- Recovery roll​
- Delayed recovery roll​
- Recovery roll -> Wakeup attack​
MK10 wakeup system should have:

- Quick stand​
- Universal low wakeup normal​
- Universal mid wakeup normal​
- Wakeup specials should cost meter​
I think these added into the wakeup system would offer a lot more strategy.

Making wakeups cost meter would make rushdown characters absolutely broken.
Not really. That's why I suggested the universal mid & low attacks. They couldn't just go bananas with there rush-down with those present. It will force players to have to develop an oki game better than jumping over you like a jackass. Also, you still have the recovery roll and all the other options from MK9, except mindless wakeup specials.

Idiots waking up with specials with no penalty is stupid.

Enenra

Go to hell.
I don't understand?
If wake ups cost meter, zoning characters could never get back up once someone got in. They would have to be near impossible to get in on, and build meter likes champs because if a JC level rushdown character gets in it's over

If wake ups cost meter, zoning characters could never get back up once someone got in. They would have to be near impossible to get in on, and build meter likes champs because if a JC level rushdown character gets in it's over
Did any of you read the OP? All you guys seen is wakeup specials costing meter lol! Zoning isn't that strong in MK. Do you think Kitana is top 10 because of her fans? The universal low and universal mid will force all players to respect there opponent on wakeup and develop a strong oki game. If they don't, they will get knocked down every time they knock their opponent down. You still have the recovery roll that you can use a wakeup mid or low after. Then quick stand to negate cross overs. Finally, do you think NRS will make characters as ridiculous as Cage or Kabal in MK10? When MK9 was in development, one of there main points that they emphasized was "balance" they obviously failed, but they have the blueprint of MK9 to work from.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Your only against it because it will eliminate your pussy wakeup Ice Clone, but Sub-Zero is dead he won't be in MK10 anyway:p lol
I'm against it b/c normally the person using wakeups is the one getting their ass beat. They don't need to lose their meter on top of that.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.

- Quick stand​
No.

I'm against it b/c normally the person using wakeups is the one getting their ass beat. They don't need to lose their meter on top of that.
Lol what type of players are you facing man? When we played have you ever noticed that I use a wakeup attack less then 3 times a match? Also, what about the characters with great wake ups that cant be punished?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Lol what type of players are you facing man? When we played have you ever noticed that I use a wakeup attack less then 3 times a match? Also, what about the characters with great wake ups that cant be punished?
You're not getting your ass beat. lmao

The guy that is losing and getting knocked down is going to have to waste his meter to get up? smh

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Your response means nothing with no explanation.
Listing some arbitrary changes to the wakeup system and proclaiming it would "offer a lot more strategy" is equally useless. There's nothing broken about the wakeup system now, so it makes no sense for NRS to waste their time changing something that works just fine. All your "universal wakeups" will do is create "universal anti-wakeups" because there will be no unique properties that players need to take into account. Burning meter on wakeups is pretty dumb too considering that a lot of people already *do* burn meter on EX specials. Let's focus our energy trying to fix the broken parts of the game rather than trying to change the nature of it.

You're not getting your ass beat. lmao

The guy that is losing and getting knocked down is going to have to waste his meter to get up? smh
That's the thing, you don't need to use a wakeup special to get up. MK puts a lot of emphasis on special moves that's why nobody started using footsies until recent. Also, I'm not saying you can't wake up with the special, it's the invincibility they should pay for.

Listing some arbitrary changes to the wakeup system and proclaiming it would "offer a lot more strategy" is equally useless. There's nothing broken about the wakeup system now, so it makes no sense for NRS to waste their time changing something that works just fine. All your "universal wakeups" will do is create "universal anti-wakeups" because there will be no unique properties that players need to take into account. Burning meter on wakeups is pretty dumb too considering that a lot of people already *do* burn meter on EX specials. Let's focus our energy trying to fix the broken parts of the game rather than trying to change the nature of it.
NRS adopted Tekken's 4 button layout with corresponding limbs correct? There was nothing wrong with UMK3's layout. The point I'm trying to make is that just because something isn't broke doesn't mean it cannot be made a bit better. At it's core MK9 is not truly a 2D fighter. It has many mechanics that you would see in a 3D fighter, and it's basically a 3D fighter with no side stepping. Anybody who thinks NRS is going to make MK10 just MK9 with all of MK9's problems fixed is stupid. They are going to expand, and try new things.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele

- Quick stand​
This just sounds too much like Tekken...last thing that NRS needs is to rip them off more...

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Wakeup attacks choosing meter = Reptile and Kung Lao being top 3. Their wakeup offense is amazing because they don't care how far way you get knocked back, especially Reptile.

Wakeup attacks choosing meter = Reptile and Kung Lao being top 3. Their wakeup offense is amazing because they don't care how far way you get knocked back, especially Reptile.
If NRS can make the game as solid as they can with no bullshit I wouldn't even care who was top 3. However, in MK10 I want to see more variety in the mechanics.