What's new

Video/Tutorial More cool lex tech and things

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Thanks for the post. Im bored with the game so im picking up lex.
To my surprise, hes good. Only deathstroke has been a real problem so far.
What do you lex players feel that matchup is?

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Thanks for the post. Im bored with the game so im picking up lex.
To my surprise, hes good. Only deathstroke has been a real problem so far.
What do you lex players feel that matchup is?

Any character with a fast projectile (like a gun) is going to cause a problem for Lex since he doesn't have anything projectile wise that can even trade (let alone even come out in time). However, when you get in on him it's not AS bad. Right now, I think it's 6-4, HOWEVER I have yet to play a good Deathstroke, and a good Deathstroke will probably stay fullscreen and shoot my circuits out, and that would make me think it's 7-3, so yeah.

(Even though this post probably should have been in the Match-Up Discussion thread :p)

Spacepopsicle

Cool Beans
Hey guys the combo mentioned earlier b13xxvacuum f3 ji3 11 11 u3 CC i can safely trait up and dash forward then block against a wake up 6frame CC maybe you didn't test enough or something? but i can block it fine.I then went and tried on the Flash against his LC 11frames and his flying uppercut 6frames, both times I can trait dash forward and block his wake up.

Alternatively I also changed the combo for easier (IMO) execution, b13xxvacuum f3 ji3 11 d1 u3 CC 37% compared to 38% I've also retested everything with this other combo and can still trait up dash forward and block a 6 frame (even flash) wake up

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
So i think i found some mid screen resets that involve having armor. I was thinking about posting a video but wanted to ask you guys if this was common knowledge already. Are you guys aware of any of these already? If so could you post me a link so i may compare them to mine? Its seems to easy to be unknown so i wanted to check here first.

Thead

Noob
So i think i found some mid screen resets that involve having armor. I was thinking about posting a video but wanted to ask you guys if this was common knowledge already. Are you guys aware of any of these already? If so could you post me a link so i may compare them to mine? Its seems to easy to be unknown so i wanted to check here first.
Post the notations, explain it a bit, post a video. Who cares if its already known, some people may not know, and it's not like there's a hundred posts a minute in Lexs forum.

Spacepopsicle I didn't test it relentlessly, if you can still block the Corp Charge and retain trait armour then great news, ill double check. Either way you still get the full punish.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Post the notations, explain it a bit, post a video. Who cares if its already known, some people may not know, and it's not like there's a hundred posts a minute in Lexs forum.

@spacepopscicle I didn't test it relentlessly, if you can still block the Corp Charge and retain trait armour then great news, ill double check. Either way you still get the full punish.
Ok thanks lol. Its sad how small the lex forum is. I keep finding unique shit with this guy.
You'd think there would be all kinds of tech with him but i guess he has that bs low tier tag on him.
Im seriously considering dumping aquaman for him so he must be good

Spacepopsicle

Cool Beans
I talked about it earlier, I revamped his corner combo and it can block a 6f wake up with shield dash or probe.
I have a video on my phone but I don't know how to post it yet
Anyway *starter* (vacuum) f3 b2 11 11 u3 CC shield forward dash, probe whatnot %33
*starter* (f2) d1 d1 d1 u3 CC into whatever %28
*starter* (22d1) 11 11 11 u3 CC (IMO difficult) %29
*starter* (22d1) 22xxvacuum f3 11 u3 CC into whatever %37
Do what you want with them, improve upon aswell

Thead

Noob
Spacepopsicle Yeah the Trait Dash definitely beats 6f Wakeup. It even beats 2F Supermans Super!

Here's what I use so far:
B13~Grav Pull MB, F3, Ji3, 11, 11, U3~Corp Charge - 38%

F2, 11, 11, 11, U3~Corp Charge - 30%

22D1, 11, 11, 11, U3~Corp Charge - 29%

What's even greater, is if you've caught this once in the corner, and you Trait after the Corp Charge (forcing people to not Wake Up attack as it'll be punished), you get a 50/50 opportunity to reloop a combo with Overhead or Low. The beauty this time however, is after you finish with Corp Charge, go straight into MB Orbital Strike.

Assuming you're in level 3 Trait, which you should be everytime you use it, you will still have it activated to absorb a Wake Up attack, meaning the UNBLOCKABLE Missiles WILL hit the opponent (unless a character specific Wake Up moves them away from the hitbox, Teleports for example).

From MB Orbital Strike in the corner, you can follow up with 11, 11, U3~Corp Charge for 30%, AND still retain those ridiculous plus frames.

Now, opponents CAN avoid the first missile by jumping as they get up, but the others will still hit them, and you can still carry on with the above combo for exactly the same damage and plus frames.

rev0lver BDMao88 NKZero x5STAR ShadowBeatz Wrenchfarm Jer Wemfs LtLuthor @AllYouOtherSexyPeopleICantFindRightNow

Lex is a BEAST in the corner.

NKZero

Noob
Spacepopsicle Yeah the Trait Dash definitely beats 6f Wakeup.

Here's what I use so far:
B13~Grav Pull MB, F3, Ji3, 11, 11, U3~Corp Charge - 38%

F2, 11, 11, 11, U3~Corp Charge - 30%

22D1, 11, 11, 11, U3~Corp Charge - 29%

What's even greater, is if you've caught this once in the corner, and you Trait after the Corp Charge (forcing people to not Wake Up attack as it'll be punished), you get a 50/50 opportunity to reloop a combo with Overhead or Low. The beauty this time however, is after you finish with Corp Charge, go straight into MB Orbital Strike.

Assuming you're in level 3 Trait, which you should be everytime you use it, you will still have it activated to absorb a Wake Up attack, meaning the UNBLOCKABLE Missiles WILL hit the opponent (unless a character specific Wake Up moves them away from the hitbox, Teleports for example).

From MB Orbital Strike in the corner, you can follow up with 11, 11, U3~Corp Charge for 30%, AND still retain those ridiculous plus frames.

Now, opponents CAN avoid the first missile by jumping as they get up, but the others will still hit them, and you can still carry on with the above combo for exactly the same damage and plus frames.

rev0lver BDMao88 NKZero x5STAR ShadowBeatz Wrenchfarm Jer Wemfs LtLuthor @AllYouOtherSexyPeopleICantFindRightNow

Lex is a BEAST in the corner.
Haven't played Lex/Injustice for a while but this sounds nasty! Armour in the corner is so scary lol.

Spacepopsicle

Cool Beans
I've been going over the combos again trying to find the most efficient ways to do these combos, taking online into effect
*starter* (b13xxvacuum) both f3 ji3 11 11 u3 CC 38% and f3 b2 11 11 u3 CC 35% are online viable, both are easy to remember in the heat of it and neither of them work 100%
*starter* (f2) d1 d1 d1 u3 CC 28% works every time, it's just not online viable, too hard to input and remember, while:
*starter* (f2) 11 11 11 u3 CC 30% is easy to input and to remember, while not being 100%
*starter* (22d1) 11 11 11 u3 CC 29% is easy I find the lack of hit confirmation (33% of the time?) too much
*starter* (22d1) 1xxvacuum f3 11 11 u3 CC 34% is more reliable, although you must spend a bar and is harder to remember the input in the midst of battle

I've tested the new tech you've presented of ending with a MB OS while having shields, it works well on any wake up attack that doesn't teleport them out of the corner (as you stated) and the follow up combo of 11 11 u3 CC to reset works well (66% of the time?)

All this data is bias to me maybe you're a legend who nails everything and doesn't whiff CC. Again improve upon it
Cheers Thead <-- don't know how to tag people hope that works, new to this :/

Thead

Noob
I've tested the new tech you've presented of ending with a MB OS while having shields, it works well on any wake up attack that doesn't teleport them out of the corner (as you stated) and the follow up combo of 11 11 u3 CC to reset works well (66% of the time?)

All this data is bias to me maybe you're a legend who nails everything and doesn't whiff CC. Again improve upon it
Cheers Thead <-- don't know how to tag people hope that works, new to this :/
Just keep practicing, all the combos work 100% of the time as long as you input them with the correct timing. My controller has a turbo function so it's easier for me to see visually when I can input things. Online these do become harder to connect .. but that's just the way online is. Yup, that's how you tag people :)

Immortal Kombat Any update on your midscreen resets? Would've PM'd you by you've got your settings locked up tighter than Fort Knox.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
I didnt post it because its just not viable and kind of a pain to pull off.
Im new to lex so i didnt realize that some of the mine traps i was using you could easily get out of it...which ruined my midscreen reset theory. Im still playing around with the thought though. I use mines and mb orbitals alot more now because of it.