What's new

Video/Tutorial More Grundy Setups

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
midscreen one interesting, i go for the grave rot then mixup personally at the moment. after a quick test there wakeups seem to beat the air normal,backdashes aswell and grundy is in air long enough to react too kinda taking away the mixup of jump or no jump

but to be honest dont know why your ever want to do the corner one instead of d2,11~trait grab after the MB WC unless theres a reason to get a block string instead of free damage?
(even if going for blockstring when opp has clash he could just let him hit u,jump attack to trait doesnt jail and thats even if you got by the wake up)

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
It works so well, you can cancel the second bf3 fir a little extra time on the mixup

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

1man3letters

It works so well, you can cancel the second bf3 fir a little extra time on the mixup

still havnt answered why you do it at all in the corner and why its worth losing free damage?
also that u have edited into the OP that u can empty jump into ex trait grab that i mentioned wakeups in my other post, the opponent can wakeup OR backdash while grundy is still in air and if its a fully invincible wakeup especially a multi hit MB trait wont cut it.there are a few that can be baited though

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
still havnt answered why you do it at all in the corner and why its worth losing free damage?
also that u have edited into the OP that u can empty jump into ex trait grab that i mentioned wakeups in my other post, the opponent can wakeup while grundy is still in air and if its a fully invincible wakeup especially a multi hit MB trait wont cut it.there are a few that can be baited though

not trying to blow u up, just annoying when people post tech leaving others to find the holes and wont address problems with something they found because of whatever reasons, generally pride of "oh i found this,its golden"
like this new game we dont want to start off with the false information of what works and what doesnt
i just really ignored the corner one.

no reason to even do ANYTHING other than max damage with the same mixup.

edit: to be fair.... this DOES create a "shit its not the same" panic. So it does have a use. Keep that in mind. Even though it isn't an optimal damage... it does have an optimal... "oh shit" factor.

1man3letters

i just really ignored the corner one.

no reason to even do ANYTHING other than max damage with the same mixup.

edit: to be fair.... this DOES create a "shit its not the same" panic. So it does have a use. Keep that in mind. Even though it isn't an optimal damage... it does have an optimal... "oh shit" factor.
yea at least the midscreen one somewhat useable,sure grundy's full of holes so guess having a setup,even a small damage one which loses to some wakeups isnt too bad

but on the "oh shit" factor, i played baraka in tourny setting for 2 years,all that ignorance of your opponent stuff only goes so far lol fair point though

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Start using this mid screen grundy players, if timed right jump 2 beats wakeups, and most of super wiff, except for gl and others like his