Wait and see what Netherrealm tells the fans before u guys go into depression.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I doubt it'd be that late. I see them starting in a month. If they wait until 2016 then the rest of 2016 will be dedicated to patching the characters and shit. So we won't even have a full year of the finished Meta before Injustice 2.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I seriously wont be surprised if it's 2016. It's going to take time to do motion capture, quality testing(NRS does this right?), tweaks, patch setup...

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
If it will secure support for this game till the dlc and shortly after - so be it. This game needs some more work in balance department.

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.

Except that's exactly how KP1 worked and that's exactly how they did Injustice, and that's exactly how they did MK9. I think you can rest easy on them not releasing all 4 at once.

Onilordasmodeus

But that's how the approached KP1, i assume it will be the same this time around, with each release, a moderate patch with fixes and some changes.
iirc, there was a month between the game's release and the 1st character. The second character came like 3 weeks after the 1st, and the 3rd was around 3 weeks after that. The 4th was like 2 weeks after the 3rd. There were also more than 4 patches too (again, iirc), so they ROUGHLY followed the one-character-a-month path, but they were pretty sporadic too, and not at all clear about when/what/why they were changing things.

KI only put out balance patches once a month with the characters, on top of explaining the why's to the community. NRS seems to be going down this path (if the last KK is any indication), so I'm just hoping they are indeed learning.

Last edited:

SLH7671

When in doubt, armor out.
Or maybe they'll do like they did with Blue Steel Sub Zero. Use some of the DLC to boost the prize pool for ESL.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I doubt it'd be that late. I see them starting in a month. If they wait until 2016 then the rest of 2016 will be dedicated to patching the characters and shit. So we won't even have a full year of the finished Meta before Injustice 2.
But they said after this patch that the game will be like this for a long while. Them bringing in new characters starting next month goes against that. Also: who says that Injustice 2 is coming out in 2017 (if at all, for that matter)?