What's new

Video/Tutorial more consistent way to get the reset

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
It's definitely height dependent. Getting to that height every time is the trick.
I've yet to play Smoke, but Scorpion's great void is also height dependent. But that's relatively easy to get down to 100% accuracy - obviously that's a TRUE reset as opposed to a guaranteed reset and nowhere near as much of a threat but the same principle applies; I have no doubt that it can be done with Smoke at 100% accuracy. More true resets, please. Those're fun, guaranteed resets...big stinky doo doo BS.

R00KI30FTH3Y3AR

(S)teel (V)alley (K)ombat
Please don't send them to just KT Smith. I don't mean to talk bad about you man but if there's Smoke tech that's being kept under wraps from the rest of the community, well, that's shitty dude. Especially if its a way to perfectly time the f4 reset consistently. Please post it up here for everyone to see, everyone to discuss, and everyone to decide what needs to be done about it, regardless of whether it becomes a standard BnB for Smoke's play OR a call for nerfs. It really bugs me that we, as a community, don't actually have this option. (assuming CDjr's reset tech actually exists and there wasn't trolling on VSM, but I have my reasons to believe it wasn't just trolling).

As stated in the Smoke Reset Sticky, the f4 reset is essentially random. NOT actually random. It comes down to level of fall, height of juggled opponent, and distance from the juggled opponent when they are hit with the f4. There are certain combinations of these factors that, when added together, will equal a true reset 100% of the time. I still believe that this reset comes down to perfect execution in most cases, however this smoke bomb > jump punch > quarter dash f4 xx EX Bomb method does make the reset significantly easier and more attainable in many cases, so thanks for bringing this back into the spotlight soonk.

I'm still working to try to expose this "100% guaranteed" reset; assuming that means there's some specific setup or string that sets the conditions perfectly for the reset. smokey too.
Whoa whoa whoa there, friend, I only sent the video to KT Smith first because I knew that he was one of the only two prominent Smoke players at the moment (He and CDjr) that could verify if it was truly an UNBLOCKABLE reset. And how can you say I didn't post the video when the video is the first thing you see in my post? Sir, I would advise that you check your facts and examine things more thoroughly next time.

Oh, and by the way, all this "random" business isn't random at all. As I demonstrated in my video, that height and not chance, determines whether or not the opponent will be reset or not. That video was but a simple example meant to demonstrate a very simple principle.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
If that was saved for a tournament and busted out in the grand finals of EVO by (random name incoming) Mustard and he won a game vs. REO from a position he should not have won from (IE opponent had 40% life lead with mustard at 3% health, 10 seconds on the clock), the entire MK community would be scorned because of having such dumb glitches in the game, not having them patched, not sharing them and winning on "dumb shit" instead of "being better at the game at that moment".
Scorned for doing an unbreakable combo perfectly under that pressure?

I think not. If anything, people would be going nuts.

R00KI30FTH3Y3AR

(S)teel (V)alley (K)ombat
R00KI30FTH3Y3AR

Uh, that wasn't a personal attack on you at all. In fact, the post wasn't even directed at you. I mentioned KT for a reason; I wanted him to read it. I know there will be no response to it, don't care. Not what I'm looking for. The point of my post was to state that any persons who find new smoke tech in the future (KT, CDjr, Wafflez, or otherwise) please share it with the community. Don't be "that guy" who keeps it secret for 4 months just to bust it out at a tournament and then lose said tournament and simultaneously leave the progression of your favored character lagging behind those of other characters who had technology shared.

For example: The new Cyrax unbreakerable tech. That shit is potentially GROUNDBREAKING if they can get more damage out of it/use less meter. It is already really freaking good as it is. This tech is only going to get better now that the community is aware of it, can practice it, and learn it. If that was saved for a tournament and busted out in the grand finals of EVO by (random name incoming) Mustard and he won a game vs. REO from a position he should not have won from (IE opponent had 40% life lead with mustard at 3% health, 10 seconds on the clock), the entire MK community would be scorned because of having such dumb glitches in the game, not having them patched, not sharing them and winning on "dumb shit" instead of "being better at the game at that moment".

TLDR: I absolutely hate the idea of people discovering new technology for a character and then simply NOT SHARING IT and KEEPING IT FOR THEMSELVES. You're just hurting the community in the end.
Edit* Let me just chill out and keep this civil.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
FrothyOmen , what rookie of the year sent me wasn't new tech; he basically asked if the reset was still the reset if there was no smoke bomb in the combo prior to it. I said I wasn't sure and would have to see what he was doing before I could tell. So, he sent me a video of it and it showed that even if there is no SB in the preceding combo, the F4 reset remains unchanged.

EDIT: stay civil.